0

Started by deleted1132405
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Hey guys, so I'm a medical student currently using the Army HPSP scholarship.

I'm interested in algorithmic coding of battlefield stimulations to create new devices to assist soldiers in combat missions. This is NOT medically related, but it has been my interest for awhile. If I pursue this research in medical school along with some medically-related research, how does this look to RPDs when applying for military residencies?

Would you guys recommend me pursue this type of research or not? Pros/Cons? Thanks in advance

Do research in something that you find interesting and invigorating. It will show in how you talk about it.

While there are probably some dissenters, research in applications is more about someone having done research and understanding what it takes to do proper research and being able to apply those skills to their future than it is what the research was actually about.
 
Hey guys, so I'm a medical student currently using the Army HPSP scholarship.

I'm interested in algorithmic coding of battlefield stimulations to create new devices to assist soldiers in combat missions. This is NOT medically related, but it has been my interest for awhile. If I pursue this research in medical school along with some medically-related research, how does this look to RPDs when applying for military residencies?

Would you guys recommend me pursue this type of research or not? Pros/Cons? Thanks in advance
It wouldn't be hard to put some 'medical' bent on it. Simulation is big right now, if you can code battlefield sims, you can code medical scenarios and look at things like time to medevac, distance to higher care, etc etc.