2011-2012 Eastern Virginia Medical School Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We take exams on the laptops?

I think as long as it meets those machine specifications on the laptop requirement sheet then its a -okay.

My interview as wayyy back in November and when we toured the place, I think I heard it mentioned that our exams are taken on these computers. But since my interview was so long ago, I might have forgotten or heard something else...I just can't remember.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm going to venture a guess that those that are off the waitlist are in the top third? Probably no hope at all for the rest huh.

I'm going to venture a guess that those that are off the waitlist are in the top third? Probably no hope at all for the rest huh.

I'm not sure, I'm in the top third and still waiting. Good luck to you. I have heard that they pull from any thirds so, just keep your fingers cross :)

Members don't see this ad :)
just got a call and ACCEPTED!!!!!!

Last edited:
Not so true. I was placed on middle third and was still accepted.

Hey guys if you're still deciding where to go for school next year and you've come to a decision to withdraw from EVMS please do so quickly! I am sure everyone on the waitlist would like an opportunity to take it. Myself included! Thank you so much!

Hey guys if you're still deciding where to go for school next year and you've come to a decision to withdraw from EVMS please do so quickly! I am sure everyone on the waitlist would like an opportunity to take it. Myself included! Thank you so much!

+1 thanks

Withdrew my acceptance. AWESOME, AWESOME school but decided to stay closer to home. Hope an SDNer gets it!

Got acceptance packet in the mail on my bday. Definitely going to EVMS!!! Anybody need a roommate?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone heard about any OOS waitlist movement lately?

Accepted today - received email a few days ago asking if I was still interested - received mailing today - OOS

I'm looking for a female roommate for a 2-bd 1-bth at the Hague Club Apts. If anyone is interested, just PM me!

-edit-
No longer looking for a roommate. Thanks!

Last edited:
I got a call for a spot earlier today. I was told that there was 1 spot left - and I unfortunately had to decline as I will be studying north of the border. Good luck to the last member of the class of 2016.

I got a call for a spot earlier today. I was told that there was 1 spot left - and I unfortunately had to decline as I will be studying north of the border. Good luck to the last member of the class of 2016.

Hopefully that's me :)

Did anyone get accepted with <3.4 sGPA? Someone in the 2012-2013 said they got rejected immediately after submitting the secondary and EVMS told him they look for >3.4sGPA in all applicants, >28MCAT IS, and >30 OOS. I have a 3.14/33 (OOS) and am wondering if I should even bother submitting.

I was accepted with <3.0 sGPA. But I also did an SMP and did very well on the MCAT. The first time I applied (pre-SMP and with average MCAT), I was screened out pre-secondary.

Did anyone get accepted with <3.4 sGPA? Someone in the 2012-2013 said they got rejected immediately after submitting the secondary and EVMS told him they look for >3.4sGPA in all applicants, >28MCAT IS, and >30 OOS. I have a 3.14/33 (OOS) and am wondering if I should even bother submitting.

I'd still apply. I saw the post about what the adcom told that person but I don't think they make cuts like that. I think it was just the fact that both his GPA and MCAT were in that range.. for you, your higher MCAT will help outweigh your GPA a bit.

I got a voicemail from EVMS today telling me to call them back, and now can't call back till Monday. I'm going nuts!

Can anyone tell me what kind of student clubs EVMS offers? I'd be especially interested in one revolving around (fictional, I'm sure) case studies.

Hi Everybody,

I posted awhile back to help students with decisions and to clear up rumors and misconceptions. I am here again (yay M4 year!) and I should have more time to answer your questions in details. Congrats to those who got accepted and welcome to EVMS! You will have a great time here and I am jealous of all of you who are coming during this time. We have just completely remodeled and updated our campus and buildings. We have a new dean who is nationally renowned for taking schools to the next level and we have upgraded to state school status and are getting a huge amount of money each year because of our President. Where I started as a student will be a very different place as you go through. And of course, that is a good thing =).

I saw there were some concerns about cutoffs and such. We look at the entire application when we choose applicants to interview and accept. Although we -prefer- people with higher stats, stats are not the only things that we look at. I would not exclude EVMS just because you dont' "fit" the exact numbers that are listed above. You will be surprised =)

Hope that helps and I look forward to helping each one of you. see you on campus in August!

Congrats! Could you share some stats? Hoping the IS list gets some movement soon!

Just wanted to let people know that I'm going to be withdrawing from EVMS soon. So there'll be a spot opening up.

Please tell me you are oos :)

edit: found out you are oos and male. hopefully they pick me :)

Last edited:
Can any current students comment on laptops? Will a Mac be compatible with EVMS software, including ExamSoft (if that's what they still use for tests)? Or should I be looking more seriously at PC's?

Going to withdraw my acceptance :(. Hope it's good news for one of you!

I just found out I got in!!! Anyone have any advise on where to look for a place to live? Anyone need a roommate? Message me if you do!

Status
Not open for further replies.