12 days for Step 2 CK

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Disinence2

Emergency Medicine
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

What do you all think about trying to study and perform well on step 2CK with only 12 days preparation?

I have been doing UWORLD q's for all my shelf exams. Most Shelf's have been in the high 80s'-90's. My last rotation is family medicine, which I hope will kinda tie some stuff together. I will probably be able to get some studying in during the last few weeks of family medicine as well.

I need to score in the 240's in order to stay in the same range as my step 1 score.

Think this is realistic? I would hate to shoot myself in the foot and score worse on step 2 than step 1.

Thanks,

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,

What do you all think about trying to study and perform well on step 2CK with only 12 days preparation?

I have been doing UWORLD q's for all my shelf exams. Most Shelf's have been in the high 80s'-90's. My last rotation is family medicine, which I hope will kinda tie some stuff together. I will probably be able to get some studying in during the last few weeks of family medicine as well.

I need to score in the 240's in order to stay in the same range as my step 1 score.

Think this is realistic? I would hate to shoot myself in the foot and score worse on step 2 than step 1.

Thanks,
That sounds pretty good to me. I was in a similar situation-- ended the year with family medicine, needed to stay 240+, but my shelf exams were lower than yours. I took 3 weeks to study and went up by ~10 points from Step 1.

You should be fine, but maybe take a practice NBME just to assuage your fears :)

That sounds pretty good to me. I was in a similar situation-- ended the year with family medicine, needed to stay 240+, but my shelf exams were lower than yours. I took 3 weeks to study and went up by ~10 points from Step 1.

You should be fine, but maybe take a practice NBME just to assuage your fears :)

Thanks for the tip! I didn't know there were NBME practice tests for step 2.

I'm planning on just using Crush, First Aid, along with re-doing the Uworld q's. Maybe pull out Step up for medicine.

What all did you use?

I studied 5 wks hardcore for step I and got mid 240's, read everything (had a stack of study texts about three feet high--I am not joking), I was shot before step II and used only USMLE world and First aid for ten days straight after classes ended, my score went up by 10pts. It wasn't as easy as everyone said, in fact I thought it was a taxing exam, but I think two weeks is enough, everone is tired at the end of second year and that is expected.