This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted727021

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 users
You posted in a thread that warned you about the program 2 years ago.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Got that feeling when I interviewed there for a different program. Rough city, great need, limited resources. Guess who is going to be called upon to fill the gaps... The cheapest labor, which is you. The people who are trapped and have no recourse, which is you. Getting your ass kicked in residency is good and bad, all depends what you are looking for.
Hmm...pretty sure it's just bad.

Got that feeling when I interviewed there for a different program. Rough city, great need, limited resources. Guess who is going to be called upon to fill the gaps... The cheapest labor, which is you. The people who are trapped and have no recourse, which is you. Getting your ass kicked in residency is good and bad, all depends what you are looking for.

Got a different vibe interviewing there for an IM residency. Didn’t decide to rank it that high because it’s relatively newer and not well established/ranked but it was a very respectable program and extremely non-malignant. In fact, it was the most cush of all my 15+ interviews and still matched well for a lower midtier program.

this program has been getting malignant slowly. Lots of attendings leaving and residents are being over worked. I wouldn't be surprised if it goes on probation soon due to work hour violations. You can find yourself working late almost everydaY even on days right before your ITE exam. Program director doesn't give two ****s about residents. None of the graduating class is staying in the program attendings. So many CRNAs have left. After all you just feel like a body they need in the OR. Please don't come to this program unless you have very compelling reason.

what do you define as working late.. I dont remember my program caring about workday before ITE exam either, that's why you are supposed to study in advanced. The ITE has a late start in the morning, and its on the weekend..

Is the PD new? Or did he/she suddenly not care about residents, because this should be known from prior years. Though a lot of times a PD doesn't have that much pull. I dont think theres much a PD can do when there are cases going on and not enough staff except for the residents. That's why in July when the CA1s are useless, senior residents consistently have to stay late into the night.

First time I've heard of New Brunswick characterized as a rough city. Pales in comparison to Newark or Camden, IMO.

Got a different vibe interviewing there for an IM residency. Didn’t decide to rank it that high because it’s relatively newer and not well established/ranked but it was a very respectable program and extremely non-malignant. In fact, it was the most cush of all my 15+ interviews and still matched well for a lower midtier program.

When I interviewed there for prelim IM, I, too, thought it was cush among non-TY prelim years as well; they offer a good amount of elective time. I did rank it pretty highly.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
First time I've heard of New Brunswick characterized as a rough city. Pales in comparison to Newark or Camden, IMO.

When I interviewed their for prelim IM, I, too, thought it was cush among non-TY prelim years as well; they offer a good amount of elective time. I did rank it pretty highly.

Lol just realized this wasn't the program in Newark. I deleted my post. My bad.

Nowhere close to the match process but I did some shadowing at the hospital a few summers back in another department and was not impressed by the culture of the program. Nobody acted like they gave a **** about me, and I got dirty looks/weird vibes from simply asking questions while observing a procedure. Pretty much killed my interest in the specialty that I was shadowing.