You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Could Jeremy Lin Get into Harvard Med?
Started by Knocked Up
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Why would he want to waste his time on Harvard med? He OWNS MSG right now...that is 100x betterHoly Linsanity. I was watching the game at the bar tonight on ESPN. This kid is raw as hell, he just outplayed Kobe. Buddy told me his brother is a dental student (loser) at NYU?
Wonder if he could get into Harvard Med?
Holy Linsanity. I was watching the game at the bar tonight on ESPN. This kid is raw as hell, he just outplayed Kobe. Buddy told me his brother is a dental student (loser) at NYU?
Wonder if he could get into Harvard Med?
lol? maybe? even Peter Griffin could get into HMS if he tried hard enough.
Actually, here's a more interesting questions: Is Peter Griffin or Stewie Griffin more likely to get into HMS? Because one is a borderline ******ed adult and the other is a genius baby.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Why would he want to waste his time on Harvard med? He OWNS MSG right now...that is 100x better
👍 poll it bro, I'd say the same thing.
Holy Linsanity. I was watching the game at the bar tonight on ESPN. This kid is raw as hell, he just outplayed Kobe. Buddy told me his brother is a dental student (loser) at NYU?
Wonder if he could get into Harvard Med?
I was just thinking this. He needs to work on reducing his turn overs though.
He would be a unique applicant for sure.
2
235788
He'd probably settle for emory or something. hms may be a little too high.
why the hell would he go to med school when he is making $$$ right now?
Ah.. just saw his game at the restaurant tonight. Really impressive although I doubt he'd want to waste his time going to med school (surely a 3.1 is a sign) plus he's already making tons of money.
why the hell would he go to med school when he is making $$$ right now?
No, actually he's not making "$$$" right now. Lin was undrafted out of college and signed a contract with NY, a contract in which he wouldn't be payed (much), and just get to be (and prove himself) on the team.
Quote from Lin soon after he got famous (today): "Well, now I can finally get paid. I was sleeping on my brother's couch until now."
Ah.. just saw his game at the restaurant tonight. Really impressive although I doubt he'd want to waste his time going to med school (surely a 3.1 is a sign) plus he's already making tons of money.
🙂
Read my post above Nadabas.
He'll be probably have a new contract soon and will be raking in lots of money, but he's not a rich athlete now.
How come nobody ever asked if Kobe could get into Harvard Med?
URMz.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
He'll get in "'cause he ball so hard."
No, actually he's not making "$$$" right now. Lin was undrafted out of college and signed a contract with NY, a contract in which he wouldn't be payed (much), and just get to be (and prove himself) on the team.
Quote from Lin soon after he got famous (today): "Well, now I can finally get paid. I was sleeping on my brother's couch until now."
They're gonna be paying him a bunch afterwards, otherwise Spol's gonna take him down to Miami!
No, actually he's not making "$$$" right now. Lin was undrafted out of college and signed a contract with NY, a contract in which he wouldn't be payed (much), and just get to be (and prove himself) on the team.
Quote from Lin soon after he got famous (today): "Well, now I can finally get paid. I was sleeping on my brother's couch until now."
League minimum is 500k...?
How come nobody ever asked if Kobe could get into Harvard Med?
(I see what you did there)
Yeah, and why didn't Yao Ming apply to Harvard med?
League minimum is 500k...?
That's with an official contract. He still doesn't have one with NY (inevitably will soon though).
And I think he played for some other team (Kings or Warriors) and actually did have a contract of 500K with them, but we was waived off the team after a little while (or something like that, I don't think the contract ended).
That's with an official contract. He still doesn't have one with NY (inevitably will soon though).
And I think he played for some other team (Kings or Warriors) and actually did have a contract of 500K with them, but we was waived off the team after a little while (or something like that, I don't think the contract ended).
Need to do research before posting/
http://www.spotrac.com/nba/new-york-knicks/jeremy-lin/
😕
I heard this on ESPN about 3 hours ago (same with the quote I posted.... you don't get paid 1 mil+ and still "need to get paid because you're sleeping on your brother's couch". The contract you mentioned is probably not guaranteed, and he hasn't been paid that amount yet (as the guy above me said).
This is his 2nd year in the NBA. Based purely on his last 4 games, he's guaranteed to make a living in the league. It doesn't make any logical/financial sense for him to go to med school. He's going to make 10x more money in the next 10 years than he will ever make as a HMS graduated doctor/surgeon. That being said, the question was whether he could get into HMS. IMO, if Jeremy was a pre-med at Harvard and worked as hard as he works in basketball, he could probably get into HMS b/c he's from Harvard and will have a great gpa if he put the time spent in bball into studying.
i think his contract became guaranteed today (or was it yesterday) since he wasnt released.
I didn't particularly like the outcome of the game tonight. 👎
That's with an official contract. He still doesn't have one with NY (inevitably will soon though).
And I think he played for some other team (Kings or Warriors) and actually did have a contract of 500K with them, but we was waived off the team after a little while (or something like that, I don't think the contract ended).
He was on the warriors. Also, he grew up in Palo alto.
Here's the situation. His contract was for ~800,000 a year, but it was not guaranteed, which means it was prorated for how long he was on the team. Now that he has not been released, the contract becomes guaranteed, and he is now guaranteed to make 800K.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
And for those of you that thought he was some broke dude before the guarantee, even with the prorated contract he was making about 12K a game.
J.Lin! I think he could go to Med. He graduated from Harvard and has great ECs. Lol. You guys are up on your B- Ball facts too. Good stuff.
I like how white people group all Asian people together.
We all look the same anyways, why not act the same
if he stopped balling and started studying he could probably go to stanford
Never stop ballin'
While it's not about med school specifically, I thought that this video fit this thread. J. Lin posted a humorous video about how to get into Harvard. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9yVnKQNj58
K
kpcrew
what do the knicks even think they're doing?
jeremy lin isn't an old veteran that is just past his prime but came to the knicks so he can still get paid the big bucks
hes better than carmelo or amare and they earn more than 20x his salary
then again, most doctors aren't making 800k a year either
jeremy lin isn't an old veteran that is just past his prime but came to the knicks so he can still get paid the big bucks
hes better than carmelo or amare and they earn more than 20x his salary
then again, most doctors aren't making 800k a year either
2
235788
I like how white people group all Asian people together.
i like how asian people group all white people together.
i like how asian people group all white people together.
It's blatantly obvious that Lin is Chinese. Whereas I couldn't tell what type of white person the opener is

He was on the warriors. Also, he grew up in Palo alto.
So he's also from California? He wouldn't stand a chance at any medical school.
what do the knicks even think they're doing?
jeremy lin isn't an old veteran that is just past his prime but came to the knicks so he can still get paid the big bucks
hes better than carmelo or amare and they earn more than 20x his salary
then again, most doctors aren't making 800k a year either
Lolwtf you can't compare a point guard and a forward like that.
Lolwtf you can't compare a point guard and a forward like that.
But you can compare the way they play and how the team does with or without them.
Knicks are better without Melo/Stoudemire, and Lin being the main man (so far).
Also, I won't jump on the Lin bandwagon until he at least proves himself in a playoff game.
Sadly Lin fever will die down once Melo and STAT come back. It was a good run while it lasted. Still want to pick me up one of these shirts tho:
hes better than carmelo or amare
wtf???????????
please do not disrespect melo or stat like that
what do the knicks even think they're doing?
jeremy lin isn't an old veteran that is just past his prime but came to the knicks so he can still get paid the big bucks
hes better than carmelo or amare and they earn more than 20x his salary
then again, most doctors aren't making 800k a year either
You obviously DO NOT know basketball if you believe that this Jeremy Lin kid is better than Carmelo or Amare.
As was mentioned above, you truly can't compare players of completely different positions. I love Jeremy Lin, but stating that he is better than Carmelo or Amare was just preposterous!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
K
kpcrew
i just look at results. you can be the best player in the world, but if you aren't racking up wins...
How come nobody ever asked if Kobe could get into Harvard Med?
Well Kobe would have to get a college degree first.😉
Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
Why is everyone giving this dude a collective hand job anyways.
that's what you, me, and him would all like to know 🙂
it might be because he's a modestly tall asian man from harvard in the NBA. But that doesn't make him anything other than a new player in the NBA and everyone seems to forget this.
It's easy for JL to get into Harvard Med, just donate enough money to get a room/wing named after you.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 32
- Views
- 2K
- Replies
- 12
- Views
- 1K
