Should one reply to the acceptance email?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yorta

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
After receiving an acceptance email, should one just accept the offer in the online portal and then pay the deposit, or should he also reply to the email? What is the norm?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
The online portal acceptance and deposit is perfectly acceptable, it holds your spot. Out of courtesy I'd also send them a thank you email. Welcome to the profession!

Reactions: 1 users
Of course you should reply and thank them!
Of course!
Even if you decline, you reply and thank them.
What kind of question is this?
Someone help you in making your dream come true and you don't even say oh thanks!

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
Of course you should reply and thank them!
Of course!
Even if you decline, you reply and thank them.
What kind of question is this?
Someone help you in making your dream come true and you don't even say oh thanks!
I just didn't know whether the email was sent by an automated system or a real person. Thank you for your wise and kind advice.

I just didn't know whether the email was sent by an automated system or a real person. Thank you for your wise and kind advice.
Usually if the email address says "do-not-reply", it is automated. :) Of course, the technology is a little more sophisticated that it really doesn't matter... it gets to a human eventually.