/

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medschoolwoo

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
/

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I have AP credit for English 1 and 2. Would taking writing in the discipline and writing in medicine count for the english requirement? Both are under the english department

It totally varies by school. Some accepted my AP credit no problem, some wanted me to supplement with writing-intensive humanities courses (I used certain philosophy classes that my undergrad specifically listed as “writing-intensive”).

Check MSAR, then check directly with the medical school if that doesn’t answer your question.

I have AP credit for English 1 and 2. Would taking writing in the discipline and writing in medicine count for the english requirement? Both are under the english department
Generally most schools seem to accept any course offered by the English department, plus any humanities/social science course that is “writing-intensive”. Writing-intensive classes may be designated by your university, or you might just have to make your own case for it.