Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey,
Like many other interns, my loans are about to enter repayment.
Unfortunately I did learn of the consolidating right after graduation so you can truthfully declare $0 income trick until it was too late.
I filed taxes last year and my AGI is $0. When I go through with the IBR application, it asks if our income has significantly increased or decreased now. I called my servicer and unfortunately they have to estimate it from my paystub and gave me an estimate of $400/month payments (higher than average income due to being in an extremely high COL area)
Anyone else in a similar position? Anyone checking if their income has not significantly changed? I’ve searched and there doesn’t seem to be a clear consensus.
The $400/month will make my life living hell but if it will avoid capitalization I may have to do it.
Like many other interns, my loans are about to enter repayment.
Unfortunately I did learn of the consolidating right after graduation so you can truthfully declare $0 income trick until it was too late.
I filed taxes last year and my AGI is $0. When I go through with the IBR application, it asks if our income has significantly increased or decreased now. I called my servicer and unfortunately they have to estimate it from my paystub and gave me an estimate of $400/month payments (higher than average income due to being in an extremely high COL area)
Anyone else in a similar position? Anyone checking if their income has not significantly changed? I’ve searched and there doesn’t seem to be a clear consensus.
The $400/month will make my life living hell but if it will avoid capitalization I may have to do it.