1 Month out study plan, terrified

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TexasPostBaccPreMed

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I know this has probably been answered many times, but I need some serious help planning out my next month. I'm testing September 19th (one month out) and aside from a few super easy classes that start this week which I'll basically be ignoring until after my MCAT, I will be studying full time until then.

I'm done with content review (thoroughly studied all Kaplan books except the CARS one) aside from getting through the KA 300 page document. I've taken two Kaplan FLs, the Kaplan diagnostic, and some of the individual section tests from Kaplan that I had access to. I've done the entire Kaplan CARS QBank and all the Kahn Academy CARS passages. That's it. Not ideal but I have a month to get through all AAMC material. Is this possible or am I screwed?

Any recommendations for the order that I should go through the AAMC materials and when exactly should I take the AAMC full lengths?

Lastly, how long does it take to get through the 300 pg. document?! Thank you guys!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys, I know this has probably been answered many times, but I need some serious help planning out my next month. I'm testing September 19th (one month out) and aside from a few super easy classes that start this week which I'll basically be ignoring until after my MCAT, I will be studying full time until then.

I'm done with content review (thoroughly studied all Kaplan books except the CARS one) aside from getting through the KA 300 page document. I've taken two Kaplan FLs, the Kaplan diagnostic, and some of the individual section tests from Kaplan that I had access to. I've done the entire Kaplan CARS QBank and all the Kahn Academy CARS passages. That's it. Not ideal but I have a month to get through all AAMC material. Is this possible or am I screwed?

Any recommendations for the order that I should go through the AAMC materials and when exactly should I take the AAMC full lengths?

Lastly, how long does it take to get through the 300 pg. document?! Thank you guys!
All you need is a month to focus on the AAMC material. You can easily complete it in that time. I really only focused on the AAMC material one month out from my MCAT and content reviewed the stuff I got wrong and very important concepts to have mastered. You should definitely take AAMC's FL1-3, with FL3 taken around 4-5 days before the real deal! Try to maybe take one FL per week. Also, the q-bank material from AAMC is easy (do not get into a false sense of security), so maybe start with those to make sure you have the basics down. Then move on to the representative section bank material--this will be more like the actual exam!

All you need is a month to focus on the AAMC material. You can easily complete it in that time. I really only focused on the AAMC material one month out from my MCAT and content reviewed the stuff I got wrong and very important concepts to have mastered. You should definitely take AAMC's FL1-3, with FL3 taken around 4-5 days before the real deal! Try to maybe take one FL per week. Also, the q-bank material from AAMC is easy (do not get into a false sense of security), so maybe start with those to make sure you have the basics down. Then move on to the representative section bank material--this will be more like the actual exam!
Thank you so much!

I'm doing 7 exams in a month, but I have no other commitments, so I can study whole day. So the burn out depends on if you have any other commitments at this time

this is a schedule I have which can give you sufficient time to review your fl and strengthen your weaknesses:

Day 1: FL #1 + review exam
Day 2: re-review fl c/p section + do c/p questions (focus on weaknesses)
Day 3: re review fl bis section + do bis questions (focus on weaknesses)
Day 4: re-review fl psych section + do psych questions (focus on weaknesses)
Day 5: Fl #2

keep on repeating this until your test date. This will give you enough time for 7 fl exams + ample review of exams + practice questions/section banks in between.

idk why people think you HAVE to take 1 fl per week or else you will burn out. Maybe if you started taking fls during content review, you might burn out because you still have to learn a lot of material and have a lot of content gaps. But if you have already done all content review, you should just focus on practice every day.

This dude's study schedule consisted of doing a fl every other day and he scored in the 100 percentile and goes to a top Ivy League medical school:

you got plenty of time for practice still. Don't believe the burnout hype and do what works best for you. If thats 1 exam per week, do that. if thats 2 exams a week, do that.

also it took me 2 days to go over the 300 pg document but I have a psych background

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user