11/20 Pcat

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CMeaker

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So what did you guys who took the 11/20 PCAT think? I thought verbal, Reading Comprehension, and Biology were pretty easy. But Quantitative was hard and they gave us way too little time. Chemistry wasn't bad but there wasn't near enough time. I left lots of blanks on my math and Chemistry section. Now I am thinking I should have just christmas treed the rest before time was called.

Members don't see this ad.

CMeaker said:
Now I am thinking I should have just christmas treed the rest before time was called.

Exactly. Your PCAT score is based on your correct answers (compared to others), not your wrong ones. Filling in bubbles randomly doesn't ensure that you will get the correct answers, but leaving one blank makes certain that you miss that one.

If you take it again, always bubble in the remaining blank ones for that section when "5 minutes left" is called. Then, if you have time, go through and try to read the questions for those to see if any need to be changed.

Or, especially on the math because you probably are going to run out of time before you can go back (hands up for anyone who actually completed it...nope, don't see any), if you come to one that you can't finish in about 5 seconds, christmas tree it and go on to an easier one. This way at least you can zip through the easy ones and not leave any blank. Indicate which ones you did this to and if you do have time left over go back and try to figure out the easier ones.

Members don't see this ad :)
I really wish i would have just christmas treed when there was only 5 minutes left. I was just trying to read quickly and make my best educated guess at 5 mins remaining, which caused me to run out of time with blanks still left.

So if I decide to take it agin in January, how does the scoring work? Are the two averaged in together or do they just count the highest? I know they will look more favorably on someone who did well the first time than someone who did that well after taking it a second time.

Yeah i agree there was no enough time.But Chemistry was actually 85% organic chem so everybody do yourself and take org chem atleast one b4 taking the freaking test. Biology was very basic but math was tough and of course not enough time. On everage i rated it fair.

honestly, compared to the october pcat...this one was a lot harder. the questions were just more complex and it didn't seem like there was enough time. well it's curved so we'll see...

My opinion is that the quant was challenging and the timing was a joke... All the other sections were very easy in my opinion.

I was really upset with my PCAT this Saturday. I took it before on October and had the exact same test, all the questions being the same. I was so surprised and it bothered me. Did anyone else have the exact same test they took before?. Im pretty sure I answered very similar to the last test. Although the one advantage was that I knew the reading comphrehension passages without even reading them, so I think I did a little better on that. I thought it was really weird.
Kevin

ckv34l said:
I was really upset with my PCAT this Saturday. I took it before on October and had the exact same test, all the questions being the same. I was so surprised and it bothered me. Did anyone else have the exact same test they took before?. Im pretty sure I answered very similar to the last test. Although the one advantage was that I knew the reading comphrehension passages without even reading them, so I think I did a little better on that. I thought it was really weird.
Kevin

I agree for the first half of the test. But I found the math much more complex in the November test than the October test.

I thought the PCAT was pretty challenging, consdering I had 3 science classes and barely had time to study. The timing sucked though, I mean really what is the point of having us do calculations in under a minute per problem, sheesh, I agree with everyone that the bio and verbal and reading comp. weren't bad, but chem and quant. were horrible! What did everyone get for their essay? Mine was on how obesity in the US is a increasing problem and I had to propose a solution. It was fairly straight foward, but I heard that there were some harder ones too.

I just want to say thank you to everyone who gave PCAT advice to those who had never taken the test before. Overall I thought the test wasn't as hard as I had thought it was going to be. However, the quant section kicked my a$$. It was horrible! Honestly, I think I guessed on at least 50% of the questions. I couldn't believe how much calculus, hard calculus, was on the test! UGH! Aside from the quantitative, I thought everything else was extremely straight forward. My essay was something along the lines of "If inappropriately applied, science can cause suffering to individuals." I am just glad I didn't get anything like the extraterrestrial question! Now I am wondering if I should sign up for the January test, just in case my scores aren't up to par with the requirements. Hmmmm... :confused: What do ya'll think?

Hi!

Is Organic Chemistry I enough for PCAT? or there is questions from Organic Chemistry II on PCAT?

Was 85% of Chemistry Organic on PCAT?

I would say Orgo I would be enough for the PCAT. Overall, I would guess there was about 35-40% organic questions.