CSU Success Stories

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gallivant

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know that there have been threads similar to mine but many of them are quite a few years old. I was just wondering if anyone here on SDN have gotten into Medical School from a CSU and if you have can you list your stats. Thank You!

Members don't see this ad.

I know that there have been threads similar to mine but many of them are quite a few years old. I was just wondering if anyone here on SDN have gotten into Medical School from a CSU and if you have can you list your stats. Thank You!

look at mdapplicants.com. search for school and stats etc etc etc

You can look at my mdapplicants profile. I'm currently deciding between BU and UCDavis.

Also, one of my friends got into UCSF, another into UC Davis. A few others have gotten in to other MD schools or DO schools.

While interviewing though, I only ran into CSU students on rare occasions outside of California, but there were UC students (especially Cal!) at every interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
At my campus, most applicants that meet or exceed the national averages get in. We have good research programs in organic chemistry, biosynthesis, and microbiology, which help students stand out, especially for MD/PhD. Personally, I'm satisfied with my choice; which, perhaps, is due to me being a religious studies major. Our department is excellent....easily on par with the best programs around (it has a small, liberal arts feel). Starting at a CC, I could have gone to a UC, but it didn't make sense for me and my family, or my wallet.....Esp. since I'm likely gunning for DO, not Harvard. That said, If I were 18 then I'd be going to UCSC....I love that campus!

Last edited:
I can't find his mdapps, but nadaba on SDN had a ridiculous application cycle and went to a CSU. He got interviews at a ton of top schools with multiple acceptances. I don't want to divulge too much info if he doesn't want it all over the boards, but I'll see if I can get him to come in here and share his awesome success story. :)

I can't find his mdapps, but nadaba on SDN had a ridiculous application cycle and went to a CSU. He got interviews at a ton of top schools with multiple acceptances. I don't want to divulge too much info if he doesn't want it all over the boards, but I'll see if I can get him to come in here and share his awesome success story. :)
:whoa:

PM me Gallivant, I can definitely tell you about my experiences.

someone in my class, ivy league school, went to csu, md/phd

I go to CSU Fullerton. I know handful of students who got accepted into allopathic schools without problems. In fact, someone got accepted to JHU.

Yo, I went to Cal State Long Beach. About 20 or so people apply each year and we do very well. From what I know we have folks at UCSF (4), Stanford, UCLA, UCI, Davis, USC, Northwestern, Hopkins, Georgetown, NYMC, Sinai and many others. We get around haha.

Regardless of where you go if do well on your tests and in your classes, have fun and create a well-rounded application then you'll be quite alright. :thumbup:

Yes! This is reassuring. Thanks evryone!

I go to CSU Fullerton. I know handful of students who got accepted into allopathic schools without problems. In fact, someone got accepted to JHU.

Fullerton has the hottest girls hands down of any school I have ever been to more than 3 times.

Random fact that I feel should be noted in the history books for future premeds.

Fullerton has the hottest girls hands down of any school I have ever been to more than 3 times.

Random fact that I feel should be noted in the history books for future premeds.

um...no sdsu is much better. but csuf is 2nd in the cal states

This is all very reassuring thanks for posting everyone! Can anyone note on how the budget cuts are affecting you?

At my campus, most applicants that meet or exceed the national averages get in. We have good research programs in organic chemistry, biosynthesis, and microbiology, which help students stand out, especially for MD/PhD. Personally, I'm satisfied with my choice; which, perhaps, is due to me being a religious studies major. Our department is excellent....easily on par with the best programs around (it has a small, liberal arts feel). Starting at a CC, I could have gone to a UC, but it didn't make sense for me and my family, or my wallet.....Esp. since I'm likely gunning for DO, not Harvard. That said, If I were 18 then I'd be going to UCSC....I love that campus!

Wait, so do you go to UCSC? If not, then what school if I may ask?

guy at csulb got full ride to chicago pritzker

hes like 32 and went somewhere else first tho...

a few presidential scholar superstars but
most of us aren't super duper smart
half of my premed class has like 3.1 gpa... :S
im pres of a club n all the freshman think they are super smart
they might be but
their study skills aint top notch
so they get Cs and Bs in intro bio and chem.

also, no - or +. so a B screws up gpa a lot

lots of pre meds that went to berk/UCs do postbaccs or career changers and CLS here
theyre really freaking smart....

im graduating.
YAY:D

Last edited: