pearson practice PCAT vs. actual PCAT scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futurpharmacis

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can you post your Pearson PCAT sores (including subtest percentiles) and your scores you got from taking the real PCAT?

Members don't see this ad.

I did a bit worse on the real test. First practice test was somewhat hard, I got a 80-99% on the second, and on the 3rd...I never got around to that one :D

Verbal - 92
Bio - 54
Reading Comprehension - 77
Quantitative - 85
Chemistry - 48
Composite - 79

I did a bit worse on the real test. First practice test was somewhat hard, I got a 80-99% on the second, and on the 3rd...I never got around to that one :D

Verbal - 92
Bio - 54
Reading Comprehension - 77
Quantitative - 85
Chemistry - 48
Composite - 79

Your scores on the actual test are not bad. What did you get on the first test. I thought that one was easier.

Actual Test: July 27
Verbal: 437 / 92
Biology: 430 / 88
RC: 416 / 71
Quant: 443 / 94
Chemistry: 449 / 95
Writing: 3.0 / 3.0
Composite: 435 / 94

Pearson Test 1: July 18
Verbal: 79-99
Biology: 75-95
Chemistry: 53-73
RC: 40-60 (highly distracted)
Quant: 78-98
Composite: 76-96

Pearson Test 3: July 23
Verbal: 80-99
Biology: 61-81
Chemistry: 75-95
RC: 80-99
Quant: 80-99
Composite: 80-99

Pearson Test 2: July 26
Verbal: 86-96
Biology: 80-99
Chemistry: 62-82
RC: 80-99
Quant: 75-95
Composite: 80-99

Looks like I scored a little higher than practice tests would have indicated for Chemistry, and a little lower on RC, but pretty much spot on otherwise. There was one question directly from a practice test on my version of the PCAT. :laugh:

I felt that the range of material tested by the practice tests didn't overlap too much unless it was particularly heavily represented on the PCAT itself. I wouldn't say one practice test or the other was "harder."

Members don't see this ad :)
I took this exam on the Saturday before my exam:

Pearson Prac Test 1 from 2008:
Verbal 58-78
Biology 72-92
Chemistry 80-99
Reading Comp 63-83
Quantitative Ability 55-75
Composite: 73-93

Actual PCAT scores:
Verbal 77
Biology 94
Chemistry 96
Reading Comp 47
Quantitative Ability 77
Composite: 88

Hope that helps!

Your scores on the actual test are not bad. What did you get on the first test. I thought that one was easier.

60-80 on the first one. I used the two tests to study, so I hadn't really studied until after the 1st test. I got back from the beach a couple days before the test so I didn't really study much. Pearson practice tests on the beach ftl

ummm how do you score a pearson practice exam? :oops:

I have 3 practice exams and only one of them have a rc section....

Last edited:
ummm how do you score a pearson practice exam? :oops:

I have 3 practice exams and only one of them have a rc section....

After you have answered the questions, you should be directed to the review page. Then, click on the top where you can get your diagnostic scores. The website will give a diagnostic report. It should show your percentile range.

After you have answered the questions, you should be directed to the review page. Then, click on the top where you can get your diagnostic scores. The website will give a diagnostic report. It should show your percentile range.

Oh you guys did it online. I bought mines from a user here.

Ok, I just completed all the Pearson practice tests. The first two were much better than the third. I did them out of order. My scores are somewhat inconsistent. Tell me what you think guys. I might need a 90 of higher to get into my first pharmacy school of choice. I am writing my next PCAT on Sept. 28. What areas should I improve?

Pearson Prac 3: Aug. 16
VA 5-25:eek:
bio 80-99
chem 75-95
RC 4-23:eek:
QA 55-75
Comp 50-70

Pearson Prac test 2: Aug. 29
VA 62-82
bio 76-86
chem 80-99
RC 62-82
QA 80-99
Comp 79-98

Pearson Prac test 1: Sept. 8
VA 70-90
bio 76-96
chem 80-99
RC 33-53 :confused:
QA 52-72
Comp 79-98

Considering the fact that English is my second language, I have never taken AP English and I have not taken the SAT, meaning I had no experience in taking standardized tests prior to the PCAT, my RC scores are not sooo bad. Nevertheless, it is certainly my weak area. What should I do during the next couple of weeks?

Last edited:
future, were you distracted during any portion of the test? I found my performance on the practice plummeted when I played music, or even worse when my boyfriend was talking on the phone. (Through a whole RC section! OMG.)

future, were you distracted during any portion of the test? I found my performance on the practice plummeted when I played music, or even worse when my boyfriend was talking on the phone. (Through a whole RC section! OMG.)

May be I got distracted on the RC a little bit. My mind wonders when I was reading. I also felt that I made careless mistakes in QA and chem.

May be I got distracted on the RC a little bit. My mind wonders when I was reading. I also felt that I made careless mistakes in QA and chem.

Perhaps this is a skill you could work on for the next couple weeks - sitting down for an hour & doing practice RC / working QA & Chem problems. This might get your mind's stamina up some prior to the test & make you sharper.

The reason I asked about distraction is because it could explain the widely varying RC scores.

IMO I think the 3rd practice test was alot easier than the actual thing. Was definitely caught off guard today...

Can you post your Pearson PCAT sores (including subtest percentiles) and your scores you got from taking the real PCAT?

For the practice test I'm just estimating the percentile range; I can't seem to find the actual percentage range.

Practice test - 7/06/11
Verbal- 45-75%
Biology-78-98%
Chem-80-99%
Reading- 70-90%
QA- 45-63%

Actual test- 7/20/2011
Verbal- 97%
Biology-94%
Chem-77%
Reading- 76%
QA- 67%