10/24 Pitt Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jas2346

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anybody else have an interview with Pitt on 10/24? It is getting close and I am really starting to panic! Actually, I still can't even believe I got the interview in the 1st place!

Members don't see this ad.

Don't panic...the people at Pitt are really nice and friendly! Just remember that your student interview is given as much weight as your faculty interview, and there's a short interview with a dean of admissions at the end. Just try to relax and be honest. Good luck!

How soon after submitting your secondary did Pitt offer you an interview? I've been complete there for a while, but haven't heard anything yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
I completed my secondary on Sept 8th and was offered an interview on Sept 29th

Hey, i'm interviewing on the 24th too!!! Don't stress - we'll have a great time! Everyone i've talked to who's visited Pitt said that it was amazing - i'm really looking forward to it!

See you next week!!!

- Quid

You are really interviewing at the perfect time - the first years will just be taking over the interviews that week, so they will be fresh and excited about interviewing (I am pretty sure - I think we stop interviewing this week). Since you will be the first person the interviewer has interviewed, he or she won't be comparing you to other people they have interviewed and seeing how you stack up.
The interview is a pretty fun day, and you have two chances to make a good impression...

Just wanted add one point to auster's analysis.

Us first years won't have conducted numerous past interviews from which to base comparisons. However, we will have our classmates (good and bad), past pre-med acquaintances, and our general sense of intuition to guide our evaluation of the applicant.

This is by no means meant to scare anyone (because it's not just a rumor that Pitt is an extremely friendly and inviting place), but to point out that, yes, us PittMed 1st years are people after all - we were in you position not too long ago!

Good luck y'all.