****The Official Midwestern Class of 2017 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

So excited! Got the call from Dr. Polk early yesterday morning! Interviewed on 11/27 :):):)

I also got a call and interviewed that day!

Members don't see this ad.

Also got the call from Dr. Polk yesterday. So excited. Good job guys we all deserved it!

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone's status updated yet?

Nope, not yet.. I'm sure it'll be a little later today. I remember for the interview I received an email at 7am, checked my portal - nothing.. but then, after work, there were interview dates. Can't wait to see that 'Accepted Student Checklist' :love:

Still nothing. So glad I got that phone call from Dr. Polk on Saturday. But still excited to see it in writing

for those of you who already got your acceptance call, what was your interview date?

I agree, getting that call on saturday seemed too good to be true. I keep reviewing it in my mind and reminding myself that he did in fact say I had an offer of admission. I cant wait until I can see the checklist, then it will be official.

for those of you who already got your acceptance call, what was your interview date?

October 22nd

edit:
my Accepted Student Checklist is updated!!!
add the facebook group if you are going to be going to MWU :)

Last edited:
Interviewed: October 10th

EDIT: Accepted Student Checklist has been updated!

Last edited:
MWU portal just updated......I now have a official accepted student checklist!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone pretty set on going here? I think I'm paying my deposit next week! Hello future classmates :)

Im pretty set on going here. What date did you interview?

For all those, who had interviews and not an acceptance (hopefully yet), any emails?!?! None here.

Anyone else from Texas thinking about choosing Midwestern? Let me know :)

Does anyone know if midwestern filled their class? I have an interview Jan 7 and wonder how great my chance is of getting in?

Does anyone know if midwestern filled their class? I have an interview Jan 7 and wonder how great my chance is of getting in?

Your chances are still good. Last year after Dec 1 they only sent out 80 or so invites and only 65 seats deposited.

Its such an amazing school i truly loved it, the price scared me to my state school. Good Luck to the rest of you!

Anyone else from Texas thinking about choosing Midwestern? Let me know :)

I have an interview Feb 11th and how great my chance to get in?
My ST: AA20 TS20 SGPA3.52 OGPA3.88 Please ! Thanks

I have an interview Feb 11th and how great my chance to get in?
My ST: AA20 TS20 SGPA3.52 OGPA3.88 Please ! Thanks

First off, the dean told us that after you have made it to the point of an interview they do not look at your stats anymore. Your acceptance is based on how well you do at your interview and how well they think you'll fit into the school, but if it makes you feel better my stats were:
AA 20 TS 19 SGPA: 3.65 OGPA 3.67 and I got in :)
Best of luck.

Does anyone know if they will send an acceptance letter in the mail?

So, Im on the alternate list. I wonder when's the next round of acceptances.. :confused::scared:

So, Im on the alternate list. I wonder when's the next round of acceptances.. :confused::scared:

It will probably be that first week of January.. that is when the Dec 3rd people need to put down their initial deposits.

No, I was accepted. I am just waiting for the actual physical acceptance package to arrive and I called to make sure they are indeed sending one our way.

ahhh okay thanks for the clarification

Thanks for letting us know about the acceptance package!

I was also accepted on the Dec 3. Are there any 3rd or 4th year Midwestern students (or graduates) out there that could answer some questions? If so, please send me a private message. THANKS!

Its such an amazing school i truly loved it, the price scared me to my state school. Good Luck to the rest of you!

I also loved the school...but I also loved Michigan and its my state school so its way cheaper.

I will be declining the acceptance...good luck to the rest of you Midwestern is an awesome school.

Does anyone know if we get any scholarships?

Your chances are still good. Last year after Dec 1 they only sent out 80 or so invites and only 65 seats deposited.

A lot of us got in post-December, in fact at least 7 of my classmates including myself got in from February interviews.

To all those accepted Congrats!!!

did anyone get their acceptance packet in the mail?

So, guys, here's my deal...

MWU is probably my top choice as of right now. I just finished up my Fall 2012 semester of under graduate, and will be graduating this May. I have not heard anything back from MWU as of yet, and I hope the grades from this past semester will positively impact my application.

My main question is...MWU requires microbiology...and I have not taken it yet, but am registered to take it this Spring, my final semester. Would MWU accept me, or even give me an interview since I have not completed this? I was pretty confident about my DAT scores, my GPA, and my extra curricular activities...so it has been disappointing that I haven't heard from MWU. I just really hope that they will consider accepting me, or at least give me an interview, with the condition of passing and doing well in micro. Any insight you guys could give would be great!

cGPA: 3.36
sGPA: 3.51
TS: 21
AA: 22
PAT: 20

So, guys, here's my deal...

MWU is probably my top choice as of right now. I just finished up my Fall 2012 semester of under graduate, and will be graduating this May. I have not heard anything back from MWU as of yet, and I hope the grades from this past semester will positively impact my application.

My main question is...MWU requires microbiology...and I have not taken it yet, but am registered to take it this Spring, my final semester. Would MWU accept me, or even give me an interview since I have not completed this? I was pretty confident about my DAT scores, my GPA, and my extra curricular activities...so it has been disappointing that I haven't heard from MWU. I just really hope that they will consider accepting me, or at least give me an interview, with the condition of passing and doing well in micro. Any insight you guys could give would be great!

cGPA: 3.36
sGPA: 3.51
TS: 21
AA: 22
PAT: 20
I'm under the impression that Midwestern's interview invites are likely over. I would love to be corrected on this fact though.