-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
***The Official Alabama Class of 2017 Interview/Acceptance Thread***
Started by tracy123
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I interview the 31st well, see you there!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
@mimi13 thats awesome Im like super nervous b/c the interview is on the same day that my father passed away. I think it's kind of wierd but im probably going to be nervous either way lol I hope they don't drill with crazy questions and im oos as well. I wonder how many oos students they accept especially because their class size is b/w 57-60 students?
the acceptance/interview information from DocToothache's spreadsheet (2010 or 2010 i think) says for OOS, they interviewed 41, accepted 23, and usually 8-10 people wind up enrolling. which is pretty good for an OOS I think. like GsuDent says, the odds would def be in your favor in you're a.) URM and b.) from GA/TN/FL
of course at the end of the day, it's about beasting your interview.
of course at the end of the day, it's about beasting your interview.
It really isn't an interview to be nervous about. Dr. Filler is really nice, and the questions were really laid back. Good luck!@mimi13 thats awesome Im like super nervous b/c the interview is on the same day that my father passed away. I think it's kind of wierd but im probably going to be nervous either way lol I hope they don't drill with crazy questions and im oos as well. I wonder how many oos students they accept especially because their class size is b/w 57-60 students?
the acceptance/interview information from DocToothache's spreadsheet (2010 or 2010 i think) says for OOS, they interviewed 41, accepted 23, and usually 8-10 people wind up enrolling. which is pretty good for an OOS I think. like GsuDent says, the odds would def be in your favor in you're a.) URM and b.) from GA/TN/FL
of course at the end of the day, it's about beasting your interview.
Well, I am from GA and im considered an URM however, I think I did okay on my DAT. I like this school as well as UT health science center. I just think it's kind of wierd the # of oos most of these schools accept.
Just Got an Interview for November 7th! Anyone else?
I just finished my interview this morning. i am from GA.they are really nice. they just want to know you. there is no tricky question. they even let you know what kind of questions they are gonna ask. "tell me about yourself" is my first question.
I just finished my interview this morning. i am from GA.they are really nice. they just want to know you. there is no tricky question. they even let you know what kind of questions they are gonna ask. "tell me about yourself" is my first question.
Well this makes me feel better b/c im super nervous for some reason. IDk maybe b/c this is my #1 choice out of the 4 schools that I have interviews at!

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats! I'm OOS and waiting patiently. Won't give up on UAB. They're definitely my #1 choice!
You will be "JBFutureDMD" in that case!!! 😉
Got the call at 8:13 yesterday! I'm so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
There is a FB group called UAB School of Dentistry Class of 2017
Hey man,I cant find it. can u double check the name of this group
try this link:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/uabsodclassof2017/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/uabsodclassof2017/
Anyone else hear anything since the 3rd?
Anyone heard anything since the 1st round acceptances in December? I am figuring they will release 2nd round offers pretty soon after looking at previous years' forum activity. Anyone know anything I don't???? 🙂
I got the call of my life today at 10:48 from Dr. Filler (missed the first three calls). Accepted off the in-state alternate list! God is good.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 43
- Views
- 14K
- Replies
- 27
- Views
- 10K
- Replies
- 65
- Views
- 20K