You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
CSU Success Stories
Started by Gallivant
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I know that there have been threads similar to mine but many of them are quite a few years old. I was just wondering if anyone here on SDN have gotten into Medical School from a CSU and if you have can you list your stats. Thank You!
look at mdapplicants.com. search for school and stats etc etc etc
You can look at my mdapplicants profile. I'm currently deciding between BU and UCDavis.
Also, one of my friends got into UCSF, another into UC Davis. A few others have gotten in to other MD schools or DO schools.
While interviewing though, I only ran into CSU students on rare occasions outside of California, but there were UC students (especially Cal!) at every interview.
Also, one of my friends got into UCSF, another into UC Davis. A few others have gotten in to other MD schools or DO schools.
While interviewing though, I only ran into CSU students on rare occasions outside of California, but there were UC students (especially Cal!) at every interview.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
At my campus, most applicants that meet or exceed the national averages get in. We have good research programs in organic chemistry, biosynthesis, and microbiology, which help students stand out, especially for MD/PhD. Personally, I'm satisfied with my choice; which, perhaps, is due to me being a religious studies major. Our department is excellent....easily on par with the best programs around (it has a small, liberal arts feel). Starting at a CC, I could have gone to a UC, but it didn't make sense for me and my family, or my wallet.....Esp. since I'm likely gunning for DO, not Harvard. That said, If I were 18 then I'd be going to UCSC....I love that campus!
Last edited:
I can't find his mdapps, but nadaba on SDN had a ridiculous application cycle and went to a CSU. He got interviews at a ton of top schools with multiple acceptances. I don't want to divulge too much info if he doesn't want it all over the boards, but I'll see if I can get him to come in here and share his awesome success story. 🙂
I can't find his mdapps, but nadaba on SDN had a ridiculous application cycle and went to a CSU. He got interviews at a ton of top schools with multiple acceptances. I don't want to divulge too much info if he doesn't want it all over the boards, but I'll see if I can get him to come in here and share his awesome success story. 🙂

PM me Gallivant, I can definitely tell you about my experiences.
I go to CSU Fullerton. I know handful of students who got accepted into allopathic schools without problems. In fact, someone got accepted to JHU.
2
235788
csu=cleveland state university?
0/10csu=cleveland state university?
PM me Gallivant, I can definitely tell you about my experiences.
I <3 you. 😍
Yo, I went to Cal State Long Beach. About 20 or so people apply each year and we do very well. From what I know we have folks at UCSF (4), Stanford, UCLA, UCI, Davis, USC, Northwestern, Hopkins, Georgetown, NYMC, Sinai and many others. We get around haha.
Regardless of where you go if do well on your tests and in your classes, have fun and create a well-rounded application then you'll be quite alright. 👍
Regardless of where you go if do well on your tests and in your classes, have fun and create a well-rounded application then you'll be quite alright. 👍
..
Last edited:
I go to CSU Fullerton. I know handful of students who got accepted into allopathic schools without problems. In fact, someone got accepted to JHU.
Fullerton has the hottest girls hands down of any school I have ever been to more than 3 times.
Random fact that I feel should be noted in the history books for future premeds.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Fullerton has the hottest girls hands down of any school I have ever been to more than 3 times.
Random fact that I feel should be noted in the history books for future premeds.
um...no sdsu is much better. but csuf is 2nd in the cal states
I saw someone at both a NYC top 20 interview and USC from a CSU.
At my campus, most applicants that meet or exceed the national averages get in. We have good research programs in organic chemistry, biosynthesis, and microbiology, which help students stand out, especially for MD/PhD. Personally, I'm satisfied with my choice; which, perhaps, is due to me being a religious studies major. Our department is excellent....easily on par with the best programs around (it has a small, liberal arts feel). Starting at a CC, I could have gone to a UC, but it didn't make sense for me and my family, or my wallet.....Esp. since I'm likely gunning for DO, not Harvard. That said, If I were 18 then I'd be going to UCSC....I love that campus!
Wait, so do you go to UCSC? If not, then what school if I may ask?
guy at csulb got full ride to chicago pritzker
hes like 32 and went somewhere else first tho...
a few presidential scholar superstars but
most of us aren't super duper smart
half of my premed class has like 3.1 gpa... :S
im pres of a club n all the freshman think they are super smart
they might be but
their study skills aint top notch
so they get Cs and Bs in intro bio and chem.
also, no - or +. so a B screws up gpa a lot
lots of pre meds that went to berk/UCs do postbaccs or career changers and CLS here
theyre really freaking smart....
im graduating.
YAY😀
hes like 32 and went somewhere else first tho...
a few presidential scholar superstars but
most of us aren't super duper smart
half of my premed class has like 3.1 gpa... :S
im pres of a club n all the freshman think they are super smart
they might be but
their study skills aint top notch
so they get Cs and Bs in intro bio and chem.
also, no - or +. so a B screws up gpa a lot
lots of pre meds that went to berk/UCs do postbaccs or career changers and CLS here
theyre really freaking smart....
im graduating.
YAY😀
Last edited:
guy at csulb got full ride to chicago pritzker
hes like 32 and went somewhere else first tho...
YAY😀
If this was this year it might be the same guy
Similar threads
- Replies
- 7
- Views
- 755