1099 and CME

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SeekerOfTheTree

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What's the most that one can reasonably deduct for a CME out of their total income? I haven't seen a clear cut answer on this and have done 1099 for awhile. If you made 80 k in IC could deduct 10k CME if you took a CME in Norway with the Norway volleyball team?

Members don't see this ad.

What's the most that one can reasonably deduct for a CME out of their total income? I haven't seen a clear cut answer on this and have done 1099 for awhile. If you made 80 k in IC could deduct 10k CME if you took a CME in Norway with the Norway volleyball team?

Yes.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)

If you show the receipts

I Did!!!!
IF you do, look for the gal with the "Love is Hell" tattoo on her left arm.
IF you find her tell her that Saddle says "Hey!".

Reactions: 1 user

In the words of my accountant: "If you're being honest, the amount you can deduct is limitless as long as its doing things that are truly part-in-parcel of a deductible activity. And if you're not being honest, you can deduct however much would not count as being greedy and raise eyebrows... but we can always just shift almost anything around and call some stuff entertainment instead of recruiting or food."

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
In the words of my accountant: "If you're being honest, the amount you can deduct is limitless as long as its doing things that are truly part-in-parcel of a deductible activity. And if you're not being honest, you can deduct however much would not count as being greedy and raise eyebrows... but we can always just shift almost anything around and call some stuff entertainment instead of recruiting or food."
Pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered...