****The Official Midwestern Class of 2017 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

aznboi89x

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
post updates!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I have an interview on October 10 :D

Interview on oct 2nd here. If anyone wants to meet up and take a ride with me to save money, let me know.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Members don't see this ad :)
How bout make this the official interview/acceptance/rejection thread...I got my rejection.

Interview Sept 10th! So nervous!! Any suggestions?!

Rejections from this school are starting to come out already too!!?!?!? (>_<)

My interview is on Sep. 12th (this Wednesday, yikes!) any last minute advise from anyone?? lol. :xf:

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh, yes! It's interview time! Seriously, I know you're all nervous, but this should be your easiest interview. It will be. The interviewers are nice. Just relax and chat. At lunch, the cafeteria will be packed and you'll feel silly in your fancy clothes. If you want to talk with any fresh D1s (just a few weeks old) they'll be the only people in ceil blue scrubs.

Good luck!

Anyone have Oct. 1? Lets plan transportation together!

I have an interview on the 2nd flying in on the first :D

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Interviewing Nov 27. Open to meeting up /planning transportation!

Does anyone else have an interview here Dec. 3rd? Is this not the most ridiculous day to hold interviews?

Dec 3 is better than no interview at all. Watch your portal. New dates (pre-Dec) could be added or earlier slots could open up as people change or cancel dates. The good part about post-Dec is that you could potentially be accepted the same day or shortly after (which has occurred at this school in particular).

Dec 3 is better than no interview at all. Watch your portal. New dates (pre-Dec) could be added or earlier slots could open up as people change or cancel dates. The good part about post-Dec is that you could potentially be accepted the same day or shortly after (which has occurred at this school in particular).

I agree. I have been, and will continue to, check their portal to reschedule for an earlier date. I will most likely push it back into January though to see what I hear from other schools.

Has anyone gone to the Midwestern-AZ interviews yet? If so would you mind sharing your experiences?

MWU is amazing. It's hard to find something to not like. All of the faculty and staff were nice and congenial. The students were very cohesive and helpful, and they also interafted pleasantly with the interviewers and faculty throughout our day. The interview was pretty simple, more of a conversation than anything else. And of course, all of the facilities are top notch. The ethics and principles of the school are quite reassuring as well.

Also, to those of us who attended on September 18th, congrats and it was a pleasure to meet with you all. Good luck!

This thread is great! My interview is scheduled for October 30th. I'm pretty nervous. This is my third and last attempt at dental school :(

Ave: 3.5
Sci: 3.3

Any suggestions for the interview?? Anyone know the earliest they'll send acceptance letters?

.... and can anyone tell me what they asked or talked about during the interview? I had an interview with NYU last year and it was more of a friendly conversation than an interview. I'm hoping the same with MWU.

Best of luck to everyone!
:xf:

November 26th! Anyone have tips for preparing for the interview?

Hey I just checked the portal to possibly reschedule my interview, and this Tuesday Oct. 2nd is available. Just thought I would share, I cant take it but might be cool for a local kid.

Does anyone know if all their pre-December interview spots are filled? I have an interview on October 10th, but might need to reschedule...any thoughts?

Does anyone know if all their pre-December interview spots are filled? I have an interview on October 10th, but might need to reschedule...any thoughts?
You have to reschedule using the portal. Usually it gives you the option to either reschedule or cancel your interview. If you click on reschedule it lists the available dates. Right now however, my portal does not have the reschedule button, only the cancel one is there. You should check yours to see if you have the option. I am curious.

You have to reschedule using the portal. Usually it gives you the option to either reschedule or cancel your interview. If you click on reschedule it lists the available dates. Right now however, my portal does not have the reschedule button, only the cancel one is there. You should check yours to see if you have the option. I am curious.

Hey, yes, I did check the portal, there is no "reschedule" button there anymore, only "cancel" :( so I guess there is no option left

Do what you have to do. But hopefully it's for a good reason. They won't ask or anything, but a reschedule the week before the interview is noticeable. They only have 12 interviewees per day. Unless an AZ resident snags up your spot, it's not likely anyone is going to switch up flights/hotel to make it. They won't fuss over only having 11, but when admissions is heavily driven by only a couple of people, you don't want them wondering.

Edit: If you need to do it, give them a call in the morning and let them know. Even if the reschedule button was there, it's probably better to do it that way anyway.

Do what you have to do. But hopefully it's for a good reason. They won't ask or anything, but a reschedule the week before the interview is noticeable. They only have 12 interviewees per day. Unless an AZ resident snags up your spot, it's not likely anyone is going to switch up flights/hotel to make it. They won't fuss over only having 11, but when admissions is heavily driven by only a couple of people, you don't want them wondering.

Edit: If you need to do it, give them a call in the morning and let them know. Even if the reschedule button was there, it's probably better to do it that way anyway.

Thanks for the input! Do you know what other interview dates they have in October?

Hey, yes, I did check the portal, there is no "reschedule" button there anymore, only "cancel" :( so I guess there is no option left
You may want to call but when I did, they just said refer to the portal. They wouldn't do it over the phone. Also last time I checked the portal and there was an available date, it was the middle of Jan. So it is possible they have extended all of their invites, and the ability to reschedule will only return if someone cancels their interview. This is just speculation.

No idea what dates there are. Seemed like they had several groups per week for a couple of weeks and now maybe 1 or 2 per week. I only suggest calling because it's close to your date. So if canceling is an absolute, that's a better way of approaching it...and maybe the only way if that re-schedule button doesn't become available. This is also just a guess, but I could see not adding more dates for a while. They have a healthy pre-Dec batch to work with. I don't think they are a heavy spring interviewing school.

Interview Jan 7, how do they notifty you if you are accepted post-dec?

Interview Jan 7, how do they notifty you if you are accepted post-dec?

During the interview, I've meet some students who interviewed post-dec. They said.. they called them, often just within a week to notify their acceptances.

Those of you that had your interviews already, could you please post about your experience??

It'd be great to know how it went, what the interviewer asked, and anything else you think is worth mentioning.

Super excited!

interview 10/30

Last edited:
Anyone who has gone, please share your experiences...much appreciated. Thanks!!

Hey everyone, here is my most recent blog post. I really want to let anyone that is interested in MWU-AZ what it is really like here. I apologize for any bad grammar or spelling errors, I wrote this immediately after taking an exam and I need to get studying for my next two exams this week.
I wrote about a lot of stuff here at MWU but I know I missed a lot of things also. If you have any questions about anything more specific, post it on the blog and I will answer it as soon as I can.

http://tjpaulson1.wordpress.com/2012/10/09/what-is-mwu-az-codm-really-like/

This thread is great! My interview is scheduled for October 30th. I'm pretty nervous. This is my third and last attempt at dental school :(

Ave: 3.5
Sci: 3.3

Any suggestions for the interview?? Anyone know the earliest they'll send acceptance letters?

.... and can anyone tell me what they asked or talked about during the interview? I had an interview with NYU last year and it was more of a friendly conversation than an interview. I'm hoping the same with MWU.

Best of luck to everyone!
:xf:

The interview questions are pretty standard, in fact they're generally the same five you can find in the interview feedback section. But that's not that important.... most of my classmates that got immediate calls back for acceptance generally strayed way off topic and talked about random fun stuff like sports and hobbies and what not. If you have Dr. Polk just try to have fun with him, I think he looks for that more than anything else.... best of luck :xf:

During the interview, I've meet some students who interviewed post-dec. They said.. they called them, often just within a week to notify their acceptances.

A lot of people got calls the same day, some within a week...... but that doesn't mean all is lost..... some took month or so..... mine was longer :rolleyes:

As far as I can tell it appears that MW is one of the quicker schools to get to your app (pretty sure Nova is the fastest). So if I can tell that other SDN'ers have received an interview invite that have a mail out date past mine is it safe to say that MW has most likely moved on from my app and I will not receive and interview from them?
I have other interviews, but I was really hoping for a MW interview.

Also I have heard that MW completes all their interviews in February...can anyone else substantiate this?

If this is also true than my chances appear even slimmer as some have already received interviews in Feb.

Case is a zippy one too.

Anyway, keep in mind that after acceptances come rolling in, the game changes for some people. Those who get accepted to top choices in December may choose to cancel post-Dec interviews. You may find yourself in this boat too. So anything MWU may have scheduled into the new year isn't necessarily set in stone.