Stony Brook Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

I got an acceptance call today at 9:05 AM est

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Am I waitlisted if I did not hear back yesterday after a pre-December interview?

Hi, this is a question for current students mainly. I had one concern about Stony since it has been my first choice school. I had an interview with 2 faculty members who were absolutely friendly and welcoming. However, the student that interviewed me was very stern and unwelcoming. Is that a reflection of the student body at Stony Brook, or just one separate case that should not be a representative of majority students there?

Hi, this is a question for current students mainly. I had one concern about Stony since it has been my first choice school. I had an interview with 2 faculty members who were absolutely friendly and welcoming. However, the student that interviewed me was very stern and unwelcoming. Is that a reflection of the student body at Stony Brook, or just one separate case that should not be a representative of majority students there?

One separate case lol , Could easily be a bad day for them.
I really don’t know who it could be but sorry about that experience!

Reactions: 1 user
One separate case for sure. Everyone here is friendly and outgoing.

Haha okay good to hear. Hopefully, their bad day will not affect my admission decision.

Members don't see this ad :)
how long did it take the school to send you the email with the stony ID and links for the deposit?

Being that stonybrook is such a small class you would think that their class would be full by now.
Possibly, but as people get acceptances to other schools there’s waitlist movement. In my class there was a lot of acceptances in May

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know if Stony Brook has finished conducting interviews? I know they have a small class size (~42) so I feel like they should be done by now.

any chance they're still interviewing lol, I've sent them a couple of letters of interest and emailed them... never got a response for anything

any chance they're still interviewing lol, I've sent them a couple of letters of interest and emailed them... never got a response for anything
Yes, they’re still interviewing. Although at this point the class is likely pretty full and they’re interviewing for waitlist spots

Should I bother writing a letter of intent if I was not offered and interview? I have been accepted to university at buffalo and NYU, but live 15 minutes away from stony brook. This would be my ideal school,

Should I bother writing a letter of intent if I was not offered and interview? I have been accepted to university at buffalo and NYU, but live 15 minutes away from stony brook. This would be my ideal school,
No harm in writing a letter of intent, especially if it’s your top choice. I emailed them a few times and never get a response though.

Doesn’t hurt to try, but don’t get your hopes up

Is anyone in the thread a current student at stony brook?

I have my interview Friday! May I message someone who has interviewed already or is a current student?

I have my interview Friday! May I message someone who has interviewed already or is a current student?
Student here! DM Me if you have questions.

Feel free to reach out to those who interviewed as well because they will have a diff perspective about the process than a student.

Interview #7:

AA: 22, TS: 22
OGPA: 3.87, SGPA: 3.7
IS resident (NY)
Submit AADSAS app in first week of it opening for submission
took DAT August 16th, got it verified Sept 4th
Received invite for interview on Feb 25th by phone call around 9 am
Planning to interview virtually tomorrow (offered date on the spot, will get email confirmation by end of today)

Interview #7:

AA: 22, TS: 22
OGPA: 3.87, SGPA: 3.7
IS resident (NY)
Submit AADSAS app in first week of it opening for submission
took DAT August 16th, got it verified Sept 4th
Received invite for interview on Feb 25th by phone call around 9 am
Planning to interview virtually tomorrow (offered date on the spot, will get email confirmation by end of today)
Congrats!! Do you know where you want to attend yet?

Congrats!! Do you know where you want to attend yet?

Right now Buffalo, but if I do get an offer at Stony Brook it will definitely be tough as they are the state schools in NY with great reputations respectively! If anyone who had to decide btwn the 2 can provide insight, that would be great!

Got an interview invite!!!!!

Interview #5: Stony Brook
GPA: 3.89, DAT: 21 AA, 21 TS, 20 PAT

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Interview #4 tomorrow
OOS
3.6, 27 PAT, 23 AA, 22 TS