University of Iowa Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

artist2022

DDS 🦷🎓✔
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good luck everyone!

Link to last years thread: **The Official University of Iowa Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread**

Link to interview prep: University of Iowa School of Dentistry & Dental Clinics Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Same! Did you get the email from admissions to make a HawkID and eventually book a date?

Members don't see this ad :)
Are you both from Iowa? What were your stats spiffytooth if you don't mind me asking.. I am from North Dakota and hoping for an invite lol

Are you both from Iowa? What were your stats spiffytooth if you don't mind me asking.. I am from North Dakota and hoping for an invite lol
I am an out of state student! Like East Coast. I hope you get an interview :D <3

I've seen people have gotten invites as well as deferred. What if you haven't received either? Probably still going through the applications?

Reactions: 2 users
I've seen people have gotten invites as well as deferred. What if you haven't received either? Probably still going through the applications?
I’m in the same boat, applied on June 16th and hadn’t received anything yet. I’m sure that they are going through applications since it’s still early in the process

Reactions: 1 users
I’m in the same boat, applied on June 16th and hadn’t received anything yet. I’m sure that they are going through applications since it’s still early in the process
If you haven't heard anything at all I would wait! They'll get to it soon :)

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I would like to know what is the interview format at Iowa?

I got an interview invite last night. How long does it take for the second email, where we can pay the fee, to come in?

I got an interview invite last night. How long does it take for the second email, where we can pay the fee, to come in?
I am waiting too, they said: "Please reach out within 24 hours of this offer", so I don't know what we should do now?

Does anyone know if the school got greatly affected by last week's storm? I know the city got ravished.

Just got an email notifying me that my application got Deferred.
I did ask one of the students in D2 about if there is any chance of being deferred to get accepted, he said that non on his class was deferred before they got accepted.
I guess this is a nice way of sending rejections.
any different opinions?

Just got an email notifying me that my application got Deferred.
I did ask one of the students in D2 about if there is any chance of being deferred to get accepted, he said that non on his class was deferred before they got accepted.
I guess this is a nice way of sending rejections.
any different opinions?
Same!

I would like to know what is the interview format at Iowa?
The interviews are 2 15 minute interviews with 2 people in the room each time. So 4 people total.
But as to who interviews, Iowa likes to pick a variety of individuals. It could be a top professor of the college or even a janitor.
I have also heard that they will ask questions but give no sort of feedback or indication that you have finished answering the question.

I have received an interview invite this past Tuesday!

For those of you that already interviewed at Iowa this cycle, how was it?

Just got a deferral. Can anyone explain what that means? Thanks

Any interview tips from anyone who's already done theirs?
Be yourself, dress appropriately, get lots of rest, relax, relax, and be yourself! Everyone is really nice and remember you are there! Review interview questions but don't memorize. Also, truly ask yourself why this profession? Good luck! You got this!!!

Last edited:
Let me know if anyone has questions current D1 at the University of Iowa and went to undergrad there.

Hi, I had my interview last week! I loved the school and they did a fantastic job with the interview day!

Do they only send out interview invites once a month? And how far out are they scheduling interviews?

Do they only send out interview invites once a month? And how far out are they scheduling interviews?
I got my interview two weeks before! They also have interviews every week until some point in November so I am sure they are still sending some invites out.

North Dakota
Yeah that's interesting because I don't believe North Dakota has a dental school and usually they like to take residents with no dental school. I'm sorry, but if you really want to go to Iowa then Private Message me with your stats and I can see where your application might need a little help at.

Yeah that's interesting because I don't believe North Dakota has a dental school and usually they like to take residents with no dental school. I'm sorry, but if you really want to go to Iowa then Private Message me with your stats and I can see where your application might need a little help at.
Yea it’s really frustrating cause it doesn’t give us an opportunity for the instate tuition prices.. they have wiche but they give that to like 4 students.. I’ve heard Minnesota doesn’t have reciprocity for professional programs but unsure if it’s true

How does the University of Iowa view a letter of intent??
I would say write thank you letters over a letter of intent. The committee has already made a decision on you soon after your interview. So if you got in you will know on December 15th (or whatever date it is this year).

Did anyone's status on AADSAS change back to Received/Under Review after they had their interview (a while ago)? Sorry if this is a silly question. I am just really anxious!

Did anyone's status on AADSAS change back to Received/Under Review after they had their interview (a while ago)? Sorry if this is a silly question. I am just really anxious!
Yuh