Stony Brook Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Likkriue

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
That time of year again!!!! Once again, been making this thread for the entire time Ive been here. Most people when they get in retire from SDN but here I am.

Here are some links to previous years to answer your questions.

1. ***The Official Stony Brook Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

2. ***The Official Stony Brook Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

3. ***The Official Stony Brook Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

4. ***The Official Stony Brook Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

5. ***The Official Stony Brook Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

6. ***The Official Stony Brook Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

I can and will answer all questions. Literally anything. PM me if it’s NSFW/NSFS.

Link to interview prep: SUNY - Stony Brook University School of Dental Medicine Interview Feedback

----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Hi, I had a question for the advisors at Stony Brook for prerequisites. I emailed Dr. Onyenekwu and left a message at the number listed on the application but I haven't heard anything in a week. Is there anyone better to contact or should I keep waiting?

Hi, I had a question for the advisors at Stony Brook for prerequisites. I emailed Dr. Onyenekwu and left a message at the number listed on the application but I haven't heard anything in a week. Is there anyone better to contact or should I keep waiting?

Classes are just beginning to Start up This week so they are probably busy with that. She will respond eventually. Stony Brook is one of the few schools where pre reqs are due by application. They will not review your application without all the pre reqs in.

You can always shoot me a PM and maybe I could answer it.

Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted my application in June and it got verified already. But I haven't received any notification from the school yet, is it normal?

Yes, the school will notify you if they need anything else.

Has anyone received any emails from Stony Brook? I submitted June 16 and paid their secondary fee June 17. Also, my status still says "none" on AADSAS.

I wouldn't sweat it, they are very busy trying to figure out how to get the 1st year students started and on top of that figuring out how to get the 2nd 3rd and 4th years back into clinic on time. This is a very odd year in general! They send interviews in September and will reach out to you in your are missing something. Otherwise its pretty quiet from them.

Patience is virtue, virtue is grace, and grace is a little girl who cant wash her face.

Reactions: 1 users
Just received the email saying my application is under review

I am disappointed in the lack of activity on SDN.

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
They are putting together the zoom interviews.

• Wow
I just looked on my AADSAS application, and it says I was invited for an interview, but I did not receive an email regarding an interview. Is anyone else experiencing the same thing? :)

• Wow
I just looked on my AADSAS application, and it says I was invited for an interview, but I did not receive an email regarding an interview. Is anyone else experiencing the same thing? :)
I’d call and ask

I believe they have sent them. First batch of interview is coming up.

I believe they have sent them. First batch of interview is coming up.
So they've sent the interview invites today? Will they send more interviews before December? Stony is my first choice but I didn't get an interview today:(.

Only info I know is interviews are starting this friday in groups of 5.

Do you know if they are in person?

No, all virtual.

Hey can I DM you about Stony Brook? I want to apply there but I am not sure if I would be competitive enough.

Their average dat is around 21-22 and gpa is about 3.6-3.7 depending on most years. Feel free to DM. If you are OOS they tend to take about 15%-20% or so OOS nowadays so I think they are pretty OOS friendly.

Got an interview invite for 10/28!!! I'm soooo so happy and also nervous!!

hey guys just wanted to clarify that stony brook does not look at the aadsas application until all pre-reqs are fulfilled or should I contact them because I only have 1 pre req left and taking it rn? is it worth waiting to get a response back as seats fill up quickly?

hey guys just wanted to clarify that stony brook does not look at the aadsas application until all pre-reqs are fulfilled or should I contact them because I only have 1 pre req left and taking it rn? is it worth waiting to get a response back as seats fill up quickly?

They have a policy that you have to complete it prior to consideration for an interview. Many of my classmates were post-dec interviews so dont fret,

So they sent out the first batch of interviews a few days ago, will there be more batches sent out before December or is this the only batch they send out pre-December? Do they send out all the interview invites in one day or do they send them out over the course of a few weeks?

That is information I am not privy to.

Anybody else hear anything back?

I got an invite this past Friday for an interview this Thursday. I replied back to the email but haven’t gotten another email with Zoom links...tried calling and am just going to email now.

Dont want to sound impatient, but anyone know if they just send the Zoom link only a day before the interview?

Just be patient lol. I think earlier on they literally invited people for interviews with 3 days notice. Its a new person handling the admissions process this year.

I just received an interview invite to Stony Brook for Nov 23

Last edited:
Hi Prospective Stony Brook Students,

Semi-random but one of the student organizations (Hispanic Student Dental Association) on campus is having a pre-dental event on Saturday Dec 14th. If you are interested in mingling with the dental students, finding out more about student life, etc. There will be a presentation by Director of Admissions, Day In the Life of A Dental Student, Q+A with Dental Students, and Cookie Decorating Competition. Please register here or send me a DM HSDA's Pre-Dental Social (All are welcome, you do not need to be hispanic to attend).

What this IS- an event where you can talk to dental students, get a feel for student life, ask some student life questions, find out more about Stony Brook.
What this is NOT- an event for you to ask the Director of Admissions over zoom personally if they looked at your app or personal scenario questions. Lol.

PS- Interviews are being sent out on a regular basis, no such thing as a "batch", its a continuous process. :)

Hope to see you all there!

• Inappropriate
Reactions: 3 users
For those who already interviewed, was the interview with faculty members conversational or more formal?

For those who already interviewed, was the interview with faculty members conversational or more formal?

depends on who you get, it’s random.

In my interviews last year they were conversational. Slightly formal but it was mostly an engaging conversation.

Just got the call! OOS