This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jpn8997

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Michigan, Wayne state, Colorado, Utah, Arizona, USC, Cincinnati, Tulane, tufts, Boston, pitt, temple, northwestern, rush, loyola, Emory, case western, Miami, Thomas Jefferson, Georgetown, Baylor, Columbia, Mt Sinai, Einstein, UChicago, Hofstra, OSU (also CO resident). And I mean secondaries!

solid list, just be patient. Still too early to be worrying, all you can do at this point is trust your application.

Reactions: 1 user
It's super early, turkey rule is no II's by Thanksgiving should make you start to sweat. But you should always be preparing for a failed cycle and beefing up your application for the next round (as Goro likes to say) with the 60% no-acceptance-anywhere-rate.

Sit tight, patience is key.

I have almost identical stats to yours, with a >73 LzM (I don't remember exactly the number) and I am now a reapplicant. (Typing that felt like standing up for your first time at AA and saying 'I'm an alcoholic' ; a little painful but the truth). My first cycle school list looked a lot like yours. The issue we both have is, despite our stats, these schools just don't accept many people. Many of those schools aren't considered terribly 'low-yield' like Tufts or Georgetown and I thought I could cut it because my stats are way above the averages for those schools anyways.

Truth is, most all of those schools are low yield. For example, as OOS you only have about 7% chance of getting an interview at OSU. Its not known as a low yield school but for an OOS, those aren't good odds. Compare with a true low yield school like Tufts with a 6.15% chance of getting an interview.