Pharmacy School Acceptance Regular Decision

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

goblueeeeeee

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I can't seem to find this information anywhere. If you apply to a school during regular decision and the school offers you an acceptance letter and you reply that you accept. I'm assuming the acceptance you confirm is not binding? I can continue to apply and interview to other schools for their regular decision deadline.

The only downside is that other schools may view whether you accepted an admissions offer already from another school. I'm also assuming you can hold onto as many acceptances until around early March regardless of CAG school participation or not.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm stepping out of my lurky waters to say I'm very surprised nobody has replied with the typical "reasons why you should not do pharmacy" message.

As for you question, the relevant pharm thread (surprised you didn't find it since you've been here for a few years). pharm school deposits
If you accept and pay the deposit but end up not going to that school, you may just be giving free money.

I can't seem to find this information anywhere. If you apply to a school during regular decision and the school offers you an acceptance letter and you reply that you accept. I'm assuming the acceptance you confirm is not binding?

If you pay the deposit to secure your seat for a programs upcoming class, then that is the programs way of saying your seat has been reserved. This does not mean you have to attend the program (which makes early-decision different from regular admission).

I can continue to apply and interview to other schools for their regular decision deadline.

You can continue to apply and interview to as many programs as you want.

The only downside is that other schools may view whether you accepted an admissions offer already from another school. I'm also assuming you can hold onto as many acceptances until around early March regardless of CAG school participation or not.

Other schools have no way of knowing whether you currently are sitting on an acceptance at another program. And yes, so long as you decide to pay down the deposit to secure a seat you can hold onto as many acceptances as you wish.

Keep in mind, some programs require anywhere from $500 to $1000+ to hold a seat in their program. Should you end up not attending, consider that cost a donation to the school and nothing more.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm stepping out of my lurky waters to say I'm very surprised nobody has replied with the typical "reasons why you should not do pharmacy" message.

As for you question, the relevant pharm thread (surprised you didn't find it since you've been here for a few years). pharm school deposits
If you accept and pay the deposit but end up not going to that school, you may just be giving free money.

If you pay the deposit to secure your seat for a programs upcoming class, then that is the programs way of saying your seat has been reserved. This does not mean you have to attend the program (which makes early-decision different from regular admission).

You can continue to apply and interview to as many programs as you want.

Other schools have no way of knowing whether you currently are sitting on an acceptance at another program. And yes, so long as you decide to pay down the deposit to secure a seat you can hold onto as many acceptances as you wish.

Keep in mind, some programs require anywhere from $500 to $1000+ to hold a seat in their program. Should you end up not attending, consider that cost a donation to the school and nothing more.

Thank you both! The school that accepted me waived the deposit actually because of the pandemic. I'm applying to dual degree programs for a MBA but I'd rather keep my options open. I'll withdraw from pharmacy schools if the cost is not worth going to.

Reactions: 1 user

That’s what I was thinking, where’s the people telling everybody not to go to pharmacy school

No point in doing that when others have their ears plugged. Like COVID deniers, they will continue to think that saturation is a hoax, or that they themselves won't be affected by saturation since they're so much more hardworking, intelligent, charismatic, good looking etc. than their competitors.