Dick Vet 4 year vs 5 year

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

robert90

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just received my acceptance letter from Edinburgh yesterday and I've qualified for both the 4 year and 5 year programs and I've been given my choice. Aside from the 5 year program obviously taking longer and costing more overall(neither of which are concerns for me), I was wondering if anyone currently attending or a bit more knowledgeable on their programs could tell me some of the pros and cons of each.

In particular: Is the 5 year program significantly less stressful and lower workload? Is there any relevant information that is skipped over in the 4 year that could be detrimental?

Any other information would be greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

I can't help you with your questions but I was just wondering...did your acceptance letter come via snail mail or email??? And I'm assuming you have at least a bachelor's degree??

Just curious :) I'm hoping to hear from Edinburgh soon myself!!! :xf:

Congrats by the way!!

I got my acceptance and was asked the same question. I want to do the 4 year program. I can't pay 5 years of that tuition!

Members don't see this ad :)
I can't help you with your questions but I was just wondering...did your acceptance letter come via snail mail or email??? And I'm assuming you have at least a bachelor's degree??

Just curious :) I'm hoping to hear from Edinburgh soon myself!!! :xf:

Congrats by the way!!

Gina, I got my acceptance via email. I don't think they've made all their offers now (at least that's kinda how the lady made it sound.)

Gina, I got my acceptance via email. I don't think they've made all their offers now (at least that's kinda how the lady made it sound.)

Is that how they made it seem in the acceptance email? Or did you talk to them?

I read past thread and it seems as if they spread it out over a couple of days. Maybe alphabetical??? I am excited/nervous! :D :scared:

CONGRATS to everyone who has received one! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Now I'll be obsessively checking my email even more than I have been!! Congratulations!

Now I'll be obsessively checking my email even more than I have been!! Congratulations!

Same with me! And I have two exams in the next 48 hours ahhhh! I was hoping the stress of waiting for a response would be after my exams were done!

Last edited:
Congrats on the acceptances!! I am currently in the 4 year program at Dick Vet, and I really think it was the right choice for me. The main difference is that the 4 year (GEP) program condenses year 1 and 2 into one year that is slightly longer. This has its pros and cons.

Since every GEP student has a bachelors, masters or phd, it is expected that they can handle the faster pace, and some things, like cell biology review, are expected to be completed on your own. The 5years have actual lectures on cell bio and classes are taken at a slower pace. As a GEP we don't actually complete a full dissection of a dog, which was a con for me, but that actually might be changing next year - I would ask Victoria about it if it is a true concern for you.

If you are doing the 4 year program, you will join the students who graduate the same year as you (2016) in your 2nd year, their 3rd year, and your final 3 years of vet school will be no different regardless of which program you choose. I know this was a confusing concept for me before I got here, so feel free to PM me or ask here any questions.

In short, the differences in GEP and 5year only apply to year 1&2 of vet school - do you want to combine the two years into one or spread them out. All other years are exactly the same.

ETA: FWIW, I am a non-trad who has not been in full-time school for a while, and I am not extremely overwhelmed by the GEP. I find it completely do-able, but I haven't gotten my last exams back yet, so as of Wed, it might be a different story :p

Packen, thanks for the advice on the 4 or 5 year program. Ontarioprevet and Gina, don't worry and don't be obsessively checking your email over the next few days, ESPECIALLY with finals. I really wouldn't worry too much. I feel like a lot of people apply to the UK schools and so I HIGHLY doubt that Robert and I are the only people that got in!!!! They must just take their time doing it, and spread it over a few days just like you said.

Packen, how do you like living in Scottland? Do you think their 4 year program is pretty comparable to most US vet curricula? I've searched around the website and can't really find an answer, but is the veterinary school right in the city of Edinburgh or is the vet campus more removed?

From my understanding the vet campus has moved entirely outside of town to Easter Bush just Southwest of the city.

And Packen, do you feel like you get time to enjoy the city and the culture? Personally I feel like it would be a bit of a waste for me to go across the planet for vet school and not be able to take the time to enjoy the place outside of a classroom or studying.

I am a (former) GEP currently in my 2nd year (3rd year out of 5). It is so confusing haha. Anyways. The vet school is 6 miles from city center, which is a huge plus for me, because I have never lived in a city before and I have my large dog here and I live out of the city with a (small) fenced yard.

As far as the 4 year vs 5 year. I am in the 4 year program and my SO is in the 5 year, he just started this year. So far he likes it. During the first 2 years of the 5 year program there are 4 exams (not counting an animal handling and welfare exam). The first two exams are 1st year and the 3rd and 4th two are the 2nd year. They are called Animal Body exams (think cell bio, anatomy, physiology). You take all 4 in one year in the 4 year program. The main difference between the two different programs is the first exam material is taught over a much longer period because it involves all of cell bio, while we didn't learn it, and the other exams are just taught at a slightly longer period. And in the 5 year period they have some lab books and other things that factor into their grades, while we just the exams. So it really just depends on whether you need a taught* cell bio refresher and want to go at a slightly slower pace.
*I say taught because all of the cell bio material is made available to you.

But, with that said, they wouldn't have given you the option if they looked at your admissions file and thought you couldn't handle the 4 year program. But, if you really are having a hard time choosing between the two, I would contact admissions because all of the people who work at the school are extremely friendly and helpful.

Sorry if that made no sense at all. I've got finals brain :/. Which start tomorrow!

Hey! I'm so glad someone started this thread! I got my acceptance and i'm not sure which to choose! I'm curious if anyone knows how the 4 year program differs from US 4 year program. Also, do you who are in or have done the 4 year program feel that you had time to enjoy the city during the first year? I'd hate to go and not have time to explore and relax a bit. I mean lochs? Castles? YES!

There is so much variation between US school curriculums that I don't think it is possible to just compare Dick Vet's curriculum to US curriculums in general. The curriculum factors that influenced my decision were: clinical skills taught all 4 (or 5) years - you are working with live animals right away; no tracking; required research project (plus for me is the presence of Jeanne Marchig International Centre for Animal Welfare through which we can do our research project - I am interested in welfare); and lastly the large amount of animal handling and husbandry that is involved (although this is a requirement/part of curriculum at all UK schools). These are just the major things that were important to me and why I chose this school. I am sure it differs for everyone. Many of those factors also played a role in the schools I chose to apply to in the US as well.

The campus is removed from the city centre, from my flat, it takes about 40 min by bus to get there, but my classmates who drive say it only takes about 20 min or so.

As for how I like living here - I LOVE it. For me it is the perfect little city. Not too big, not too small and SOOOO charming!!

And I do feel I have the time to get to enjoy it, but I think that this is also a question that can differ from one person to the next. I am definitely not the type of student to spend every hour of my free time studying, I have made the time for sightseeing, traveling and going out. So far, this has not had any negative impact on my grades, but again - wont know how the last set of finals went until Wed!!:xf: I think every student needs some form of outlet though. If you just focus on school 24/7 you will burn out. From our class a few of us went to Madrid for a long weekend, some others went to Oslo, and quite a few have gone back and forth to London and Glasgow.

Hope this answers your questions!

FinelyMonkey - GOOD LUCK THIS WEEK!!!!!:luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks! That does answer a lot of my questions. Clinical skills for all 4 years and a research project both sound like really good opportunities to me.

I agree! Thank you so much! Do you think the 4 year program at Edinburgh is any more rigorous than the 4 year programs in the US (as far as amount you need to learn, and how quickly, etc)? Again, thank you so much for the help! :)

I am a (former) GEP currently in my 2nd year (3rd year out of 5). It is so confusing haha. Anyways. The vet school is 6 miles from city center, which is a huge plus for me, because I have never lived in a city before and I have my large dog here and I live out of the city with a (small) fenced yard.

As far as the 4 year vs 5 year. I am in the 4 year program and my SO is in the 5 year, he just started this year. So far he likes it. During the first 2 years of the 5 year program there are 4 exams (not counting an animal handling and welfare exam). The first two exams are 1st year and the 3rd and 4th two are the 2nd year. They are called Animal Body exams (think cell bio, anatomy, physiology). You take all 4 in one year in the 4 year program. The main difference between the two different programs is the first exam material is taught over a much longer period because it involves all of cell bio, while we didn't learn it, and the other exams are just taught at a slightly longer period. And in the 5 year period they have some lab books and other things that factor into their grades, while we just the exams. So it really just depends on whether you need a taught* cell bio refresher and want to go at a slightly slower pace.
*I say taught because all of the cell bio material is made available to you.

But, with that said, they wouldn't have given you the option if they looked at your admissions file and thought you couldn't handle the 4 year program. But, if you really are having a hard time choosing between the two, I would contact admissions because all of the people who work at the school are extremely friendly and helpful.

Sorry if that made no sense at all. I've got finals brain :/. Which start tomorrow!
Good luck on finals! :)

I talked to Victoria. My goodness she was so nice! She said that she is very busy still with applications so rest easy for those who were worried. There are many more to come. She said the 4 year program is comparable to a 4 year program in the US as far as how rigorous the pace would be.
Everything Packen said is still true. No dog dissections still and you are expected to teach yourself certain subjects like cell biology. If you are or were a science major, this should be an easy self review! Course loads are larger and the first year is about 5 weeks longer.
Also, she wanted to point out that she wouldn't give us the option of a 4 year program position if she didn't think we could do it. She is merely giving us the option to go at a slower place if we would prefer to go at a slower pace for the first 2 years. Hope this helps!

I talked to Victoria. My goodness she was so nice! She said that she is very busy still with applications so rest easy for those who were worried. There are many more to come. She said the 4 year program is comparable to a 4 year program in the US as far as how rigorous the pace would be.
Everything Packen said is still true. No dog dissections still and you are expected to teach yourself certain subjects like cell biology. If you are or were a science major, this should be an easy self review! Course loads are larger and the first year is about 5 weeks longer.
Also, she wanted to point out that she wouldn't give us the option of a 4 year program position if she didn't think we could do it. She is merely giving us the option to go at a slower place if we would prefer to go at a slower pace for the first 2 years. Hope this helps!

Thank you for letting us all know! Hopefully the rest of us will hear soon! :xf:

Also, she wanted to point out that she wouldn't give us the option of a 4 year program position if she didn't think we could do it.

:thumbup: this
(Not to say that the people in the 5 year program couldn't handle the 4 year, a lot could for sure, but the 4 year fills up and it is definitely still a good option)

The course load is very comparable to the states. But it just depends on the school really. Some schools go into clinics 3rd year, while we go into clinics final year. Which means the first half of 2nd year (or 3rd out of 5) is pharm, anesthesia, path, surgery, etc, then the 2nd half is dog/cat specifics, the next year is horse, large animal, exotics, then final year you are on clinics. Check the school website, they should have it broken down somewhere. And we also have loads of (mandatory-haha) hands on experience. Which means 4 weeks off for easter to travel/go to sheep farms and help with lambing. And I had plenty of time off to travel last year during my GEP year (London and Paris! :love: )... you just have to plan strategically! This year I haven't had time to do anything really, but it is also a ridiculous semester.

Has anyone heard from Edinburgh recently? Still waiting to hear from them and it's driving me crazy!

Hey there,

I was recently accepted to the 4 year GEP program at Edinburgh vet, and was wondering how much earlier I would need to be moving to Edinburgh to get my life organized before school starts?
I'm currently finishing up a one year masters so I need to find out how early I should be moving.
Any ideas?

Hey there,

I was recently accepted to the 4 year GEP program at Edinburgh vet, and was wondering how much earlier I would need to be moving to Edinburgh to get my life organized before school starts?
I'm currently finishing up a one year masters so I need to find out how early I should be moving.
Any ideas?

From my understanding you can't really go that early even if you wanted to. First of all your visa is only active from 1 month before you start classes so it can be problematic legally just to be over there before then. Also from my understanding you can only move into the temporary housing at the university a week or two before classes begin. You'll almost have rely on their housing when you first get over there because you have to have a bank account with a British bank and usually have to meet the landlord before you can get an apartment or something else. Although I suppose you could try to find a hotel, but that might be problematic given that you would be getting there during the festival.

I could be wrong though, this was just the impression I got from talking with a friend of a friend that is going there right now. Someone else might know more.

From my understanding you can't really go that early even if you wanted to. First of all your visa is only active from 1 month before you start classes so it can be problematic legally just to be over there before then. Also from my understanding you can only move into the temporary housing at the university a week or two before classes begin. You'll almost have rely on their housing when you first get over there because you have to have a bank account with a British bank and usually have to meet the landlord before you can get an apartment or something else. Although I suppose you could try to find a hotel, but that might be problematic given that you would be getting there during the festival.

I could be wrong though, this was just the impression I got from talking with a friend of a friend that is going there right now. Someone else might know more.
I did not know that! Thank you for telling us.
And no one should be worrying yet! The vast majority of acceptances will not be sent out until the 22nd. :)

I did not know that! Thank you for telling us.
And no one should be worrying yet! The vast majority of acceptances will not be sent out until the 22nd. :)

Did Victoria say this or is that from last few years??? :D

I haven't checked my email for the past three days, finals are the worst.

That's not quite the case....
You can't go over there until you get your visa, that part's true. You can apply for your visa up to 3 months before the start date of your program. You can always expedite the processing and have it back in less than a week or it can take anywhere from ~3wks-over a month for processing. It really varies. When mine was being processed they lost some of my paperwork, so I had to send that stuff again and wait longer.
I don't know what the deal is with Edinburgh and housing (I'm at RVC in London) but I know people who found apartments off campus and moved in before classes started, so without a british bank account. A handful of people in my program were here early and in all different ways managed to find permanent or temp housing (until they could move into the campus apartments)

The visa process really isn't that bad...it just seems daunting and complicated. Once you browse the website for a good hour you figure out where everything is an exactly what they're looking for.

Did Victoria say this or is that from last few years??? :D

I haven't checked my email for the past three days, finals are the worst.
Victoria said they'd get out all of the acceptances "by the holidays" meaning right before xmas. And the 22nd seems to be the day of acceptances if you look back on previous threads. I've talked to some current students and that was what they said to expect as well. Good luck on finals and relax. I look forward to hearing about your Edinburgh acceptance Howister, and everyone else for that matter! :)

That's not quite the case....
You can't go over there until you get your visa, that part's true. You can apply for your visa up to 3 months before the start date of your program. You can always expedite the processing and have it back in less than a week or it can take anywhere from ~3wks-over a month for processing. It really varies. When mine was being processed they lost some of my paperwork, so I had to send that stuff again and wait longer.
I don't know what the deal is with Edinburgh and housing (I'm at RVC in London) but I know people who found apartments off campus and moved in before classes started, so without a british bank account. A handful of people in my program were here early and in all different ways managed to find permanent or temp housing (until they could move into the campus apartments)

The visa process really isn't that bad...it just seems daunting and complicated. Once you browse the website for a good hour you figure out where everything is an exactly what they're looking for.
Thank you! That is encouraging! I really want to go early and scope the area before I start school. I would hate to try to figure out a new money system, transport system, geography, etc of a new country all while starting my 1st year of vet school. yikes!

I had the same agonizing decision when I got accepted to both 4th and 5th year but decided to do 4th year because of tuition. It's just too much money to not put on my big girl pants and put in the work to get through it.

Does anyone know how early you have to tell them for sure yes? I want to wait till my interview in February with Glasgow to make up my mind where I want to go. I'm glad if I decide to go overseas (which chances are I will) that I won't be alone in the anxiety boat of trying to find a place to live and getting visa and all that stuff.

I had the same agonizing decision when I got accepted to both 4th and 5th year but decided to do 4th year because of tuition. It's just too much money to not put on my big girl pants and put in the work to get through it.

Does anyone know how early you have to tell them for sure yes? I want to wait till my interview in February with Glasgow to make up my mind where I want to go. I'm glad if I decide to go overseas (which chances are I will) that I won't be alone in the anxiety boat of trying to find a place to live and getting visa and all that stuff.
I was wondering the same thing. This is what Victoria Doggett said regarding deposits and spot holding:
"The deposit is £1,500 and would be due not until May 1st next year to secure a place if you were successful with your application."
So you definitely have time to figure everything out. I'm curious, why are you interviewing for Glasgow if you don't want to do a 5 year program? I have an interview and I'm not sure if I should go through with it or not myself. It breaks my heart that they only have a 5 year program.
You are definitely not alone as far as the anxiety of getting everything to fall into place in a new country. Join the club! :D

There are four options as far as living here:
Dorms with meal plan
Student housing - apartment type housing shared with 4-5 other students at UofE, not necessarily vet students
Dorms with meal plan for first 5 weeks then on your own
Find your own flat/apartment from the start

In our class we have people that have done all four. If you book early enough (I did it around May I think) it is not hard to find a hotel for a week. I booked a hotel for one week before moving into the dorms for the first 5 weeks. Now I am in a private flat with two other GEP students. For graduate students I know that it is really hard living in the dorms because you are with almost all undergraduate students. My roomies flew into the UK two days before classes started, but they were also living in the dorms for the first 5 weeks.

Going through a private landlord is MUCH better than going through a rental agency because most of the time the don't care about credit checks, etc. www.gumtree.com is the UK equivalent to craigslist, and that is where we found our place. But that is probably getting too far ahead.

Packen,
A few quick questions.
Did you find your roommates once you were in Edinburgh or did you make some contacts through the February meet n greet or did you have use some other way?
When you were in the dorms for 5 weeks were the Vet students all together?
Do a lot of the vet students in private flats rent in the same area of the city?
Now that everything is out at Easter Bush are many of the students trying to rent further South?
Thanks in advance for your input.

Im in the 5 year program right now am 23 so I did get a degree before but decided to do the 5 yr instead of the 4 year just because it seemed like it would be less stressful etc.... so if anyone has questions about the 5 yr program feel free to ask, if you are worried about being the only older/american student in the 5 yr program dont worry there are lots of foreign students and all ranges of ages, experience etc....
for housing i found my flat mates of facebook off the vet facebook group and that turned out fine, quite a lot of people are staying in self catered though just because it is easier. I brought my dogs out so it was not an option for me
For all of you going into the 4 year program you will join my class 3rd year :) well hopefully if we all pass our exams- our first exams are not until february so far its just a few projects we have turned in

Packen,
A few quick questions.
Did you find your roommates once you were in Edinburgh or did you make some contacts through the February meet n greet or did you have use some other way?
Do a lot of the vet students in private flats rent in the same area of the city?
Now that everything is out at Easter Bush are many of the students trying to rent further South?
As of where to live, live in the city- it is much easier, i have friends who live in penicuk the town by easter bush and its hard for them to do anything because if they stay out past a certain time they have to take the night bus home etc.... so if you want to go out and enjoy being in edinburgh, aka clubs etc..., there are a lot of vet social events, it is much easier to do it in city center

I was wondering the same thing. This is what Victoria Doggett said regarding deposits and spot holding:
"The deposit is £1,500 and would be due not until May 1st next year to secure a place if you were successful with your application."
So you definitely have time to figure everything out. I'm curious, why are you interviewing for Glasgow if you don't want to do a 5 year program? I have an interview and I'm not sure if I should go through with it or not myself. It breaks my heart that they only have a 5 year program.
You are definitely not alone as far as the anxiety of getting everything to fall into place in a new country. Join the club! :D

Thanks for the info I was about to email her myself. I'm going mostly just to see my options. If I really felt Glasgow was a better fit for me I'd go there even if it is five years. Right now I think my top choice is Edinburgh tho I'm leaning towards RVC too. Bah. If you end up going to the interview and you are going to the one in New York let me know maybe we can meet :) Which is your top choice? Or have you decided on Edinburgh and four year?

I'm in the same position as you. Stuck between Edinburgh, RVC and Glasgow but Leaning towards Edinburgh the most. I'm unfortunately interviewing in CA so we won't be able to meet then. Good luck with your interview. I doubt you'll need it though, already being accepted by Edinburgh and all. :)
Be sure to check out the interview feedback section for Glasgow! Very helpful and encouraging as everyone reported the environment to be relaxed and friendly. Yay!

Im in the 5 year program right now am 23 so I did get a degree before but decided to do the 5 yr instead of the 4 year just because it seemed like it would be less stressful etc.... so if anyone has questions about the 5 yr program feel free to ask, if you are worried about being the only older/american student in the 5 yr program dont worry there are lots of foreign students and all ranges of ages, experience etc....
for housing i found my flat mates of facebook off the vet facebook group and that turned out fine, quite a lot of people are staying in self catered though just because it is easier. I brought my dogs out so it was not an option for me
For all of you going into the 4 year program you will join my class 3rd year :) well hopefully if we all pass our exams- our first exams are not until february so far its just a few projects we have turned in
How exciting Dogmad to think we could be classmates! How are you liking the program? Your classmates? Any regrets in choosing Edinburgh? Thank you so much for already helping us so much!

I'm in the same position as you. Stuck between Edinburgh, RVC and Glasgow but Leaning towards Edinburgh the most. I'm unfortunately interviewing in CA so we won't be able to meet then. Good luck with your interview. I doubt you'll need it though, already being accepted by Edinburgh and all. :)
Be sure to check out the interview feedback section for Glasgow! Very helpful and encouraging as everyone reported the environment to be relaxed and friendly. Yay!

Good luck with your interview! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. Maybe we'll both end up at Edinburgh. I think I may be going to the RVC dinner in January in New York. I'll post whatever I find out from them.

School is amazing, no regrets at all coming, most people do seem to love it. Work so far for me is not hard, we have turned in some lab projects etc.. We finally started to get into some interesting classes, do dissections etc... For GEP i know you jump right in to anatomy classes etc..., 5 year we spend a lot of cell bio not that fun but were done with that all now. I know in GEP you dont get to do actual dissections just look at the models provided. Edinburgh is amazing it has a a small town feel but in a large city- you can walk almost everywhere and go from up arthurs seat down to the beach. Vet school is kind of like a family we have a lot of events together, haloween party, xmas party etc... and you will get a vet student mummy and daddy, or most likely two mummies not to many boys, who can help you if you have any questions etc... So overall I love everything right now, but as I have not had exams had not had too much stress. I know my GEP friends just finished their second exam, aka they are now in the 2nd year part of their 1st year, so it is definitely a bit more stressful hardworking program.

So I know sometimes people get conditions on their acceptances? When do you find out if you have any?

Mine were listed below my acceptance in the email. I just have to graduate this year. phew.:oops:

EDIT: I meant for RVC! As for Edinburgh, I believe that is listed in the official offer package that comes via mail? But I'm not sure.

Last edited:
Good luck with your interview! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. Maybe we'll both end up at Edinburgh. I think I may be going to the RVC dinner in January in New York. I'll post whatever I find out from them.
Thank you! I look forward to the details!

And thank you Dogmad. Edinburgh sounds wonderful. I've been drooling over videos of Arthur's seat and the city at large.

Victoria said they'd get out all of the acceptances "by the holidays" meaning right before xmas. And the 22nd seems to be the day of acceptances if you look back on previous threads. I've talked to some current students and that was what they said to expect as well.

bloody hellllll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i am so anxious and nervous for the end of this week...ahhh

dear god it's awful, isn't it? I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you! see? ===>:xf:

I totally read those last two posts in an English accent. Hahaha

dear god it's awful, isn't it? I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you! see? ===>:xf:

thankss mate!

I totally read those last two posts in an English accent. Hahaha

haha awesome! all my friends say i pull it off real good..and if i do say myself, it's quite legit when i'm tipsyyyy :D

oh and also, to those waiting to hear back...i feel like we might be hearing from Edinburgh manana, porque according to last years, they heard back on 12/22, which was a Wednesday, and from the class year before that they heard on 12/21, which was also a Wednesday. so lo and behold perhaps within 24 hours we shall find out! eeeeeeeeek!

oh and also, to those waiting to hear back...i feel like we might be hearing from Edinburgh manana, porque according to last years, they heard back on 12/22, which was a Wednesday, and from the class year before that they heard on 12/21, which was also a Wednesday. so lo and behold perhaps within 24 hours we shall find out! eeeeeeeeek!

:) :) :) :) Good luck!!!! I'm so excited! :D

Packen,
A few quick questions.

Actually, I met my roomies through SDN :D We met up at the reception in NY and then were all in the dorms for the first 5 weeks. That's when we officially decided to room together. The facebook group worked for a lot of others, and more found places when they met up during that first 5 weeks.

Most of the vet students were together. The boys were in a different building from the girls though.

Most first year/GEP students live in the city. If you want to go out with classmates, living in the city is the easiest, cause everything is either in walking distance or a short bus ride away. I know that some people that live outside the city find it hard to come to social events.

Plus, if you live outside of the city, it really requires that you have a car, because the bus transport isn't as good. Hope this helps. Congrats to all that got in!!!!!!!!!!!!:D