***The Official Univ, of Maryland Class of 2017 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

jrub

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys just received my invite today, submitted my supplemental application2 days ago, hope to hear good things from everyone else

Members don't see this ad.

hey guys just received my invite today, submitted my supplemental application2 days ago, hope to hear good things from everyone else
Congrats!! Are u instate?

EDIT: Checked in the official thread that you are MD resident :) COngrats again!!!

Congratulations!! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
I was wondering if you could share when you got everything submitted and your stats possibly?

Members don't see this ad :)
jrub, did you do the optional video? and how long did it take for you to do ur supplemental

i got my supplemental sept. 7th and submitted it sept 11th i did not do the video i received my invites sept 13th, my aadsas app was submitted on 7/20 it was complete 7/25, my stats are 19AA 21TS 19RC 19PAT 16QR, 3.82 GPA and 3.96 sGPA, anymore questions please just ask

Hey I was just wondering about how long after the email from Maryland saying that "your app is being forwarded to admissions committee for review" did it take to get a secondary app if you were asked for it? Thanks :)

Hey I was just wondering about how long after the email from Maryland saying that "your app is being forwarded to admissions committee for review" did it take to get a secondary app if you were asked for it? Thanks :)
i received the first email august 3rd and then received the supplemental application september 7th

Thanks! I actually just got a secondary application today. So I am submitting it tonight and hoping for the best

Has anyone else not heard from Maryland since they submitted their application fee? I received that email that said "Your application has been processed and your admissions file has been forwarded to the Committee on Dental Recruitment and Admissions for review" almost two months ago and haven't heard from Maryland since. Anyone know if maryland is selective with regards to who they give supplemental applications to?

Thanks!

Has anyone else not heard from Maryland since they submitted their application fee? I received that email that said "Your application has been processed and your admissions file has been forwarded to the Committee on Dental Recruitment and Admissions for review" almost two months ago and haven't heard from Maryland since. Anyone know if maryland is selective with regards to who they give supplemental applications to?

Thanks!
yes i think they are selective, I believe they only send out a supplemental if they are planning on giving an interview

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm in state (stats in sig) and submitted my AADSAS app July 21 (sent July 27). I still haven't heard from them :( keeping the faith though!

Got an interview offer today for October 17th super exicted!!!!!

i am OOS

interview for Oct 30th!

oos applicant too!

Interview scheduled for Oct 2:)

School: UMD

Notification date: 9-13-12
Method of notification: Email
Residency: MD
AADSAS mail-out date: 07/13/2012
Application complete date: 8/17/2012
GPA (science, overall): (3.82, 3.78)
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/22/19/17/ no section below a17

Secondary application received on Friday!! :)

I submitted my supplemental application on Saturday and I received my interview invitation today!! It is scheduled for October 23rd.

Good luck to all of you on your interviews! :thumbup: Those who haven't heard yet, sit tight, they interview well into March.

If anyone has questions about the school or curriculum, feel free to PM me. I am a 2012 grad.

Cyrus

I'm a current D1 at Maryland (Class of 2016). So I'm fresh off the appilcation process. Let me know if any of you have questions!

I'm a current D1 at Maryland (Class of 2016). So I'm fresh off the appilcation process. Let me know if any of you have questions![/QUOTE
did you find the maryland interview to be stressful? did they ask any off base questions or just the basic why dentistry and tell me about yourself etc.

I'm a current D1 at Maryland (Class of 2016). So I'm fresh off the appilcation process. Let me know if any of you have questions![/QUOTE
did you find the maryland interview to be stressful? did they ask any off base questions or just the basic why dentistry and tell me about yourself etc.

I did not think the interview was stressful. You are in a room with a student (usually a D4) and a faculty member. They ask you the normal questions (why dentsitry, what can you bring to the profession, etc.) But it can also get specific about you. I recall them asking me to elaborate about my previous dental experiences. Just be yourself. Their main goal is that you are passionate about dentistry and more imporantly, personable; that can generate a quality conversation with people. It was also real quick. Mine was around 10-15mins if I can recall. Let me know if you have anymore questions!

Interview scheduled for 10/30 :)

Notification date: 10/02 Tu

Last edited:
I am waiting to hear back from Maryland too.. was just wondering if you don't mind sharing, what is included in the supplemental app?

I am waiting to hear back from Maryland too.. was just wondering if you don't mind sharing, what is included in the supplemental app?

personal info, family info, residency, prereq courses (course number, when you took them), WHY DENTISTRY (only 1000 characters) thought 1000 characters were a lot and I had to cut a lot of stuff out after I was done writing the first draft LOL

they ask you to upload a 2x2 picture

optional video

that's all :) it wasn't bad at all. Good luck :xf::xf: and hope you hear from them soon :) keep us updated!

Most of that is included in the AADSAS app.. my whole personal statement is basically why dentistry but ok thanks so much!! Good luck to you too!!

Most of that is included in the AADSAS app.. my whole personal statement is basically why dentistry but ok thanks so much!! Good luck to you too!!

yeah it is. it's a bit redundant I feel.. but that's what they asked for :)

Got an interview offer today for October 17th super exicted!!!!!

i am OOS

WOOT!!! see you there!!! Looking at everyone's stats and ec's I'm so honored to be part of this group!

I did the video for the supplemental. It ran 2:13 hopefully, I wont get penalized for those 13 seconds.

Does anyone know what the acceptance rate is?

How many people did the optional video?

I didn't do the video... I wanted to get the supplemental in asap. But they say that if you choose not to submit one in the email, that it will not affect your chances either way.

Got a UMD secondary today. Does this mean an interview is coming...? Ehhhhhh?

Me too.

Are we going to get Pre-Dec invites?

I am really hoping so. I seen an 11/7 interview on 10/9 so doubt November is full yet.:xf: I already submitted it. Did you opt for the video?

Last edited:
I am really hoping so. I seen an 11/7 interview on 10/9 so doubt November is full yet.:xf: I already submitted it. Did you opt for the video?

Nope. I make better first impressions in person.

I think its a good idea to upload the video, they very much insisted during my interview on Oct 2. don't worry about first impression, If you have received the secondary application that means you will receive an interview.

Last edited:
I think its a good idea to upload the video, they very much insisted during my interview on Oct 2. don't worry about first impression, I you have received the secondary application that means you will receive an interview.

Thanks! I was thinking of adding one later, just wanted to get it in fast. Do you know if we can upload the video up to our interview date?

Good news. it will be pre-dec! :D I got 11/7 and 11/13 is open too.

Nice!

Thank you for the recommendation Alfa1! I guess I better learn how to upload videos onto Youtube!

I uploaded mine after the interview. You can upload it whenever, but you should do it as soon as possible.

Nice!

Thank you for the recommendation Alfa1! I guess I better learn how to upload videos onto Youtube!

Your welcome. It doesn't have to be uploaded on Youtube, I just uploaded the file on the secondary application page.

Your welcome. It doesn't have to be uploaded on Youtube, I just uploaded the file on the secondary application page.

We can submit the video after the interview? That seems more effective as the school and I'll have gotten to know each other better. :D

We can submit the video after the interview? That seems more effective as the school and I'll have gotten to know each other better. :D

Yes, you can upload it after the interview.

Is Maryland done handing out pre-december interviews?