You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
10 current influential people in pharmacy
Started by RedStarRx
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
My friend here in Tucson that started the recent signature campaign to get pharmacists recognized as providers.
Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk
Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk
I'm current and in pharmacy and, in my mine, influential!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My friend here in Tucson that started the recent signature campaign to get pharmacists recognized as providers.
Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk
Pharmacists can get NPI numbers... so technically they are providers. 😉
I have an NPI number. 😱
Have you ever used it to bill for services?I have an NPI number.
Have you ever used it to bill for services?
No I only did it to show others how to do it. also i havent been a practitioner at a site for the past 5 years.....but now i am. so im going to try at our oncology clinic.
Have you?
I've used my NPI. It's been awhile though.
Have you?
No, but I have registered with some MTM service provider so maybe I will... I don't think retail is the right place to implement MTM, though, as much as they are starting to push it now. You can't cut tech hours and at the same time expect pharmacists to take on more MTM responsibilities. Something's gotta give, and vast majority of pharmacists will choose the path of the least resistance.
anyone know of any practice settings or individual pharmacist providers who successfully bill for services? would love to be schooled on this topic.
Lots of pharmacists bill for MTM services. Whether you break even or profit is another story for another thread.
http://www.getoutcomes.com/
http://www.medsmanagement.com/index.html
http://medicationpathfinder.com/
And that's not counting billing the actual CPT codes for MTM.
http://www.getoutcomes.com/
http://www.medsmanagement.com/index.html
http://medicationpathfinder.com/
And that's not counting billing the actual CPT codes for MTM.
I'm current and in pharmacy and, in my mine, influential!
You own a mine?!?!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You own a mine?!?!
YES! I go in there and sit and feel important when the world gets me down
Sorry WVU, it's not like the coal mines of home.🙁You own a mine?!?!
Lots of pharmacists bill for MTM services. Whether you break even or profit is another story for another thread.
http://www.getoutcomes.com/
http://www.medsmanagement.com/index.html
http://medicationpathfinder.com/
And that's not counting billing the actual CPT codes for MTM.
cool stuff
i'd been reading some old articles in PL from 4 or 5 years ago about status of reimbursement for cognitive services, so i was curious about where things stood in 2012. i just might have to start looking for some more recent articles 🙂
Most influential and successful pharmacist currently practicing?
Bill Evens. Look his record up. Literally one of the first to use pharmacogenetics to identify a pediatric oncology treatment that dropped the mortality rate from something like 85% to 10% for that indication (don't hold me on the numbers). Now the CEO or President of St. Judes Hospital, an organization that brings in and uses grant/donation money to pay for childrens therapy if the families can't afford the treatment.
Bill Evens. Look his record up. Literally one of the first to use pharmacogenetics to identify a pediatric oncology treatment that dropped the mortality rate from something like 85% to 10% for that indication (don't hold me on the numbers). Now the CEO or President of St. Judes Hospital, an organization that brings in and uses grant/donation money to pay for childrens therapy if the families can't afford the treatment.
RADM Scott Giberson. He's the U.S. Assistant Surgeon General and Chief Pharmacy Officer currently advocating for optimization of the pharmacist's role in healthcare.
He's speaking at my school tomorrow! I guess I should go?
Hey, I've been lurking here for many years, since i started school. Great forum. Could use some help now.
Who are 10 current influential people in pharmacy right now?
Dick Van ****.
http://www.pharmacist.com/Content/ContentFolders3/NewsReleases/2012/JanMar/USPHS_Report_USSG.pdf
Rear Admiral Scott F. Giberson, RPh, PhC, MPH
I had the great opportunity to hear him speak at our school. It was an amazing presentation. His analogy of pharmacists being ships in a harbor was spot on. Ships may be safest in the harbor, but that's not ships are built for! So much more our profession could be doing to benefit patients, other providers, and the public in general. Shoot, even the US Surgeon General agrees with him!
Rear Admiral Scott F. Giberson, RPh, PhC, MPH
I had the great opportunity to hear him speak at our school. It was an amazing presentation. His analogy of pharmacists being ships in a harbor was spot on. Ships may be safest in the harbor, but that's not ships are built for! So much more our profession could be doing to benefit patients, other providers, and the public in general. Shoot, even the US Surgeon General agrees with him!
http://www.pharmacist.com/Content/ContentFolders3/NewsReleases/2012/JanMar/USPHS_Report_USSG.pdf
Rear Admiral Scott F. Giberson, RPh, PhC, MPH
I had the great opportunity to hear him speak at our school. It was an amazing presentation. His analogy of pharmacists being ships in a harbor was spot on. Ships may be safest in the harbor, but that's not ships are built for! So much more our profession could be doing to benefit patients, other providers, and the public in general. Shoot, even the US Surgeon General agrees with him!
Damn, you beat me to him. I was gonna post about him. I've personally met Rear Admiral Giberson at Officer Basic Course and took my picture with him and other other pharmacy officers. He really is an inspiration.
I'd put Tom Ryan in the Top 10.
Most influential people in the field of pharmacy (According to Romney corporations are people my friend so here is my list).
#1- Not Pharmacists
#2- Our corporate overlords (Walgreens, Walmart et. al)
#3- Insurance companies
#4- Not pharmacists
#5- Congress
#6- PBM's
.
.
.
.
#99000- Dolphins
#99001- Whales
#99002- McDonalds
#99003- Pharmacists
#1- Not Pharmacists
#2- Our corporate overlords (Walgreens, Walmart et. al)
#3- Insurance companies
#4- Not pharmacists
#5- Congress
#6- PBM's
.
.
.
.
#99000- Dolphins
#99001- Whales
#99002- McDonalds
#99003- Pharmacists
Most influential people in the field of pharmacy (According to Romney corporations are people my friend so here is my list).
#1- Not Pharmacists
#2- Our corporate overlords (Walgreens, Walmart et. al)
#3- Insurance companies
#4- Not pharmacists
#5- Congress
#6- PBM's
.
.
.
.
#99000- Dolphins
#99001- Whales
#99002- McDonalds
#99003- Pharmacists



!! Priceless! should be on angerpharmacist.comI am a big fan of her work actually. She just recently was awarded a $10 million grant!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Never heard of him. Also cant help but notice he is not even a first author in any of the selected publications. Influential .. I don't know. Also cant help but notice both people deal with pharmacogenomics.
EDIT- NVM.. he is the freaking CEO of St freaking Jude... holy cow I did not know that a pharmacist was the CEO of St. Jude.
!! Priceless! should be on angerpharmacist.com
O wow I cant believe I have never been to the angrypharmacist site. That site is really awesome

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am a big fan of her work actually. She just recently was awarded a $10 million grant!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Never heard of him. Also cant help but notice he is not even a first author in any of the selected publications. Influential .. I don't know. Also cant help but notice both people deal with pharmacogenomics.
EDIT- NVM.. he is the freaking CEO of St freaking Jude... holy cow I did not know that a pharmacist was the CEO of St. Jude.
O wow I cant believe I have never been to the angrypharmacist site. That site is really awesome![]()
Bill Evans was Julie Johnson's mentor btw.
Bill Evans was Julie Johnson's mentor btw.
Wow. At least one of us is well informed.Lol he has his own wikipedia page.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_E._Evans_(pharmacist)
Did research in her lab for ~1 year. Incredible experience. I look back and am so grateful for it.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 3K
- Replies
- 12
- Views
- 3K
- Replies
- 8
- Views
- 4K