**The Official U. of Missouri-Kansas Class of 2017 Interview/Acceptance Thread**

dvomang

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Haven't seen anything posted yet for UMKC. Anybody hear anything yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Haven't seen anything posted yet for UMKC. Anybody hear anything yet?

I know of a few people that have received interviews, but i haven't heard anything. I am really hoping for an interview invite soon!

I have received an invite ....my interview is on Friday. I'll let you guys know how it goes, good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Received a rejection letter from UMKC.
I am OOS.

I have received an invite ....my interview is on Friday. I'll let you guys know how it goes, good luck!

if you dont mind me asking...
when did you complete your app??

oh and how did they contact u ?

Last edited:
I also think it would be helpful to mention I am from NM (we have a deal with UMKC) but I had my application packet mailed out first batch and the remainder of my LOR's mailed out second batch. They notified me via email!

I got my interview. I called and they had closed for the day so I will get my date tomorrow! So excited this is my number one school!

Rejection snail mail yesterday. Very disappointed, both dentists I shadowed were UMKC graduates.

Called by Richie & Sarah at 8:08CST. I was waiting to be rejected after UNMC and wasn't anticipating this call at all. Had been running since 5:30am as I couldn't sleep and was in the middle of the campus quad when I got the call. Screaming, crying, jumping, kneeling in front of all the morning students.

Can't believe this is happening right now. Kangaroos!

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-7Vu7cqB20[/YOUTUBE]

Members don't see this ad :)
WOOOOO!! Just got the call now. Is this real life!? Congrats ^ :D

Haven't heard anything yet today. Trying to stay positive...but failing.

Accepted via a phone call at 8:05am Dec 3rd from Sarah! Letter came in the mail the same day.

Called by Richie & Sarah at 8:08CST. I was waiting to be rejected after UNMC and wasn't anticipating this call at all. Had been running since 5:30am as I couldn't sleep and was in the middle of the campus quad when I got the call. Screaming, crying, jumping, kneeling in front of all the morning students.

Can't believe this is happening right now. Kangaroos!

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-7Vu7cqB20[/YOUTUBE]

You deserved it man! I am very happy for you and I wish you the best of luck. I don't see you around campus anymore and I hope you are doing well.

You deserved it man! I am very happy for you and I wish you the best of luck. I don't see you around campus anymore and I hope you are doing well.

Thanks! Congrats to you too! I saw you got into UNMC as well. Best of luck to you if you head to Nebraska. That's a great school with even better people.

Congrats everyone! Looking forward to meeting my future classmates at UMKC!

Does anyone know wheres a good place to live?? I'm having a hard time finding something affordable that is close by the d-school.

Congrats everyone! Looking forward to meeting my future classmates at UMKC!

Does anyone know wheres a good place to live?? I'm having a hard time finding something affordable that is close by the d-school.

I am currently looking into Union Hill. It is just a few blocks from campus. They have studio apartments and 1BR (and up) from $500-$1,000. They told me they will have a booth during the February welcome reception.

I am currently looking into Union Hill. It is just a few blocks from campus. They have studio apartments and 1BR (and up) from $500-$1,000. They told me they will have a booth during the February welcome reception.

ya, I saw those online. I like them a lot, but I thought they were pretty expensive. Do you know if that area is safe? I also looked into Quality Hill in downtown Power and Light district, but same thing they are expensive. I wish I knew if someone needed a roommate that lives in one of those houses near the d-school.

ya, I saw those online. I like them a lot, but I thought they were pretty expensive. Do you know if that area is safe? I also looked into Quality Hill in downtown Power and Light district, but same thing they are expensive. I wish I knew if someone needed a roommate that lives in one of those houses near the d-school.

I'm not from KC so I'm really not sure how safe the area is. I think the apartments and the immediate area are safe however you can get in a bad area pretty fast if you go the wrong way. They do have a nice park right there too. The dental school has a housing forum or website that might have some roomate housing options.