• Set Yourself Up For Success Webinar

October 6, 2021 at 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific
    SDN and Osmosis are teaming up to help you get set up for success this school year! We'll be covering study tips, healthy habits, and meeting mentors.

Register Now!

• Site Updates Coming Soon

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

University of Iowa Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

artist2022

UCLA D4 🎉
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
2+ Year Member
Dec 25, 2016
  1. Dental Student
Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
About the Ads

Zarash

Feb 25, 2019
  1. Pre-Dental
I've seen people have gotten invites as well as deferred. What if you haven't received either? Probably still going through the applications?
I’m in the same boat, applied on June 16th and hadn’t received anything yet. I’m sure that they are going through applications since it’s still early in the process

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
About the Ads
About the Ads

FutureDent2025

Aug 30, 2019
  1. Pre-Dental
Just got an email notifying me that my application got Deferred.
I did ask one of the students in D2 about if there is any chance of being deferred to get accepted, he said that non on his class was deferred before they got accepted.
I guess this is a nice way of sending rejections.
any different opinions?

Upvote 0

nsudental

2+ Year Member
Jan 23, 2019
Just got an email notifying me that my application got Deferred.
I did ask one of the students in D2 about if there is any chance of being deferred to get accepted, he said that non on his class was deferred before they got accepted.
I guess this is a nice way of sending rejections.
any different opinions?
Same!

Upvote 0

buzzbandit

Sep 4, 2020
  1. Pre-Dental
I would like to know what is the interview format at Iowa?
The interviews are 2 15 minute interviews with 2 people in the room each time. So 4 people total.
But as to who interviews, Iowa likes to pick a variety of individuals. It could be a top professor of the college or even a janitor.
I have also heard that they will ask questions but give no sort of feedback or indication that you have finished answering the question.

Upvote 0
About the Ads

non-traditional

May 24, 2020
  1. Pre-Dental
Any interview tips from anyone who's already done theirs?
Be yourself, dress appropriately, get lots of rest, relax, relax, and be yourself! Everyone is really nice and remember you are there! Review interview questions but don't memorize. Also, truly ask yourself why this profession? Good luck! You got this!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

hunterdunc

2+ Year Member
Jun 6, 2019
Iowa
  1. Dental Student
North Dakota
Yeah that's interesting because I don't believe North Dakota has a dental school and usually they like to take residents with no dental school. I'm sorry, but if you really want to go to Iowa then Private Message me with your stats and I can see where your application might need a little help at.

Upvote 0

2thDoc11

2+ Year Member
Nov 19, 2018
Yeah that's interesting because I don't believe North Dakota has a dental school and usually they like to take residents with no dental school. I'm sorry, but if you really want to go to Iowa then Private Message me with your stats and I can see where your application might need a little help at.
Yea it’s really frustrating cause it doesn’t give us an opportunity for the instate tuition prices.. they have wiche but they give that to like 4 students.. I’ve heard Minnesota doesn’t have reciprocity for professional programs but unsure if it’s true

Upvote 0
About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.