University of Louisville Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

artist2022

DDS 🦷🎓✔
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good luck everyone!

Link to last years thread: ***The Official University of Louisville Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Link to interview prep: University of Louisville School of Dentistry Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
For those that are still needing to take the CASPER for Louisville, is it for you also way in the future? The next available date that I am able to take it isn’t until July 19! Crazy!

Does anyone whose application was already verified and already taken the CASPer test status still say waiting additional information?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone whose application was already verified and already taken the CASPer test status still say waiting additional information?
Once I saw that my scores were sent through the CASPER website, it took a few days for my AADSAS status to change from waiting for additional information to received/under review

I just saw that it takes CASPER three weeks to send results out to schools. I took my test a week ago, and have all my application materials otherwise finished and paid for. Is there still a good chance I could be considered for the first interview cycle?

So I took the CASPER June 28th, and this morning at 5:03 my status was changed from "waiting for material" to "completed/under review". Hopefully that gives you all a rough timeline on what to expect!

So I took the CASPER June 28th, and this morning at 5:03 my status was changed from "waiting for material" to "completed/under review". Hopefully that gives you all a rough timeline on what to expect!
I took the CASPer on the same day and got an email today saying my application is complete!

Yes mine says that and they even sent an email saying they received my casper test results.

I would like to know what is the interview format at Louisville Dental?

Has anyone received an interview invite yet?
Also I heard all interviews this year will be virtual interviews, no in person.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone received an interview invite yet?
Also I heard all interviews this year will be virtual interviews, no in person.
I called the admissions office and I was told that they will be sending out interview invites any time in August. Also, they’re preparing to send invites 2 weeks prior to the date. The reason they’re doing this is because it’s going to be virtual interviews.

Reactions: 4 users
Today is August 10th. Has anyone received an interview invite yet?

• Dislike
Today is August 10th. Has anyone received an interview invite yet?

I haven’t heard anything. I submitted June 16, Paid my application fee June 17, and my casper was received June 22. I received an email June 26 that my application was completed, but nothing since then.

Reactions: 2 users
I haven’t heard anything. I submitted June 16, Paid my application fee June 17, and my casper was received June 22. I received an email June 26 that my application was completed, but nothing since then.
Let's hope that we will hear soon then! I feel as though it won't be too much longer.

Haven’t heard anything either, other than the application complete email. Good luck everyone!

I'm planning to take casper test soon ? I'm nervous. how was the exam ?

I'm planning to take casper test soon ? I'm nervous. how was the exam ?

I thought it was super easy. I recommend taking the practice test so you get a fee for the questions as well as the formats.

Reactions: 1 users
thank you :)
Hey! The CASPer test was actually kind of entertaining, to be honest. I’m a fan of writing so I thought it was kind of fun! Just do the practice tests they have online and you’ll 100% be fine. Also - anyone heard anything? I have not yet.

Fr tho, some of those prints were super interesting. But no I have not heard anything yet.

Yeah I actually thought the CASPER test was pretty fun, too. It's good to take the practice test to get a feel for it (I only clicked through the questions and didn't answer them for the practice test, just to see what they would ask). Definitely don't stress it too much, especially considering you don't even get to see your scores. I haven't heard anything either regarding interviews, though

Interview #4
School: University of Louisville
Notification date: 8/14/2020
Method of notification: Email
Residency: Florida
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/16
Application complete date: 6/16
GPA (overall, science): 3.72, 3.68
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/23/21/30/none
Dates available OR your interview date: 8/25/2020
Method of Interview: Virtual

Interview #1
Residency: Utah
Application complete date: 6/26
GPA (overall, science): 3.42, 3.22
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/19/21/23/BIO

Smiles and china, what are your other stats if you don't mind me asking.. Lots of volunteering and shadowing? Kentucky and Louisville are two schools I'm really hoping for but I'm lacking in the shadowing and volunteering categories with about 120 hrs of shadowing and 80 volunteering
Those are plenty of hours! As long as you're able to communicate what you accomplished and learned in those hours, you're golden. I have about 330 shadowing hours and 380 volunteer hours. Just remember quality over quantity so don't feel discouraged if you don't have a ton of hours. Keep reflecting on the experiences that you already have and keep your passion for dentistry alive!

Interview #2 (YAY!!!)
Residency: Tennessee
Application complete date: 6/26
GPA (overall, science): 3.88, 3.80
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/19/18/23/QR is 16

Last edited:
Those are plenty of hours! As long as you're able to communicate what you accomplished and learned in those hours, you're golden. I have about 330 shadowing hours and 380 volunteer hours. Just remember quality over quantity so don't feel discouraged if you don't have a ton of hours. Keep reflecting on the experiences that you already have and keep your passion for dentistry alive!

I come here to echo this message. I had much less than smiles and am about the same as you in regard to shadowing and volunteer. But send me PM and we can talk more about other stats/experiences if you’d like

Did you all who received interview invites get something about a caper snapshot first emailed to you? Congrats by the way.
And also, were all invites today sent to only out of state students?

Did you all who received interview invites get something about a caper snapshot first emailed to you? Congrats by the way.
And also, were all invites today sent to only out of state students?
No, the CASPer Snapshot was talking about in my interview invitation email. Also, I am an out of state student - I hope this helps!

Ahh great job, y'all! My application was completed 7/23, so hopefully I'll be notified in the next interview period. I also received the email regarding the CASPER Snapshot, but no confirmation on whether or not I was invited for interview!

Ahh great job, y'all! My application was completed 7/23, so hopefully I'll be notified in the next interview period. I also received the email regarding the CASPER Snapshot, but no confirmation on whether or not I was invited for interview!

Same thing happened to me! I got an interview saying "IF you get invited for an interview, we'll need you to take it" but it didn't say whether I got an interview or not. I'm just assuming I didn't lol.

Same thing happened to me! I got an interview saying "IF you get invited for an interview, we'll need you to take it" but it didn't say whether I got an interview or not. I'm just assuming I didn't lol.
My ADEA AADSAS Status changed to “invited for interview” for Louisville; I would check that just to be sure. I hope this helps!

I would also take into account when you submitted your app. If it was completed in July like mine, you may be selected for a later interview instead. :)

Anyone still have their status say "waiting for additional information" and took the CASPer test weeks ago? I took the CASPer back in early July and I logged on to CASPer and it said my scores were already sent. However, I did get the email about CASPer Snapshot so maybe they just haven't updated my portal? Any ideas?

Anyone still have their status say "waiting for additional information" and took the CASPer test weeks ago? I took the CASPer back in early July and I logged on to CASPer and it said my scores were already sent. However, I did get the email about CASPer Snapshot so maybe they just haven't updated my portal? Any ideas?
Hmm, interesting. I think I’d contact the admissions office and see, just in case!

It took my app to be complete 3 weeks after taking the CASPer. I think it takes 2 weeks for CASPer to score and send them to schools. Then Louisville took a week to probably get them sorted.

they emailed me saying that they got my casper scores yesterday and my portal still says "waiting for additional info"
It’ll be updated soon. They’ll send you another email saying your application is now under review, and then you go ahead and check AADSAS.

NOTE: They will send 1 email saying they received everything, then another that your application is under review!

For people who received an interview update, did you first get that separate email about the Casper snapshot beforehand? I got the Casper snapshot email the 14th but no interview invite. Does this mean I didn’t make the cut ?

you can get an invite for interview/acceptance up until the first day of school if I'm not mistakin.. Still lots of time left.. I also got the snapshot email without an interview but that was before my Casper test scores were received.
Mine were received so the context may be different. Thanks anyway

Interview #2
Notification date: 8/25/ 2020
Residency: South Carolina
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/29
Application complete date: 7/23
GPA (overall, science): 3.93, 3.90
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/20/19/18/QR 16
Dates available OR your interview date: 9/1/2020

Did anyone else receive an interview invite on Friday, August 25th?