This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medschoolwoo

2+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I know of people combining them all into one experience entry. As for the hours per week, personally I would just put the total number of weeks you did it, and then finagle with the hours entry until it gets you to your actual hours that you spent shadowing.

My hours varied as well. So for me I had a total of 120 hours of shadowing over the course of 4 weeks. So what I did was enter in 4 weeks, and played with the hour numbers until it equaled 120. For me this was 30 hours per week for 4 weeks = 120 hours

Hope this helps

Reactions: 1 user
Hello,
I am not sure how to list multiple shadowing experiences on AACOMAS. I have shadowed 6 doctors, with 2 being DOs. Should I combine them all like AMCAS? Split into one DO and one MD shadowing box? Split into one MD and one for each DO? Give each doc their own slot?
Also, if I am to combine them, how do you put average hours and number of weeks when they really varied? For ex, did around 90 hours of MD shadowing, some of which was 3/week for 13 weeks, some of which was 8 hours a day for like 3 days.
Any advice would be wonderful!

I did the bolded

Not necessarily sure there if there is a right or wrong way.. maybe split them up into specialty? most of the secondaries I've done so far ask specifically about your DO shadowing experience, so I think they're assuming that you're going to have both MD/DO shadowing.