0-6 Pharmacy schools Chance??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kyun99

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello! I am a HS senior in the US interested in applying to 0-6 pharmacy programs. I've already read tons of articles about job prospects and all, but I've always wanted to be a pharmacist and so...why not. (I will apply to other schools too, ofc, to keep my options open). Although I do want to work in retail, I also want to work @ pharmaceutical companies or cosmetic companies (in my home country, hopefully).

I'm thinking of applying to URI, St.John's, Rutgers, and UoP(altho it's a 2+3/3+3 program, not a 0-6...it's near home so moght as well apply). I scored a 1510 (out of 1600) on the new SAT (720 EBRW, 790 Math), and have a 3.8 unweighted / 4.0 weighted GPA (my gpa is not that good; rly competitive HS in the bay area :( ) Took 4 SAT subject tests and scored in the 700s in three of them, 800 in one of them. I have decent EC's but none of them are related to pharmacy... Do I have a decent chance to 0-6 schools??

Thank you so much in advance :)

Members don't see this ad.

Avoid 0-6 schools, find a school that will let you do two years of prereqs as a prepharm/premed and apply to their 4 year program. You want to keep all of your options open with pharmacy going the way it is. Also do not go to pharmacy school until you've worked in a retail pharmacy. A lot of people turn away from the pharmacy track after working in a retail pharmacy.

Reactions: 1 user
Hello! I am a HS senior in the US interested in applying to 0-6 pharmacy programs. I've already read tons of articles about job prospects and all, but I've always wanted to be a pharmacist and so...why not. (I will apply to other schools too, ofc, to keep my options open). Although I do want to work in retail, I also want to work @ pharmaceutical companies or cosmetic companies (in my home country, hopefully).

I'm thinking of applying to URI, St.John's, Rutgers, and UoP(altho it's a 2+3/3+3 program, not a 0-6...it's near home so moght as well apply). I scored a 1510 (out of 1600) on the new SAT (720 EBRW, 790 Math), and have a 3.8 unweighted / 4.0 weighted GPA (my gpa is not that good; rly competitive HS in the bay area :( ) Took 4 SAT subject tests and scored in the 700s in three of them, 800 in one of them. I have decent EC's but none of them are related to pharmacy... Do I have a decent chance to 0-6 schools??

Thank you so much in advance :)

You are definitely more than qualified to apply to many pharmacy schools, do so and do so ASAP, keep your options open, definitely do the 2 year pre med/ pre-req then 3-4 year pharmacy or other med course like Gombrich states. Definitely use the ECS and your great score to your advantage for scholarships and on your resume. 100% apply for a job in a retail position (nationwide retailer so you can transfer if need be) I work for the big red W currently as a Cpht. and am fortunate enough to have great benefits, ability to transfer anywhere (depending on if area needs help) and have been doing so since junior year in high school. Have had great experience with the ups and downs of retail and hospital as well. Finally, apply(jobs, scholarship, and schools). Explore your options, gain experience, I did not do this in my senior year and regret it hope this helps.