2011-2012 Eastern Virginia Medical School Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sammich117

Full Member
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Briefly describe your exposure to medicine.
What do you think you will like best about being a physician?
What do you think you will like least about being a physician?
Describe yourself and your medical career as you see it ten years from now.
Please indicate your reasons for applying to EVMS

Best of luck with your application :luck::luck::luck:!
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know EV screens but I believe you can access the secondary here if any one wants to get a head start
http://www.evms.edu/md-admissions/supplemental-application.html

Anyone know the character limit on the prompts, listed below? You can fit as much as you like into the pdf form, but there must be some restriction based on what shows up when you print it right? I got about 750 to show up before the boxes started scrolling. Is it actually more or less?

Thanks!

Briefly describe your exposure to medicine.
What do you think you will like best about being a physician?
What do you think you will like least about being a physician?
Describe yourself and your medical career as you see it ten years from now.
Please indicate your reasons for applying to EVMS.
 
Does anyone know if EVMS averages multiple MCAT scores or if they take the highest or lastly most recent?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When was your primary approved? And did they contact you at all prior to receiving the secondary?

I was verified by AMCAS in early June. I received no contact from EVMS prior to today's e-mail. Like last year's rejection, it came from no earlier contact.
 
Got the secondary today OOS.

I had some issues with putting courses in since I had some lectures that included lab, some pre-reqs on the quarter system, etc, and you can't proceed with the application until all pre-reqs have information filled in

I called the admissions office and this is what they had to say:
-For quarter sequences, put the first two quarters of the sequence for semesters 1 and 2
-For one semester intensive laboratories, put the same course in for both semesters
-For lectures that include lab, put the same course in the space for the lecture and the lab

They said that they will verify you have completed all requirement on your AMCAS in addition to your secondary application.

Hope that helps anyone in the same boat as I am!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Got the secondary today OOS.

I had some issues with putting courses in since I had some lectures that included lab, some pre-reqs on the quarter system, etc, and you can't proceed with the application until all pre-reqs have information filled in

I called the admissions office and this is what they had to say:
-For quarter sequences, put the first two quarters of the sequence for semesters 1 and 2
-For one semester intensive laboratories, put the same course in for both semesters
-For lectures that include lab, put the same course in the space for the lecture and the lab

They said that they will verify you have completed all requirement on your AMCAS in addition to your secondary application.

Hope that helps anyone in the same boat as I am!

Thanks! Was just wondering about this as I am on a quarter system.
 
no secondary here either. anyone know how they screen? is it just a mcat/gpa cutoff?
 
no secondary here either. anyone know how they screen? is it just a mcat/gpa cutoff?

Just saw your MDapps prof..you got an invite to Pitt!? Amazing! At undergrad here and its seriously the best location/school/hospitals. Wouldn't even worry about EVMS if you have a chance here 🙂
 
I cannot proceed past the in-state portion of the application. This portion is to be completed ONLY by in-state students; however, without filling it out, the application will not proceed to the next page.

Please help.
 
Just saw your MDapps prof..you got an invite to Pitt!? Amazing! At undergrad here and its seriously the best location/school/hospitals. Wouldn't even worry about EVMS if you have a chance here 🙂

Thanks! I've never been to Pittsburgh, but I'm excited about visiting! Also got the EVMS secondary this morning 🙂
 
havent even gotten an acknowledgement email re: my primary app. Did everyone else get a primary email, or just a straight up: you passed the secondary screen?
 
got the secondary this morning 🙂
prompts are the same except now it is all electronic
 
if i sent in my application around june 21 for this school even though it was verified june 1st will i get looked at later? do they let us know if we are screened out? thanks.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Status
Not open for further replies.