-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2011-2012 Eastern Virginia Medical School Application Thread
Started by Sammich117
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
I'm working on them right now, and I was just thinking the same thing! I wonder how much they actually want us to write for each one?
Yeah, this one was a whale! Took me all day and part of today to complete it.
Monday afternoon and still no secondary. Starting to worry at this point.
Try not to fret too much; I haven't gotten mine yet either. It seems from these threads that you and I get our secondaries a little later than others; I don't know if it's our stats or position in the alphabet, or what.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Try not to fret too much; I haven't gotten mine yet either. It seems from these threads that you and I get our secondaries a little later than others; I don't know if it's our stats or position in the alphabet, or what.
Yea it was just this one and UIC for me. All other secondaries have come on time, so I am guessing it is just coincidence. All we can do is wait 🙂.
When they say "Passport Photo", do you think they actually require a white background, neutral expression, etc??
I'm working on them right now, and I was just thinking the same thing! I wonder how much they actually want us to write for each one?
maximum allowed number of characters is 2000. if you write more than that, a message pops up
Rejection Email Received 🙁
rejected too. sometimes i wonder if any of this effort is ever goign to work out for me. this process has only just begun and i already feel like i'm being bullied.
I'm having issues with them receiving my primary application from AMCAS. It looks like it is going to delay my app a bit :\ .
Sorry to hear that 🙁.
Rejection Email Received 🙁
Sorry to hear that 🙁.
I'm having issues with them receiving my primary application from AMCAS. It looks like it is going to delay my app a bit :\ .
How did you find this out? Did you email/call?
How did you find this out? Did you email/call?
I had to call. They said they never got it, AMCAS said they sent it when they sent everyone else's. I'm just happy I caught it this early. Imagine if I didn't use SDN- I would've been delayed way longer.
I had to call. They said they never got it, AMCAS said they sent it when they sent everyone else's. I'm just happy I caught it this early. Imagine if I didn't use SDN- I would've been delayed way longer.
Hmm..but I wasn't verified until 6/28 so probably still too early for me to call and check..
rejected too. sometimes i wonder if any of this effort is ever goign to work out for me. this process has only just begun and i already feel like i'm being bullied.
Same. I haven't even taken the mcat yet, so I assumed they would just put me on hold like all the other schools.
Hmm..but I wasn't verified until 6/28 so probably still too early for me to call and check..
Yes, probably. I was verified 6/2, so I was a bit worried. FYI: they get applications every Tuesday via a hard copy sent through the mail.
i found it very interesting that wake and vcu would screen me in but not evms. is evms a very virginia friendly school?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i found it very interesting that wake and vcu would screen me in but not evms. is evms a very virginia friendly school?
Wake screened me out, but got the EVMS secondary yesterday. I wasn't aware VCU screened.
EVM screens out OOS applicants with below 30 MCAT.
EVM screens out OOS applicants with below 30 MCAT.
Are you sure that this is the only criteria?
Are you sure that this is the only criteria?
not sure if this is the only criteria but below 30 mcat is one for sure.
EVM screens out OOS applicants with below 30 MCAT.
Not True. I got the secondary. 29er representing 😎
Good luck to all who are still waiting on a secondary!
Yes, probably. I was verified 6/2, so I was a bit worried. FYI: they get applications every Tuesday via a hard copy sent through the mail.
My god man. How does one get verified so early. Your sense of urgency is unmatched.
My god man. How does one get verified so early. Your sense of urgency is unmatched.
Haha- check out the verification thread- some people were verified within hours! I submitted on 6/1 around 1.5 hours after the system opened up for submission. I wouldn't say that I have a sense of urgency; more so, I am determined to get everything in early to maximize my chances.
How much is the fee for EVMS?
I had to call. They said they never got it, AMCAS said they sent it when they sent everyone else's. I'm just happy I caught it this early. Imagine if I didn't use SDN- I would've been delayed way longer.
Ugh, you have me worried now. I was verified on 6/1 at 11:30 am, and still no secondary... I've already tried emailing their admissions office with an unrelated question, with no response, so I guess I'll have to try calling, though I'm willing to bet they're only open during the hours I'm at work. Sighhhhh
Ugh, you have me worried now. I was verified on 6/1 at 11:30 am, and still no secondary... I've already tried emailing their admissions office with an unrelated question, with no response, so I guess I'll have to try calling, though I'm willing to bet they're only open during the hours I'm at work. Sighhhhh
they haven't received mine either, I was verified 6/3
I think it is clear that there was an issue with AMCAS getting the primaries to them. It's definitely a shame. Hopefully it gets resolved soon.
I called and left a message. I tried calling over the course of an hour or so, and kept getting "all circuits are busy" ...SDNERS FLOODIN THE PHONEZZZ?!!?
I called and left a message. I tried calling over the course of an hour or so, and kept getting "all circuits are busy" ...SDNERS FLOODIN THE PHONEZZZ?!!?
I created a monster 🙁. I didn't mean to!
I created a monster 🙁. I didn't mean to!
Haha, I only got through once, either Verizon or EVMS had too many calls. I'm no monster! But you probably did create 320582308 small SDN freak-outs like mine 😛 But it's a good thing to find this stuff out early!
Haha, I only got through once, either Verizon or EVMS had too many calls. I'm no monster! But you probably did create 320582308 small SDN freak-outs like mine 😛 But it's a good thing to find this stuff out early!
That it is. All we can do is stay on top of things. Everything else is out of our control.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
IS. Rejection email received today. MCAT 29
sorry to hear that. was this pre-secondary?
Not True. I got the secondary. 29er representing 😎
Good luck to all who are still waiting on a secondary!
wait what is your ethnicity? I personally called them and they said 30 below are rejected.
wait what is your ethnicity? I personally called them and they said 30 below are rejected.
I am white... 😕
Idk if it matters but my GPA is above their 90th percentile, maybe they consider both.
Last edited:
for filling in the pre-reqs, if the lab/lecture is one class, are you just listing it twice?
Read the thread, broseph.
From the first page:
Got the secondary today OOS.
I had some issues with putting courses in since I had some lectures that included lab, some pre-reqs on the quarter system, etc, and you can't proceed with the application until all pre-reqs have information filled in
I called the admissions office and this is what they had to say:
-For quarter sequences, put the first two quarters of the sequence for semesters 1 and 2
-For one semester intensive laboratories, put the same course in for both semesters
-For lectures that include lab, put the same course in the space for the lecture and the lab
They said that they will verify you have completed all requirement on your AMCAS in addition to your secondary application.
Hope that helps anyone in the same boat as I am!
Read the thread, broseph.
From the first page:
my bad, thanks
I got a secondary too, also a 29 on MCAT, OOS
Not True. I got the secondary. 29er representing 😎
Good luck to all who are still waiting on a secondary!
+1 Representing
I cannot proceed past the in-state portion of the application. This portion is to be completed ONLY by in-state students; however, without filling it out, the application will not proceed to the next page.
Please help.
solved?
Would have been nice to know there was a character limit BEFORE trying to submit my long essays. 😡
How much is the fee for EVMS?
from msar, $100
Would have been nice to know there was a character limit BEFORE trying to submit my long essays. 😡
soo.... what exactly is the character limit? Or is there one at all? I didn't seem completely clear from earlier posts. thanks for the help
how is everyone missing this??? my post above clearly says there is a 2000 character limit
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
how is everyone missing this??? my post above clearly says there is a 2000 character limit
Well, in the thread the numbers 750, 500, 2000 and 2500 have all been floating around. So I wanted to get a concrete answer.
Thanks for the help
has anyone's status page changed recently?
The complete email that I received said they'd email me after the committee reviews my app...
For those of you that were rejected, what were your stats? And why do you think it was? I have a slightly less than average GPA, and haven't taken the MCAT yet :/ I am hoping that I do well enough to at least avoid getting pre-screened out.
Also, since I haven't taken the MCAT yet, my primary app probably wont get looked at until the scores are recieved, is that correct? How long after your MCAT did it take to recieve your scores?
Also, since I haven't taken the MCAT yet, my primary app probably wont get looked at until the scores are recieved, is that correct? How long after your MCAT did it take to recieve your scores?
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K