Step I 10 most important things to know....

Started by nightowl
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

nightowl

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm really struggling with the volume of antibiotics and micro. If I were to walk into the test knowing ten things, what would be of greatest importance? Help a girl out 😉

Thanks!
 
Just having studied micro today and done a LOT of practice questions on the subject. I would have to say that two things really stood out:

1. Lyme Disease
2. Diptheria

I don't know why these two in particular (qbank bias?), but I would definitely know everything there is to know about these two.

As for the other 8:

3. Gram positive bacteria
4. Gram negative bacteria
5. DNA viruses
6. RNA viruses
7. Protazoa
8. Nematodes (to a lesser degree)
9. Prions
10. Antimicrobials and their mechanisms of action and side effects

😀 Haha, obviously there is alot to know and many minutiae, but I have found just answering a whole lot of practice questions once I have gone through it has helped tremendously.
 
Just having studied micro today and done a LOT of practice questions on the subject. I would have to say that two things really stood out:

1. Lyme Disease
2. Diptheria

I don't know why these two in particular (qbank bias?), but I would definitely know everything there is to know about these two.

As for the other 8:

3. Gram positive bacteria
4. Gram negative bacteria
5. DNA viruses
6. RNA viruses
7. Protazoa
8. Nematodes (to a lesser degree)
9. Prions
10. Antimicrobials and their mechanisms of action and side effects

😀 Haha, obviously there is alot to know and many minutiae, but I have found just answering a whole lot of practice questions once I have gone through it has helped tremendously.

Yup..this basically covers everything in the FA Micro section. I think it's really hard to exclude knowing anything from FA.