12 hrs until I'm an OD!

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rpames

Optometrist
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, in 12 hours I am to report to the graduation ceremony. I find myself reflecting on the last 8 years. I remember battling with myself as a sophomore in undergrad about wether to go to medical, dental, or optometry school. I remember taking the MCAT, and then taking the OAT. I remember people telling me on all sides that there side is the best, or they would never do it again. I recall people on this forum telling me I did not know what I was talking about b/c I was just a 1st year. I recall then being PM'ed to get my advice about the profession, or ICO, or boards, or several other things. I remember meeting with CPW of lunch in Florida. I flash back to failing an Anatomy test and thinking I would never graduate. I smile at the time I guessed my way through an optics test and got an A!

Basically, it over now and I am glad! COME ON WORLD

Members don't see this ad.

congrats! :D

did the last four years go by fast? i cant wait til im an OD!

Members don't see this ad :)
congratulations DR rpames !! :clap: :hardy: That was a fun lunch ! You'll definitely have to call if you're in Florida again.

So, in 12 hours I am to report to the graduation ceremony. I find myself reflecting on the last 8 years. I remember battling with myself as a sophomore in undergrad about wether to go to medical, dental, or optometry school. I remember taking the MCAT, and then taking the OAT. I remember people telling me on all sides that there side is the best, or they would never do it again. I recall people on this forum telling me I did not know what I was talking about b/c I was just a 1st year. I recall then being PM'ed to get my advice about the profession, or ICO, or boards, or several other things. I remember meeting with CPW of lunch in Florida. I flash back to failing an Anatomy test and thinking I would never graduate. I smile at the time I guessed my way through an optics test and got an A!

That's awesome :hardy: ! Congratulations, Dr. rpames !!!

It gives me a great boost to my confidence when I see people who have succeeded before me! (I'm still trying to wrap my head around the idea that I survived the first year, and I'm a "second-year" student now)...

Congratulations!
rkl_OD2be
UMSL College of Optometry Class of 2010

This deserves an emoticon celebration!!!

:banana: :banana: :clap: :clap: :bow: :bow: :biglove: :biglove: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Congrats!!!

Apparently... there IS a limit to emoticon usage per message. (10, if you were curious.)

Congratulations doctor! :D

Basically, it over now and I am glad! COME ON WORLD

congrats!

are you going to change any of your information on your licenses, passports, etc to include Dr. _____ ?

Congrats! What are your plans after graduation?

I posted something on Saturday and I just checked and it didn't post.
Anyway, thanks everyone.

I'm going into practice with my father and we are opening a satellite office in a small town new our home. I have been spending the last couple days trying to get all the financing and the projections all done so we can get the money to open the place. Do you think the bank understands that the "projections" are just guesses?

I posted something on Saturday and I just checked and it didn't post.
Anyway, thanks everyone.

I'm going into practice with my father and we are opening a satellite office in a small town new our home. I have been spending the last couple days trying to get all the financing and the projections all done so we can get the money to open the place. Do you think the bank understands that the "projections" are just guesses?

are alot of your classmates doing the same thing? i've noticed alot of father-son practices opening up lately

there were a few in my class, but they were mostly father-daughter ;)

hey cpw,

did you change any of your ID cards/passports after graduating so that it says "DR. ____" instead of "Ms. ____"?

hey cpw,

did you change any of your ID cards/passports after graduating so that it says "DR. ____" instead of "Ms. ____"?

why?? they all say the full name and not titles,