What is your fall schedule looking like?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ellipsis1104

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anybody picked out their fall classes yet? I'm playing with this schedule, right now:

Chem II (w/ lab)
Phys I (w/ lab)
Phys I problems class (mostly a study course that complements the Phys I lecture)
Rsch Methods in Psych (w/lab)
Honors immersion course about latin american healthcare (w/ trip to Panama :soexcited:)
Honors "major works/major issues" course (~haven't chosen subject yet)

I'm a rising junior with 4 semesters left. As far as subject matter goes, this will be my easiest term from here on out, BUT it adds up to 21 credits. I'm a little nervous about that; my max credit hour to date has been 17. How much are you all planning to take on this year?

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats on your trip to Panama. Wow, 21 credit hours. I was nervous taking 14. Interesting that you have a lab with Psych Research Methods, although maybe they've added that since I went to school. This is the beginning of my post-bacc plan (BS in Psych) and I haven't been in school in 10 years!

I just registered for my fall classes yesterday. I don't have to work this semester so I'm trying to take advantage

Chem I (w/ lab)
Chem I Concept Development
PreCalculus
Microbiology & Public Health
Intro to Human Physiology

Chem I (w/ lab)
Bio I (w/ lab)
Pre-Calc (retake for AACOMAS)

..for 14 hours while working full-time.

First time taking classes since I graduated in 2007.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sociology
Undergraduate Research
Physics II
Genetics

All with their labs.

Physics I with lab.
Organic I with lab.
Biology I with lab.
Whatever research I can find.

Should be interesting.

Physics I
Chem II
Cell Bio
Health Economics
Physics I Lab

16 credits not too bad.

Bio 1
Gen chem 1
Physics 1
=13 credits

Shout out to any fellow UVM post bac's!

Good luck everyone! It's gonna be a busy semester :)

Last edited by a moderator:
organic I with lab
Genetics no lab
possibly internships or coops ill look for while still volunteering

I'm jealous of all of you taking your actual premed classes..

As for me..

Math 148 - College Algebra
Anth 202 - Intro to Cultural Anthropology
Hosp 153 - Nutrition for a healthy lifestyle

I might end up taking a 1 credit hour module "Math 147, Trigonometry Module", not sure if it's redundant with 148 though.

I'll actually enjoy nutrition, I've become somewhat of a health nut over the last year (20 pounds down, yay), and I love math.. Really the only bummer class is the Anthropology class, it was either that or a foreign language class..

lots of reading (recreational)
possibly hiking the long trail in vt (25-30 days)
working at a level1 trauma center as an emt

i cant complain

Panama sounds awesome! And 21 credits will certainly keep you busy!!!

I'm taking:

Biochemistry w/ lab
Vaccinology
Applied Calculus
Cell Biology

Also doing organic chemistry research, hospital volunteering, and working part time as a nursing aide

I'm expecting this to be one of my easier semesters since it only includes one lab. For the past 4 semesters I have had 2 or 3 each time. PLUS, I graduate in December!!! Wahoooo :)

Man, I feel like a dummy.

College Algebra
Bio II + lab

uhhh...yea that's it.

lots of reading (recreational)
possibly hiking the long trail in vt (25-30 days)
working at a level1 trauma center as an emt

i cant complain

nice. wanna trade? :nod:

I'm hoping the 21 credit semester doesn't become my big UG regret. I have each of these last four semesters planned out, and this fall seemed like the best one to load up on. I was going to take the second honors course next spring, but I got scared looking at the requirements for the Orgo I class I'm taking then. With lab, it meets 7 times in one week! :eek: WTH?

Members don't see this ad :)
Panama sounds awesome! And 21 credits will certainly keep you busy!!!

I'm taking:

Biochemistry w/ lab
Vaccinology
Applied Calculus
Cell Biology

Also doing organic chemistry research, hospital volunteering, and working part time as a nursing aide

I'm expecting this to be one of my easier semesters since it only includes one lab. For the past 4 semesters I have had 2 or 3 each time. PLUS, I graduate in December!!! Wahoooo :)

Hey, congrats :thumbup: I wish I could say that.

So, how bad was it to take so many labs at once? That is the one thing I'm feeling nervous about.

18 Credit Hours:

Cell Biology
General Entomology w/lab
General Organic Chemistry I w/lab & recitation
Undergraduate Research
General Physics 2 w/lab & recitation

Last edited:
Class for me will be from 0730-1030 M through F

O Chem 1
Weather Analysis and Satellite Meteorolgy (Major requirement)
Microeconomics
Beginning Cajun French (My school requires 2 full years of a foreign language-make it an easy one)

13 hours, while working 1730 to 0530

OChem II Lec and Lab only. This is my lightest semsester ever.
But I work full-time in Engineering, have 2 kids and its my application year !

Anybody picked out their fall classes yet? I'm playing with this schedule, right now:

Chem II (w/ lab)
Phys I (w/ lab)
Phys I problems class (mostly a study course that complements the Phys I lecture)
Rsch Methods in Psych (w/lab)
Honors immersion course about latin american healthcare (w/ trip to Panama :soexcited:)
Honors "major works/major issues" course (~haven't chosen subject yet)

I'm a rising junior with 4 semesters left. As far as subject matter goes, this will be my easiest term from here on out, BUT it adds up to 21 credits. I'm a little nervous about that; my max credit hour to date has been 17. How much are you all planning to take on this year?

Panama is awesome, and I am actually really impressed with their healthcare system (I lived there for three years and was intimately involved with their Ministry of Health). You're gonna have an awesome time!

My schedule for the fall:

Chem I w/ lab
Physics I w/ lab

Starting Northwestern's post-bacc program! Woo!

General Chemistry I w/ lab. This is the last of my "Look Adcoms I Can So Do Science!" retakes from my, uh, illustrious undergraduate science career.

General Biology I w/ lab. This I've never taken before. It'll be interesting to see what happens.

Finally, potentially, stats for psych majors. I have stats for business majors, but it was long enough ago that I wouldn't mind updating, and more As will only help my poor sad little GPA. Still deciding on that one, though.

So, that's either eight or eleven credits. Plus full-time++ work and twelve hours a week at the firehouse. Whee! I hope my company doesn't decide to ship me across the state line for my next contract; that's gonna put a major crimp in my style...

Phys I w/Lab
Pre-calc (tested into Calc, but honestly, it's been way too damn long since I did any math!)
Macroeconomics (trying on a Business major for size)

Puts me at 13 CR. Add in full time work and ~10 hrs a week volunteering between hospital and homeless shelter and I'm calling it good.

Taking the plunge. Organic I with lab. Also thinking about taking an English comp class. This would put me at 8 credits, but I've got work ft, plus shadowing and my aquatic OT/PT volunteering slot, and marathon training. Going to be a fun quarter!

Taking the plunge. Organic I with lab. Also thinking about taking an English comp class. This would put me at 8 credits, but I've got work ft, plus shadowing and my aquatic OT/PT volunteering slot, and marathon training. Going to be a fun quarter!

that sounds fun!

So excited for the fall semester to start - I get to begin taking my pre-reqs! Technically I guess I started by taking calculus this summer, but fall marks my first round of science courses.

My schedule:

Bio I + Lab
Chem I + Lab
Paramedic (final semester)

16cr total...although actual time will be considerably higher when factoring in actual time in lab + paramedic clinicals. With work and volunteering I know I'll be stretched thin, but overall it's similar to what I'm doing this summer, so I know I can survive it :)

I feel like such an underachiever, I'm only taking 2 classes :laugh:

Bio 2 with lab
Physics 1 with lab

Though I am also working full-time, volunteering at the hospital and teaching GED math to adults. Extra time will be spent doing MCAT content review in Chemistry. I took it over the summer last year and got B's. I did fine in Orgo, but felt that due to the fast pace of the class, I may have missed out on some key foundation stuff. So, trying to solidify that before offical MCAT studying begins.

13 credits, (working full time on the side :scared:)

Bio 101
With Lab 5
Physics 101 4
Lab 1
English 201 3

NEXT semester, when work slows, I'll be in for 15
Chem 201 5
Bio 201 5
Physics 201 5

Shake me when it's over.

Don't feel bad - 2 hard sciences with lab is a mouthful indeed. 10 credits working full time might be a harder load than 18, without working.

I feel like such an underachiever, I'm only taking 2 classes :laugh:

Bio 2 with lab
Physics 1 with lab

Though I am also working full-time, volunteering at the hospital and teaching GED math to adults. Extra time will be spent doing MCAT content review in Chemistry. I took it over the summer last year and got B's. I did fine in Orgo, but felt that due to the fast pace of the class, I may have missed out on some key foundation stuff. So, trying to solidify that before offical MCAT studying begins.

Chem I
Anatomy/L
Physiology/L
Bio II/L

working part time and volunteering

Guess it's time to stop being a lurker. Hello everyone. I'm coming off Gen Chem 1 and 2 this summer. Fall schedule is as follows:

O Chem with lab and recitation
Physics with lab
Bio 2 with lab
Stats
15 Credits total.
In addition, I stay home and help take care of my 5 boys while my wife brings home the bacon. I like to consider myself a "trophy husband". :D

Guess it's time to stop being a lurker. Hello everyone. I'm coming off Gen Chem 1 and 2 this summer. Fall schedule is as follows:

O Chem with lab and recitation
Physics with lab
Bio 2 with lab
Stats
15 Credits total.
In addition, I stay home and help take care of my 5 boys while my wife brings home the bacon. I like to consider myself a "trophy husband". :D

:thumbup: love it!
Welcome, Sho :)

Thanks Ellipsis! Best of luck to you and your crazy upcoming schedule. I am taking Psych Research Methods the following semester, so let me know how it goes!

Fall
Bio I, OChem I, Psych

Spring
Bio II, OChem II, Calc II:love:

Fall:
Biochem (5 credits)
Toxicology (2 credits)
Abnormal Psych (3 credits)
Business Law (3 Credits)
Physiology Teaching Assistant (3 credits)
Anatomy Teaching Assistant (1 credit)
Random Business Class (3 credits) <- trying to decide which one
Internship and/or Independent Study (3 credits)

I am expecting next semester to be around 23 credits...

Spring:
Random Business classes (6 credits)
Microbio (4 credits)
Physiology Teaching Assistant (3 credits)
Anatomy Teaching Assistant (1 credit)
Cell Bio Teaching Assistant (1-2 credits) <- maybe, did it last year and the class can get really boring.
Immunology (4 credits)
and anything else that interests me... thinking about neuroscience and/or pathology

I also work two jobs (part-time), volunteer as an EMT, and serve as treasurer for a pre-health club.

13 credits, (working full time on the side :scared:)

Bio 101
With Lab 5
Physics 101 4
Lab 1
English 201 3

NEXT semester, when work slows, I'll be in for 15
Chem 201 5
Bio 201 5
Physics 201 5

Shake me when it's over.

I think in a previous thread you mentioned you live in buffalo, are you attending UB? Just curious b/c if you are I may be one of your undergraduate teaching assistants for Cell Bio. :D

Last edited:
I'm jealous of all of you taking your actual premed classes..

As for me..

Math 148 - College Algebra
Anth 202 - Intro to Cultural Anthropology
Hosp 153 - Nutrition for a healthy lifestyle

I might end up taking a 1 credit hour module "Math 147, Trigonometry Module", not sure if it's redundant with 148 though.

I'll actually enjoy nutrition, I've become somewhat of a health nut over the last year (20 pounds down, yay), and I love math.. Really the only bummer class is the Anthropology class, it was either that or a foreign language class..

Don't be, everything I'm taking is qualified by the word "introduction"! It's my first year studying anything remotely pertaining to science in 10 years! No more hermeneutics or New Testament Greek for me! Now it's intro to molecular and developmental biology, linguistics, intro to chemistry, and sixth year Spanish! Can't wait to get into the real stuff!

Thanks Ellipsis! Best of luck to you and your crazy upcoming schedule. I am taking Psych Research Methods the following semester, so let me know how it goes!

will do! :)

I am expecting next semester to be around 23 credits...

I also work two jobs (part-time), volunteer as an EMT, and serve as treasurer for a pre-health club.

:eek: masochist. (jk :laugh:)

Don't be, everything I'm taking is qualified by the word "introduction"! It's my first year studying anything remotely pertaining to science in 10 years! No more hermeneutics or New Testament Greek for me! Now it's intro to molecular and developmental biology, linguistics, intro to chemistry, and sixth year Spanish! Can't wait to get into the real stuff!

Sixth year Spanish?!? That's awesome. I so wanted to go further in Spanish, but only had time to get through second year. I'm trying to keep what I have, and improve on my own. I do plan to take a medical Spanish course during one of the med school years (not sure which would be least-worse :rolleyes:)

Chem IB (Gen Chem 1 is split over two sem at my university)
Bio II w/ L
Trig

haven't decided on the last class. Registered for Med. Terminology but might drop for another science. All together 13 hrs.

Mostly finishing the last of the requirements for my AA this Fall so I can transfer...

Bio 2 w/ Lab
American History
Humanities 1020
Speech
Personal Effectiveness
Jazz and American Music

Hey, congrats :thumbup: I wish I could say that.

So, how bad was it to take so many labs at once? That is the one thing I'm feeling nervous about.

Honestly, not bad at all. Labs in undergrad are sort of like a rite of passage. They are usually not too difficult, at least at my school.

My fall:

Physics I
Physics I Lab
Inorganic Chemistry I

& I was asked to continue helping my professor with research (what I have been doing this summer), so excited to continue with that because I <3 genetics! :oops:

Bio II w/lab
Chem II w/lab
Org II w/lab

quitting my job to attend school fulltime...SCARY:scared:

Orgo 2 with lab
Cell biology
Genetics
Human Physiology

13 credits, plus research (about 30 hrs a week) and as much shadowing as I can manage...

pre-reqs finished

Biochem 1
Micro
Pathophysio
American Lit

Bio II w/lab
Chem II w/lab
Org II w/lab

quitting my job to attend school fulltime...SCARY:scared:

Good luck with this...

My schedule:

Fall:

Org Chem I w/lab
Calc based physics I w/lab
Anal chem
Calc II

I'm in the biochem program. Yeah, I know... it's hard to keep a good GPA, etc., etc., yadda yadda yadda, it wouldn't be worth doing if it was easy!

Bio II w/lab
A&P I
Spanish III
Intro to Nutrition...maybe

I cant wait for school to start. After next semester it's time to apply :eek:

EDIT: Just got off the waitlist for biochem! Pretty stoked! No lame bio II for me...at least this semester.

Last edited:
Nothing but electives for me...

Biochemistry/Lab
Microbial Pathogenesis
Modern Physics
Survey of Rational Drug Design

13 credits / 1 lab. Shouldn't be too bad.

Nothing but electives for me...

Biochemistry/Lab
Microbial Pathogenesis
Modern Physics

Survey of Rational Drug Design

13 credits / 1 lab. Shouldn't be too bad.

Lol. Doesn't really scream elective :rolleyes:, but they sound interesting ~especially that last one, though I'm not sure what it is.

Last edited:
Physical Chemistry I
Advanced Analytical Chemistry w/ Lab
Honors Thesis
Some liberal arts online class
Bio TA - getting credit for speech requirement
and I'm sitting in on an advanced organic rxns grad class my thesis director is teaching this semester.

Seems like I won't do much textbook reading (hopefully)

It should be an "okay" semester... compared to the previous ones lol

Last edited:
I am officially transferred into a University and have a fancy new pre-med adviser and everything, who seems to believe that he can whip me into a competitive candidate in three years. Currently I'm a 2.0ish student with 86 or so credits and an AA, so I was pretty jazzed to have him agree to take me on. :-D I can't WAIT to start this semester!

Gen Chem 1 with Lab
Calculus with Discussion (?)
Physical Anthro with Lab

and I'm taking my EMT-I (lecture and lab) at night at the community college. That'll be fun.... I have to change in and out of my EMS uniform and drive across town twice on Mondays. Whee! I'll be trying to do a work study job as well as fitting in EMS clinicals along with these 19 credits. Still outrageously excited. Feels like all this work I've been putting in to fix all the stuff I ruined in the past is finally starting to pay off.

Also, can anybody tell me what this discussion section I had to sign up for along with my calculus class is? I've never seen that before. What on earth do you discuss that you wouldn't during the normal lecture?

Also, can anybody tell me what this discussion section I had to sign up for along with my calculus class is? I've never seen that before. What on earth do you discuss that you wouldn't during the normal lecture?

Discussion is an artifact of large class sizes. The idea is that, rather than asking questions that may or may not be relevant in a lecture hall of a hundred students, you have small-group discussions with someone qualified (generally a TA), who can more effectively help you.

Personally, I usually skip actually attending unless it's mandatory. Check your syllabus to see whether or not it is.