FIU DPT Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

amaliahirsch

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have an interview this week with FIU for their DPT program. Can anyone share any insight as to what to expect, type of questions, and any specific questions FIU asks if you had an interview with them before. I would appreciate it more than you know! Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

So no one replied to my question about the Early interview but I thought I would share the experience now that it's over and done with. For anyone applying to FIU...for the interview I first met with Dr. Brunt who is the head of the program. Really nice guy, has an English accent. He looked at my application and just talked with me, asked why I wanted to come to FIU after having gone to Boston University for undergrad, and then asks me if I had any questions. I came with a whole list of questions, but only asked ones I thought were appropriate given that I he didn't talk yet about the program itself. He then took me on a tour of the program's facilities which were SO SO awesome and we basically walked and talked. Really laid back, not stressful at all.

I then met with two of the professors of the department (all three of us sat together) and they were the ones that through the "real" interview questions at me. Still really basic questions: Why I want to be a PT, why FIU, what my observation experiences were like, ect. It was still really laid back and they were super nice. Overall great experience and felt comfortable during the entire process.

Hope this helps someone else out there! Good luck everyone!

Not applying to FIU, but I enjoyed your post. Thanks for sharing, & hope it works out! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
if you dont mind can you post your stats? Did you do early decision?

Here are my stats!

University: Boston University
Major: Nutritional Sciences
Overall GPA: 3.61
GRE: 580 V, 710Q, 4.5 AW

Volunteer: 117 hrs Outpatient Ortho, 10 hrs Outpatient Pediatric, I also have many observational hours in many many different settings for nutrition. I know it doesn't count for my PT hours, but I think it made a difference when it comes to experience in the health field.

Extra-curric: Soccer coach, lifeguard, lab instructor, baker, nutrition assistant at a large hospital in boston, and a lot of volunteer work in nutrition

Applied: FIU Early Decision
Interview: FIU
Acceptances: FIU CLASS OF 2016!!!! :)

congrats!!!! is there anything else you remember from the interview?? i did not apply early decision but I am hoping to get an interview soon as I believe they are moving towards looking at regular admission applicants

There really wasn't anything else I can remember. Also, I do not know if regular interviews are different than early because in earlier posts I read that they were in a group, which was definitely not the case with me, but be prepared anyway. Definitely give yourself enough time to get there because it took me forever (I came from broward).

No problem! If you have any other questions let me know, happy to help!

What are you basing your overall GPA from? is that your overall undergraduate gpa including pre-req's?

It's my overall GPA including pre-reqs calculated by PTCAS

Has anyone else received an interview? I called recently and was told that they gave out a few interviews already after the early decision period.

I received my early interview a couple weeks ago and am set for December 3rd.
Thank you for the insight into the interview process. This will be my first interview so I am not sure what to expect but after reading the earlier posts, I feel a little better about it. Congratulations on your acceptance!

Reactions: 1 user
I didn't do the early decision but I still got an early interview. Very laid back interview, I received an email offering me a spot 30 minutes after my interview. :)

Reactions: 1 users
I didn't do the early decision but I still got an early interview. Very laid back interview, I received an email offering me a spot 30 minutes after my interview. :)
I also did not apply for an early interview but was offered one, it is next week. What were the questions like? And did you accept ?

I also did not apply for an early interview but was offered one, it is next week. What were the questions like? And did you accept ?

I interviewed at FIU on 1/30. I was offered acceptance (and accepted their offer) on 3/2. The interview was very laid back and I felt comfortable. Main question was why you wanted to be a DPT and then the conversation flowed into other non-PT topics. Loved it.