0-6 vs 2+4 vs 4+4 Which Is Your Preference?

Started by LGM
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LGM

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just random thought. I was accepted to St. John's 0-6 program during my hs senior year, about a decade ago. I really wanted to commence the Pharm D. program but had to give up cuz of family issues. Now I'm pursuing a totally different profession but all of sudden, I recalled my old memories of dreaming about being a pharmacist and came up with the thinkings about different Pharm D programs. I know the difference of the application processes of 0-6, 2+4, and 4+4 programs but really don't know what's their differences as the life of a pharmacist. What's the difference and which is your preference, for what reason?

Just random curiosity.
 
Just random thought. I was accepted to St. John's 0-6 program during my hs senior year, about a decade ago. I really wanted to commence the Pharm D. program but had to give up cuz of family issues. Now I'm pursuing a totally different profession but all of sudden, I recalled my old memories of dreaming about being a pharmacist and came up with the thinkings about different Pharm D programs. I know the difference of the application processes of 0-6, 2+4, and 4+4 programs but really don't know what's their differences as the life of a pharmacist. What's the difference and which is your preference, for what reason?

Just random curiosity.

Not sure if I understand correctly: your curious how each form of study (culture wise) is different up to obtaining a PharmD or which pathway molds you to an easier transition as a pharmacist?

For the molding portion one isn’t necessarily better than another in the end a degree is a degree. These days though many will tell you look at total cost. Whichever pathway is cheaper go that route. You’d think an 0-6 is cheapest but that’s not always the case.

I’d go cheapest, regionally accredited, and INTERN as much as possible to build relationships because of the higher importance of networking in a saturated career. Whichever pathway provides that is what I’d do to save my wallet and my willingness to handle any debt-to-income ratio.
 
Personally I would say 0+6 would be the best in terms of someone who is dead set on Pharmacy. 4+4 doesn't make much sense to me in a time/money/outcome sense but I won't go into that. I'm personally doing a 2+4, but with the benefits of the program at the university I'm attending it might as well be a 0+6. (undergrads in the pre-pharm major are guaranteed an interview and the requirement of the PCAT is waived as long as a 3.2 GPA is maintained).
 
Status
Not open for further replies.