Conditional acceptance background check email without acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pink1017

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I got this email about a background check today and I'm so confused! I'm still waiting to hear back from most of my schools but I haven't even received an interview from anywhere yet. Is it possible to get an acceptance without an interview? Should I pay for the background check or does it not mean anything? This is what the email said:

You have received this email because you have been conditionally accepted by one or more of the schools participating in the ADEA-facilitated program for performing criminal background checks on conditionally accepted applicants. Please note that the requesting school will be notified if consent is not provided, and that failure to provide consent may result in failing to meet the requesting school`s admissions requirements.

And then it gave me the link and code to put in.

Members don't see this ad.

So I got this email about a background check today and I'm so confused! I'm still waiting to hear back from most of my schools but I haven't even received an interview from anywhere yet. Is it possible to get an acceptance without an interview? Should I pay for the background check or does it not mean anything? This is what the email said:

You have received this email because you have been conditionally accepted by one or more of the schools participating in the ADEA-facilitated program for performing criminal background checks on conditionally accepted applicants. Please note that the requesting school will be notified if consent is not provided, and that failure to provide consent may result in failing to meet the requesting school`s admissions requirements.

I'm on the same boat with ya. If I do this, and my bg check is fine, does that mean I'm accepted?

Last edited:

@pink1017 I am in the same boat, I haven't received any invitations for an interview yet, but according to ADEA, they said that the school(s) may be very interested in me, and perhaps want to initiate the next step of inviting me to an interview. You can call them and find out what schools are interested in you, to see if it might be worth it to you to go ahead and do this background check: (800) 803-9582. Hope that helps!

Members don't see this ad :)
I really hope so!! When you called did they tell you what schools it was for? I tried calling but they said they couldn't tell me.

I got this email too! But I got accepted to my top school already, what do guys think?!
Thanks

I really hope so!! When you called did they tell you what schools it was for? I tried calling but they said they couldn't tell me.
I called, and they did tell me! Try calling (888) 291-1369.

I checked my email a few hours later, a school sent me an email saying the request for a background check was sent in error and to disregard :'( what a tease!

Last edited:
I got this email too! But I got accepted to my top school already, what do guys think?!
Thanks
If the school you got accepted to requires this, you should probably do it! If not or unsure, maybe call that school to double check with them if it's necessary :)