-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Dick Vet 4 year vs 5 year
Started by robert90
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
It's been a long time since I posted...
I can help out with things you need for first year though. This is more of a guide for 5 year students, but some of it i'm sure is the same for GEPs).
- Millers Guide to the Dissection of the Dog (you'll use it during dissection and revision)
- labcoat (2 is better, a clean one for clinical skills and one that will get stained with dissections)
- wellies with steel toe (rubber boots)
- dissection kit (not sure if needed for GEPs, can buy from the uni once here. I got mine off of ebay)
Thats all I can really think of for now.
I can help out with things you need for first year though. This is more of a guide for 5 year students, but some of it i'm sure is the same for GEPs).
- Millers Guide to the Dissection of the Dog (you'll use it during dissection and revision)
- labcoat (2 is better, a clean one for clinical skills and one that will get stained with dissections)
- wellies with steel toe (rubber boots)
- dissection kit (not sure if needed for GEPs, can buy from the uni once here. I got mine off of ebay)
Thats all I can really think of for now.
I got a lot of free time so I went back on all this and had lots of run reading all these old posts! It feels ages ago worrying about VISA app, accommodation, etc.
Sorry I've been completely absent, but am here if you need any more advice! Sounds like others have it taken care of... If you need any advice on pubs, and shipping dogs overseas (I'm in Packens boat this year) I'm your dude!
Sorry I've been completely absent, but am here if you need any more advice! Sounds like others have it taken care of... If you need any advice on pubs, and shipping dogs overseas (I'm in Packens boat this year) I'm your dude!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Trying to but an electrical converter for my laptop anyone know where is the best place to find one or exactly what works best?
Trying to but an electrical converter for my laptop anyone know where is the best place to find one or exactly what works best?
Do you mean a voltage converter? Most laptop power cords that come with your laptop are dual voltage and can handle 120-240V so you normally don't need a converter.
http://gouk.about.com/od/tripplanning/ss/powerconverter.htm
If that doesn't help you and you still need to buy one I don't know where to tell you to look. Maybe just get a newer power cord that can handle dual voltage.
Last edited:
My laptop has the AC Adapter that says the 100-240V put there is another cord that runs from this adapter to the outlet and it only runs at 125V... that is the part I am worried about.
My old laptop - the one I brought over here - I just run the power cord through I regular plug converter - no need to get anything special for that...
You just can't use heavy duty electronics like hair dryers, flat irons, kitchen electronics, etc
You just can't use heavy duty electronics like hair dryers, flat irons, kitchen electronics, etc
Ok, devyn... I am going to trust you, but if my laptop gets damaged you owe me a new one and a margarita.😉
Ok, devyn... I am going to trust you, but if my laptop gets damaged you owe me a new one and a margarita.😉
Hey now! I will pay for a margarita but not a new laptop

DVMD, do you have a Mac? If so, I bought a UK power cord through amazon when I got there. It was pretty reasonable and works fine. I used a regular power converter until then though. Got it at Target, one that can be used in multiple countries, good for traveling. 😀
Hey now! I will pay for a margarita but not a new laptop![]()
Two margaritas??? 😀😀
DVMD, do you have a Mac? If so, I bought a UK power cord through amazon when I got there. It was pretty reasonable and works fine. I used a regular power converter until then though. Got it at Target, one that can be used in multiple countries, good for traveling. 😀
No, no Mac here.
Hey Packen! The first couple of days were pretty boring. Just health, safety lectures, blah blah blah. But we started our terminology lecture with Dr. Hudson and he is fantastic! I can tell that he's going to be a favorite of mine. 🙂
Do you know what's going on with the dick vet clothes? Because everyone is chomping at the bit for some new threads. 😉
Do you know what's going on with the dick vet clothes? Because everyone is chomping at the bit for some new threads. 😉
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey Packen! The first couple of days were pretty boring. Just health, safety lectures, blah blah blah. But we started our terminology lecture with Dr. Hudson and he is fantastic! I can tell that he's going to be a favorite of mine. 🙂
Do you know what's going on with the dick vet clothes? Because everyone is chomping at the bit for some new threads. 😉
Ahh Dr Hudson....sigh. I think he is everyone's favorite 😉
Clothes orders wont go out till probably October. I have to wait until I get back and then coordinate with the girls who ran it last year to get the accounts put into my name. The clothes usually arrive right before Christmas break, typically how it works each year.
I'm not surprised. 😉
Ok then. I guess we'll just have to be patient and wait for our new clothes. 🙂
I sent you a PM on fb btw.
Ok then. I guess we'll just have to be patient and wait for our new clothes. 🙂
I sent you a PM on fb btw.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 445
- Replies
- 12
- Views
- 3K