1 question for my interview, that’s it

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

PREOPTODOC

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I recently interviewed at my dream school & I was only asked ONE question. And after answering it, the interviewer says “do you have any questions for me?”....I was expecting more questions!!

I am really disappointed, as I got waitlisted!! Is this at all common to base it on ONE question?
 
Really?? That's odd. What did you guys talk about? Was it a professor or admissions committee?

Honestly I would be disappointed too if that happened to me. Especially since a lot of people travel really far for these interviews.
 
It was an elderly professor who interviewed me. He just said: “tell me about you”, and so I just did my 3 minute intro about why I want to pursue Optometry. And then the rest of the time was me asking the professor the questions. Yeah I was really sad!
 
Which school was this, if you don’t mind me asking? I also felt my interview was short and then ended up being put on standby after two weeks.