#1 Rank: do you tell them they are #1?

Started by flower12
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

flower12

Junior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Strategically, is there any advantage--or disadvantage--to tell your #1 program that you are ranking them #1? I'd like to hear your ideas on this.

Thanks.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hi everyone I was just wondering who should I tell about my ranking there program first, Director, residents, attendings, program coordinator........
 
luvalotapath said:
hi everyone I was just wondering who should I tell about my ranking there program first, Director, residents, attendings, program coordinator........

You should tell the program director. Better hurry though, I bet many programs have alread completed their rank lists and those that haven't will be done very soon. After rank lists are finalized there isn't much point telling them anything...