***The Official Univ, of Maryland Class of 2017 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Wow, I feel like this thread is dead. Is anyone else checking this other than me?? I interviewed with Maryland on 12/11 and I STILL have not heard anything from them:( What gives? At this point,I would like ANY type of response...Accepted, Rejected, Waitlisted...anything, so I can put this behind me and move on with my life. I interviewed with Temple and they gave me an acceptance within 3 days. Other schools have also contacted in some form as to if I have been accepted, waitlisted, etc. Why can't the UMB admissions office be more straight forward about this, instead of giving those generic and vague responses when you call?

Is there anyone out there who received acceptance from UMB after the Dec 3rd, when the first batch of acceptances went out? Just dying of curiosity.

Members don't see this ad.

Wow, I feel like this thread is dead. Is anyone else checking this other than me?? I interviewed with Maryland on 12/11 and I STILL have not heard anything from them:( What gives? At this point,I would like ANY type of response...Accepted, Rejected, Waitlisted...anything, so I can put this behind me and move on with my life. I interviewed with Temple and they gave me an acceptance within 3 days. Other schools have also contacted in some form as to if I have been accepted, waitlisted, etc. Why can't the UMB admissions office be more straight forward about this, instead of giving those generic and vague responses when you call?

Is there anyone out there who received acceptance from UMB after the Dec 3rd, when the first batch of acceptances went out? Just dying of curiosity.

I know this isn't any consolation but I interviewed at the beginning of November and haven't heard a thing...

Members don't see this ad :)
I am also still waiting to hear from Maryland. When I interviewed Dec. 11th, Dr. Meehan said the next round of acceptances would be middle/end of January. Has anyone heard differently?

UMB admissions' process is going through several changes because of poorly designed admissions' process by Dr. Meehan. You will hear back from them in March when waiting list starts coming. UMB has a habit of putting many students on the wait-list. Don't pin hopes for this school and its not the greatest school. Trust me. I am currently D3 student here.

I have a friend who is a D3 at Maryland and have met several others. Their experiences have been positive and they are genuinely excited about potentially having me as a classmate. Based on your previous posts sun228, I thought you applied this cycle.

sun: You know people on sdn can see your previous posts? You are not a D3 but at the same time I'm not sure why you'd lie about it. The internet is full of interesting people!

I declined my acceptance at UMB so hopefully that is one more for you guys still waiting on it!

I interviewed 11/13 and I haven't heard anything yet. Holding out hope...

I am also still waiting to hear from Maryland. When I interviewed Dec. 11th, Dr. Meehan said the next round of acceptances would be middle/end of January. Has anyone heard differently?

I have a friend who is a D3 at Maryland and have met several others. Their experiences have been positive and they are genuinely excited about potentially having me as a classmate. Based on your previous posts sun228, I thought you applied this cycle.

Hey that's what I heard also! That's why I'm thinking some people were accepted after Jan but they just aren't a SDN member or haven't bothered to post their acceptances...I know Temple will be a great school, but UMB is still my number 1 choice since it will be in state for me. I don't think i can wait until MARCH to receive a response! Ughhh:mad:

I know this isn't any consolation but I interviewed at the beginning of November and haven't heard a thing...

mdb, good luck to us then:oops: Have you received any other schools? Is Maryland your first choice and are you in state?

sun: You know people on sdn can see your previous posts? You are not a D3 but at the same time I'm not sure why you'd lie about it. The internet is full of interesting people!

I declined my acceptance at UMB so hopefully that is one more for you guys still waiting on it!

Whoa, are you serious?? Some people ARE interesting to say the least...maybe sun wanted to deterr some of us from being interested in UMB so that he increases his own odds of getting in? Hey mooooo, what other school/schools have you been accepted into, and what was your reason for declining UMB? Just curious. Thanks!:)

Loved UMB (their technology was.. unmatched) but was accepted to both of the California state schools which appealed more to me than Baltimore.

I got accepted to UB and Nova, and will be going to UB. Really wanted to hear back from UMB though! Goodluck to you though! :)

Thanks for the response guys. Whew! It makes me feel a little better that I'm not alone in this waiting game. I wish all of you luck in this professional journey!:D

Anyone still on the "waiting for decision/File under review" in the web portal? I haven't heard anything about an interview but I was emailed yesterday that my file was updated with a new DAT score from December. But I have not been rejected yet so I'm still alive.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys. I have been stalking the Official Facebook page for Maryland, Class of 2017. Yes, it's pretty sad, really, LOL! And I noticed that there are about "90" ish members currently...which means there are only about 20 to 30 seats left by now. Does this even sound right? Does this mean that majority of the seats have been filled when the first round of acceptances went out on Dec 3rd?? Aaaaaaahhh. Patience is NOT my virtue for sure.

the fb group im part of at another school is filled with alot of first or second years. so the number of members is not always number accepted

I am out of state, submitted my secondary yesterday and was invited for an interview today!

I've been keeping contact with a lot of people I've met at my interviews and it seems like UMD has been sending out acceptances on a rolling basis and has done so rather quickly. An individual I met during my Temple interview (1/17) interviewed at UMD on 1/15 and found out last Thursday (1/24). I also interviewed at UMD on 1/22 and met someone from my group who already gained acceptance last Thursday (1/24) which I unfortunately found out at our interview day at Tufts (1/28). Seems like they are grabbing the people they want within a week, which is super unfortunate as I truly fell in love with the school. I'll be hoping for something by the end of this week as I uploaded the optional video after my interview, but it may seem I'll have to go with another school. Hope that helps clarify what UMD has been doing and I wish the best of luck to everyone.

Also, take the FB group numbers with a grain of salt. A fair amount of applicants I would imagine do not have FB or have chosen to deactivated it during the process. There may be many more who have potentially been accepted, but have not joined a FB group.

***Edit - Nice catch mdb6476 with the UM and UMD difference! Meant to refer to UMD.

Last edited:
I've been keeping contact with a lot of people I've met at my interviews and it seems like UM has been sending out acceptances on a rolling basis and has done so rather quickly. An individual I met during my Temple interview (1/17) interviewed at UM on 1/15 and found out last Thursday (1/24). I also interviewed at UM on 1/22 and met someone from my group who already gained acceptance last Thursday (1/24) which I unfortunately found out at our interview day at Tufts (1/28). Seems like they are grabbing the people they want within a week, which is super unfortunate as I truly fell in love with the school. I'll be hoping for something by the end of this week as I uploaded the optional video after my interview, but it may seem I'll have to go with another school. Hope that helps clarify what UM has been doing and wish the best of luck to everyone.

Also, take the FB group numbers with a grain of salt. A fair amount of applicants I would imagine do not have FB or have chosen to deactivated it during the process. There may be many more who have potentially been accepted, but have not joined a FB group.

Just want to make sure you are referring to the University of Maryland (UMD) I always interpret UM as University of Michigan. Thanks.

I've been keeping contact with a lot of people I've met at my interviews and it seems like UMD has been sending out acceptances on a rolling basis and has done so rather quickly. An individual I met during my Temple interview (1/17) interviewed at UMD on 1/15 and found out last Thursday (1/24). I also interviewed at UMD on 1/22 and met someone from my group who already gained acceptance last Thursday (1/24) which I unfortunately found out at our interview day at Tufts (1/28). Seems like they are grabbing the people they want within a week, which is super unfortunate as I truly fell in love with the school. I'll be hoping for something by the end of this week as I uploaded the optional video after my interview, but it may seem I'll have to go with another school. Hope that helps clarify what UMD has been doing and I wish the best of luck to everyone.

***Edit - Nice catch mdb6476 with the UM and UMD difference! Meant to refer to UMD.

Hi Cleary,
Thank you so much for this post, as it has been perhaps the most clarifying information on the admission process of Maryland. I know other students, including myself have been waiting and searching for any information on this both on this site and through other students whom we know personally. I guess there isn't much we can do but keep up hope since this admission process is still not over with Maryland. Again, thank you!:)

Most depressing news ever.

My ADA file has said Under Review for the pass month, do you guys know the latest dates they'll give out interviews until? Is it March?

Most depressing news ever.

Yea, I'm definitely with you. I still have some hope because I stated in the supplement that I was going to provide a video after the interview and wasn't able to upload it until late on Wednesday (1/23). It seems that they review applications on Wednesday, or even Thursday and then send the acceptances out Thursday afternoon. Hopefully some of us hear back with good news tomorrow. I was told when I interviewed to wait about a week before expecting news, but that wasn't exactly the case for the gal who got accepted two days after my interview date.

For those of you who are awaiting review and interviewed earlier, I wouldn't fret just yet. There are definitely still some seats open and a whole waiting list. Getting in is still very much a possibility!

Just checked my e-mails and got a lovely surprise from Maryland! Finally accepted after the most stressful week of waiting I have ever had. Definitely the biggest surprise throughout the entire application process and will almost 100% be attending!

I called to check my status earlier today and was told I was still under consideration and then shortly received the e-mail. I do not know if it was a coincidence or if it actually helped out my cause, but might be worth a shot for those who are super anxious like myself.

I hope everyone else hears something soon and ultimately gets what they have worked so hard for.

Just checked my e-mails and got a lovely surprise from Maryland! Finally accepted after the most stressful week of waiting I have ever had. Definitely the biggest surprise throughout the entire application process and will almost 100% be attending!

I called to check my status earlier today and was told I was still under consideration and then shortly received the e-mail. I do not know if it was a coincidence or if it actually helped out my cause, but might be worth a shot for those who are super anxious like myself.

I hope everyone else hears something soon and ultimately gets what they have worked so hard for.

Congrats! Mind if I ask if you're in-state or out of state?

Wow, my hearfelt congrats! But I cannot help but feel even more depressed since it seems that my odds of getting in is getting smaller each week:( I have called them already over a week ago, and they said the same thing..."if you haven't heard anything, that means you are still under consideration." I think they say the same thing to everyone who calls the office. Hey Cleary, what was you stats like, if you don't mind me asking. Thanks so much.

Wow, my hearfelt congrats! But I cannot help but feel even more depressed since it seems that my odds of getting in is getting smaller each week:( I have called them already over a week ago, and they said the same thing..."if you haven't heard anything, that means you are still under consideration." I think they say the same thing to everyone who calls the office. Hey Cleary, what was you stats like, if you don't mind me asking. Thanks so much.

Yea sure, I have no problem with that.

cGPA 3.46 and sGPA 3.38 while majoring in Biology
DAT: AA 20 TS 19 BIO 20 GC 19 OC 17 RC 24 GR 19 and PA 20.

My numbers aren't the greatest. However, I feel my application is incredibly well rounded and that my personal statement and committee letter have been the brightest spots on my application. My personal statement has sparked a ton of interest among those who I have interviewed with and has played a tremendous role in my success. If you want to know more, feel free to PM me and I'll happily reply back. Hope that helps explain my situation and I really do wish you the best of luck.

Got the secondary app today. My app went under review way back in the beginning of September so I had long lost hope of hearing anything from UMB which was a definite top choice for me!! :rolleyes:
Idk if Ill go to the interview because I already have deposits down at two other schools :smack:
I basically just about made a decision, but now Im debating, I mean I LOVED UMB when I visted over the summer :confused:

OOS applicant
s/o gpa ~ 3.8/3.8
dat ~ 19/19/19

Just got an invite today with the supplemental. I probably will decline. I am OOS and my app was in on Sept 28th.

Hey, did anyone receive acceptances this week? Meaning either Thur (2/7) or Fri (2/8)? As someone pointed out earlier, it seems that the trend is they send out acceptances either on Thur's or Fri's. Still waiting what it seems like forever on my end.

Long time lurker, first time poster. Received a secondary app a few days ago and will be interviewing 2/27. They had scheduled me for 2/19, but I couldn't make it that day :( , hopefully won't make much of a difference. I applied really late in the cycle and UMD is the first I've heard from.

Last edited:
I got a request for the second application on Thursday and I submitted it on Sunday. (I uploaded the 2 minute video.) I got an invitation on Monday morning. It was fast after 6 months of waiting! I am so excited!

Does anyone have advice for the interview?

I hope you all have good news soon!

Stats: in-state, GPA:3.83, DAT: 20 AA, 21 TS, 21 PAT

Your stats are awesome and you seem to be in good shape.

My advice, just be yourself. It was a difficult interview; they'll ask you tough questions that may or may not be specifically related to your file, but if you want more details, message me, as I would be happy to help out. During my interview it started out relatively normal, but quickly turned into a conversation. I'd say I talked about my file/dentistry from about 10-15 minutes during the interview and then talked about sports, Baltimore versus Boston, Australia, and many other random things for about 15-20 minutes. It became really relaxed towards the end. You've made it this far, which means they ARE interested, so keep that in the back of your head when you prep for the interview.

As for the class being full or not; I know that when I interviewed on 1/22 Dr. Meehan had mentioned that it was "pretty full, but there were still seats avaliable." Not to sure how many acceptances have been handed out, but it would seem there aren't too many spots open, but at least a few left. You'd have to ask someone who interviewed the past week.

Good luck!

Your stats are awesome and you seem to be in good shape.

My advice, just be yourself. It was a difficult interview; they'll ask you tough questions that may or may not be specifically related to your file, but if you want more details, message me, as I would be happy to help out. During my interview it started out relatively normal, but quickly turned into a conversation. I'd say I talked about my file/dentistry from about 10-15 minutes during the interview and then talked about sports, Baltimore versus Boston, Australia, and many other random things for about 15-20 minutes. It became really relaxed towards the end. You've made it this far, which means they ARE interested, so keep that in the back of your head when you prep for the interview.

As for the class being full or not; I know that when I interviewed on 1/22 Dr. Meehan had mentioned that it was "pretty full, but there were still seats avaliable." Not to sure how many acceptances have been handed out, but it would seem there aren't too many spots open, but at least a few left. You'd have to ask someone who interviewed the past week.

Good luck!
Hi cleary21191,

I would like to ask more via PM but I was not able to find your email. Can you send me a PM or tell me your email? Just in case, my e-mail is [email protected]

I was just emailed the supplemental application, does that mean I will get an interview invitation?

I was just emailed the supplemental application, does that mean I will get an interview invitation?

Should get an interview in a day or so inviting you to interview. Congrats!

On a side not, I didn't realize/cannot believe how late UMB interviews! I figured for sure that they would be done by the end of January given their reputation and the quality of applicants they attract.

is interview invite via phone call? i also received 2ndary app today.

You should receive an email once you turn in the secondary. GOOD LUCK!

Maybe almost but it is not finished yet. I got an interview on 2/19.
I have an interview for 2/19 as well. Coming from NY to Baltimore on monday night beforehand if anyone wants to hang out/check out the city with me!

Just called the admissions office, I was told the last interviews are conducted around mid March but those dates are not yet filled. Fingers crossed for an invite! :xf:

How long did it take for people to hear back after the interview?

If its been more than three weeks is it a bad sign/ is there anything to do about it?