1 year of English requirement (UCSD)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DiamondBar

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Before freshman year, I got credit for a beginning writing class from SAT Writing and AP Rhet credit. During my freshman year, I took Muir 40, and Muir 50 (the two writing classes that my college requires).

Does the credit I got for the beginning writing class count towards the 1year requirement?

I tried the search engine, but did not get anything similar to this. Please let me know! Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Before freshman year, I got credit for a beginning writing class from SAT Writing and AP Rhet credit. During my freshman year, I took Muir 40, and Muir 50 (the two writing classes that my college requires).

Does the credit I got for the beginning writing class count towards the 1year requirement?

I tried the search engine, but did not get anything similar to this. Please let me know! Thank you

For schools that don't take AP credits, such as UC Davis, it won't count and they will require you to take a full year of writing at UCSD.

I'm from Muir and I've asked a counsellor about this. You would need to take another writing class (LTEN) to get the 1 year english requirement. I would take it just to be certain since some med schools will accept some AP credit such as UCSD and other won't.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm from Muir and I've asked a counsellor about this. You would need to take another writing class (LTEN) to get the 1 year english requirement. I would take it just to be certain since some med schools will accept some AP credit such as UCSD and other won't.

Thank you !!!!!!!! Is LTEN the only class available?

Thank you !!!!!!!! Is LTEN the only class available?

From what I understand, LTEN classes are the only english classes open to everyone. For instance, you can't sign up for HUM since it's a Revelle thing. There are also writing classes but that might not qualify because they focus more on creative writing and such.