esob

Protomolecule
Lifetime Donor
2+ Year Member
Sep 28, 2015
Icaria Planum
Status
Medical Student
If you attended the full Ochem 2 session, you should be fine, as you should already know the material. That leaves you taking only 2 hard sciences in reality which should be easily doable.

Inspired Chaos

2+ Year Member
May 12, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
I took Biochem concurrently with Organic 2. As well as 13 credit hours of other coursework. It wasn't a problem for me, but my Biochem was curved. I struggled way more in Organic, but that wasn't because I didn't have time to study.

About the Ads

workaholic181

2+ Year Member
May 29, 2017
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
Hi everyone,

So this summer I was granted a medical incomplete for Ochem II, but continued to attend class the entire 5 week session. Ochem II is a pre requisite for biochemistry, however the professor made an exception, as I attended class throughout the summer for Ochem II. I was planning on reviewing carbonyl chemistry before classes start up again, but am I putting myself in a very bad position if I try and take Biochem, OChem II and Cell Phys together? All are 3 credit classes with no labs. I'm taking the MCAT this spring, and want to have all my pre reqs done when I begin studying in January, which is why I am pushing Biochem this fall.

Opinions? Am I doomed?

Thanks!
I took orgo 2 and biochem in the same semester and was able to ace both but it was definitely tough. They do kind of contribute to one another though and I thoroughly enjoyed taking them together. I think you'll be fine OP as long as you go in with the mindset that this will be very challenging.

12glaucoma34

Membership Revoked
Removed
Account on Hold
Aug 1, 2017
Status
Medical Student
Hi everyone,

So this summer I was granted a medical incomplete for Ochem II, but continued to attend class the entire 5 week session. Ochem II is a pre requisite for biochemistry, however the professor made an exception, as I attended class throughout the summer for Ochem II. I was planning on reviewing carbonyl chemistry before classes start up again, but am I putting myself in a very bad position if I try and take Biochem, OChem II and Cell Phys together? All are 3 credit classes with no labs. I'm taking the MCAT this spring, and want to have all my pre reqs done when I begin studying in January, which is why I am pushing Biochem this fall.

Opinions? Am I doomed?

Thanks!
No, if you can't do well in these courses then you may not do well in medical school.

calivianya

2+ Year Member
Jun 26, 2017
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
I took orgo 2, biochem, general physics 1, a graduate level seminar, and another (more humanities-type) chemistry class together, with two labs (orgo and physics), while working full time. I did fine (3 A+, 1 A, 1 A-); you will too if you're willing to just about kill yourself to get it done.

Reactions: MD_Odyssey
About the Ads