1 bad year long ago and GPA

Started by deleted1129372
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

D

deleted1129372

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do I need to explain anything?

BCPM: 3.95 | 60 hours (2018-2021)
cGPA: 3.72 | 192 hours
AO: 3.63 | 132 hours
AO trend (high school - post bacc): 4.0, 3.59, 3.63, 3.57, 3.10, 3.85 (2013 and earlier)

Would the 3.10 my senior year catch a reviewer’s eye? Would the 4 Ws and 1 incomplete to C from that year? This was >10 years ago. I didn’t feel the need to draw attention to it on my first app. I graduated with a 3.5x, dragged down mostly by foreign language courses I enjoyed, but wasn’t very good at.

My BCPM also has two incompletes that became As. Two different issues. Again, I didn’t feel the need to point these out. If I need to, I can explain each in a simple sentence.

Also, when making a school list, do I need to consider any GPA other than cGPA and sGPA?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Do I need to explain anything?

BCPM: 3.95 | 60 hours (2018-2021)
cGPA: 3.72 | 192 hours
AO: 3.63 | 132 hours
AO trend (high school - post bacc): 4.0, 3.59, 3.63, 3.57, 3.10, 3.85 (2013 and earlier)

Would the 3.10 my senior year catch a reviewer’s eye? Would the 4 Ws and 1 incomplete to C from that year? This was >10 years ago. I didn’t feel the need to draw attention to it on my first app. I graduated with a 3.5x, dragged down mostly by foreign language courses I enjoyed, but wasn’t very good at.

My BCPM also has two incompletes that became As. Two different issues. Again, I didn’t feel the need to point these out. If I need to, I can explain each in a simple sentence.

Also, when making a school list, do I need to consider any GPA other than cGPA and sGPA?
BCPM: 3.95 | 60 hours (2018-2021)

That's what counts!

2013 was 9 years ago. Whatever happened then, the bolded above makes up for it.

Just be prepared to explain what happened.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you! It doesn’t bother me and it’s easily explained. Just wanted to check my judgment because I made a couple of poor decisions last cycle!