PrincessDAT

Membership Revoked
Removed
Account on Hold
Apr 15, 2015
Status
Pre-Dental
Hi everyone,

I have only one month to study for the DAT! I was wondering if anyone has a good schedule to share that I can follow this month. I am looking for a schedule catered to students who plan to take the exam in one month... This is my second time taking that DAT, but I have not studied for it since last year.

Thank you so much for your advice.

orgoman22

DAT DESTROYER... Dr. Romano and Nancy
Lifetime Donor
Sponsor
Vendor
10+ Year Member
Mar 12, 2005
New York City
www.orgoman.com
Status
Non-Student
Hi everyone,

I have only one month to study for the DAT! I was wondering if anyone has a good schedule to share that I can follow this month. I am looking for a schedule catered to students who plan to take the exam in one month... This is my second time taking that DAT, but I have not studied for it since last year.

Thank you so much for your advice.
What did you score the first time you took the DAT and what is you science GPA?

WheatLom

2+ Year Member
Jul 6, 2016
Status
Pre-Dental
I have a schedule that can get you through it all in a month. Let me know if you want me to type it out!

WheatLom

2+ Year Member
Jul 6, 2016
Status
Pre-Dental
YES please! I would really appreciate your help
This is going to be a little more than I did when I studied, but you should expect about 4-5 hours a day.

When I say PAT practice, this means DAT Bootcamp generators 7 questions for each topic. Keyholes I will tell you when to do those, as there is a limited amount of them.
General Chemistry- You will need to find what you don't know and when I say GChem practice this means understand the math and the conceptual part of this topic.
Ochem- start from beginning, and go to the end. I prefer using a text book for this.

Day 1- Pat practice, spend 30 minutes. Break 15 minutes. Read Feralis Chapers 1-4. Take a 3 minute break in-between chapters. Before moving on the next chapter quickly skin the last one. GChem- watch youtube khan academy/consult text book. Ochem- basic chemistry, bonds, stability. learn all the pKa values. Pate practice.
****IMPORTANT PART HERE, at night you will watch videos from bozeman science on the following day's biology lectures. example tonight, chapters 5 and 6 videos on bozeman***

Day 2: PAT practice, Feralis 5,6. Continue Gchem review on a topic or 2 you don't know. Learn the trends of periodic table. Ochem: begin learning alkanes, alkenes, acid base chem. Review the reactions of alkenes a few times (don't spend a lot of time focusing on it, you are going to repeat the reviewing a lot!!! so you will catch on) PAT practice. bozeman

QR review focus

Day 3 - Bio next 2-3 chapters, Gchem, Organic next 2-3 chapters. Review the stability, and focus on learning the reactions, and stereochem. review pka.

day 4: review the past 3 days, PAT practice 2 times today. , QR review focus.. (take a little break) eat go outside enjoy life.

basically going to repeat these 4 days. until feralis and ochem are done. About 2 weeks total. sprinkle in some science articles to read to help get you reading faster and accurately. ( i finished 1000 pages of text book cause school in 3 weeks while studying for the DAT, so my reading was on point with speed and focus.

Start week 3.

Review what you don't know in feralis notes (reread the whole chapter). Review Chem, and work on memorizing Ochem reactions, conceptual concepts, and some synthesis practice. PAT practice 2 times a day. Begin practice tests. Make sure to know hormones, and tidbits across the subjects.

Week 4, Practice tests, then review them a few hours after you finish them. *****Take the practice exams at the time you are taking the DAT, this will help prepare you better*** Also, relax, exercise a little, review the harder stuff, and eat.

The goal of this schedule is repetition, especially with the bio videos the night before. This gives you about 3-5 time exposure through your review and study process. Ochem just review reactions every other day to see them so many times you know it. Don't need to spend tons of time reviewing the reactions, cause you'll look at them about 15 times by the end

Reactions: LuckBloodandSweat

orgoman22

Lifetime Donor
Sponsor
Vendor
10+ Year Member
Mar 12, 2005
New York City
www.orgoman.com
Status
Non-Student
Can you give your individual score breakdown, so I can help you with a plan,
when did you take DAT and what did you use to prepare? Your scores were a little low but you should be able to bring them up with some direction.

OP
P

PrincessDAT

Membership Revoked
Removed
Account on Hold
Apr 15, 2015
Status
Pre-Dental
when did you take DAT and what did you use to prepare? Your scores were a little low but you should be able to bring them up with some direction.
I took the DAT last year. I used Bootcamp, Chad, DAT Destroyer, and CrackDAT for the PAT section. I think mainly what went wrong is I was very nervous and did not use the materials the correct way...

Reactions: LuckBloodandSweat

orgoman22

Lifetime Donor
Sponsor
Vendor
10+ Year Member
Mar 12, 2005
New York City
www.orgoman.com
Status
Non-Student
I took the DAT last year. I used Bootcamp, Chad, DAT Destroyer, and CrackDAT for the PAT section. I think mainly what went wrong is I was very nervous and did not use the materials the correct way...
Ok, send me a pm and I can offer some advice.

LuckBloodandSweat

2+ Year Member
May 26, 2015
Status
Dental Student
You sound just like me. Check out what I did. I went from a 20 to 23. You did good on bio the first time at least! Consider using Genius and running through destroyer twice. It'll be insanely stressful but you can get through it.