This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrapperCrops

5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You could look of it in that light OR you could say this guy clearly knows what I am capable of and can cut it in dental school. Really comes down to if you think he/she wrote you a strong letter. When I applied I had a family friend write mine and she had nothing do do with my classes, extracricuulars etc. I am guessing you will be fine. Also consider that the admittance committees read hundred if not thousands of these letters annually that basically say the same thing. Don't lose sweat over things you can't change now :) Trust me!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
When I was ending my undergraduate career, I just wanted to end it as soon as possible. There was this one professor I took for 5 science classes in a span of 2 years. No, he was NOT an easy professor. I pulled all nighters for all of his classes to get a B the first time I took a class with him, then 4 A's the rest of the times I took the class with him. (of course, the adcoms won't know this)

The main reason I did this was because he was the only professor offering the classes in sequence that I needed to take to graduate at that time. If I had the chance, I would have jumped to another professor, but there was no option to. Obviously, taking 5 classes with him, I decided to get a letter of rec with him, because I thought it would show commitment.

Then I realized (tonight actually). What if the adcoms thought I was just taking this guy 5 times because I thought his class was too easy? In that case, I should have told my professor to put some kind of statistic in there showing well I did compared to the other students. Of course, I did not do that, it is too late to do that, and he already wrote me the letter (that I waived the right to read, so idk what he wrote). He did tell me that he listed all the classes I took with him in the letter (after I told him all the classes).

Now the adcoms will think I took 5 science classes with the same professor to boost my gpa (which I did not try to do, his class destroyed my sleep cycle)... bummer. How screwed am I?

don't overthink things...

Reactions: 1 users
You could look of it in that light OR you could say this guy clearly knows what I am capable of and can cut it in dental school. Really comes down to if you think he/she wrote you a strong letter. When I applied I had a family friend write mine and she had nothing do do with my classes, extracricuulars etc. I am guessing you will be fine. Also consider that the admittance committees read hundred if not thousands of these letters annually that basically say the same thing. Don't lose sweat over things you can't change now :) Trust me!
don't overthink things...

I believe you guys. I bet some schools out there have smaller programs than my university, that only has a few professors teaching a given subject. Must be the applications opening soon that's getting into my head :confused: