You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Stony Brook Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread
Started by Likkriue
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Are calls still being sent out?
Congratulations 😊Just got the call! OOS
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Am I waitlisted if I did not hear back yesterday after a pre-December interview?
You’re only waitlisted if you get an email saying you’re waitlistedAm I waitlisted if I did not hear back yesterday after a pre-December interview?
Welcome to stony brook 😁Received an acceptance call, OOS.
Hi, this is a question for current students mainly. I had one concern about Stony since it has been my first choice school. I had an interview with 2 faculty members who were absolutely friendly and welcoming. However, the student that interviewed me was very stern and unwelcoming. Is that a reflection of the student body at Stony Brook, or just one separate case that should not be a representative of majority students there?
Hi, this is a question for current students mainly. I had one concern about Stony since it has been my first choice school. I had an interview with 2 faculty members who were absolutely friendly and welcoming. However, the student that interviewed me was very stern and unwelcoming. Is that a reflection of the student body at Stony Brook, or just one separate case that should not be a representative of majority students there?
One separate case lol , Could easily be a bad day for them.
I really don’t know who it could be but sorry about that experience!
One separate case for sure. Everyone here is friendly and outgoing.Hi, this is a question for current students mainly. I had one concern about Stony since it has been my first choice school. I had an interview with 2 faculty members who were absolutely friendly and welcoming. However, the student that interviewed me was very stern and unwelcoming. Is that a reflection of the student body at Stony Brook, or just one separate case that should not be a representative of majority students there?
Haha okay good to hear. Hopefully, their bad day will not affect my admission decision.
Probably not. I knew people in my class that interviewed in late Jan-FebIs stonybrook done with interviews ?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Being that stonybrook is such a small class you would think that their class would be full by now.Probably not. I knew people in my class that interviewed in late Jan-Feb
Possibly, but as people get acceptances to other schools there’s waitlist movement. In my class there was a lot of acceptances in MayBeing that stonybrook is such a small class you would think that their class would be full by now.
There was another interview group today!Is stonybrook done with interviews ?
Does anyone know if Stony Brook has finished conducting interviews? I know they have a small class size (~42) so I feel like they should be done by now.
Has anyone heard anything about waitlists or rejections?
Have you done an interview with them recently? Do you know if they are still interviewing?Has anyone heard anything about waitlists or rejections?
No. I interviewed before December 15th.Have you done an interview with them recently? Do you know if they are still interviewing?
I got waitlisted.
D
deleted843491
Did you find out by email? Isn't it a bit early for Stony Brook to send out waitlist notices? I thought they did it like later in March.I got waitlisted.
Yep, by email.Did you find out by email? Isn't it a bit early for Stony Brook to send out waitlist notices? I thought they did it like later in March.
Is there a facebook group for the class of 2025 yet?
Yes, they’re still interviewing. Although at this point the class is likely pretty full and they’re interviewing for waitlist spotsany chance they're still interviewing lol, I've sent them a couple of letters of interest and emailed them... never got a response for anything
gotchya, thanks so much!Yes, they’re still interviewing. Although at this point the class is likely pretty full and they’re interviewing for waitlist spots
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No harm in writing a letter of intent, especially if it’s your top choice. I emailed them a few times and never get a response though.Should I bother writing a letter of intent if I was not offered and interview? I have been accepted to university at buffalo and NYU, but live 15 minutes away from stony brook. This would be my ideal school,
Doesn’t hurt to try, but don’t get your hopes upShould I bother writing a letter of intent if I was not offered and interview? I have been accepted to university at buffalo and NYU, but live 15 minutes away from stony brook. This would be my ideal school,
I amIs anyone in the thread a current student at stony brook?
do you mind if i pm you?I am
Sure go for itdo you mind if i pm you?
Same if you still have questions!Is anyone in the thread a current student at stony brook?
Student here! DM Me if you have questions.I have my interview Friday! May I message someone who has interviewed already or is a current student?
Feel free to reach out to those who interviewed as well because they will have a diff perspective about the process than a student.
Mr. Handsome boy
Full Member
Is Stony Brook still sending out interviews at this point?
Is Stony Brook still sending out interviews at this point?
Yes I just got a call to be interviewed tomorrow! Surprised there's still openings in the class
Interview #7:
AA: 22, TS: 22
OGPA: 3.87, SGPA: 3.7
IS resident (NY)
Submit AADSAS app in first week of it opening for submission
took DAT August 16th, got it verified Sept 4th
Received invite for interview on Feb 25th by phone call around 9 am
Planning to interview virtually tomorrow (offered date on the spot, will get email confirmation by end of today)
AA: 22, TS: 22
OGPA: 3.87, SGPA: 3.7
IS resident (NY)
Submit AADSAS app in first week of it opening for submission
took DAT August 16th, got it verified Sept 4th
Received invite for interview on Feb 25th by phone call around 9 am
Planning to interview virtually tomorrow (offered date on the spot, will get email confirmation by end of today)
Congrats!! Do you know where you want to attend yet?Interview #7:
AA: 22, TS: 22
OGPA: 3.87, SGPA: 3.7
IS resident (NY)
Submit AADSAS app in first week of it opening for submission
took DAT August 16th, got it verified Sept 4th
Received invite for interview on Feb 25th by phone call around 9 am
Planning to interview virtually tomorrow (offered date on the spot, will get email confirmation by end of today)
Congrats!! Do you know where you want to attend yet?
Right now Buffalo, but if I do get an offer at Stony Brook it will definitely be tough as they are the state schools in NY with great reputations respectively! If anyone who had to decide btwn the 2 can provide insight, that would be great!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Mr. Handsome boy
Full Member
Congrats! Did you send a letter of interest?Yes I just got a call to be interviewed tomorrow! Surprised there's still openings in the class
Mr. Handsome boy
Full Member
Got an interview invite!!!!!
Interview #5: Stony Brook
GPA: 3.89, DAT: 21 AA, 21 TS, 20 PAT
Interview #5: Stony Brook
GPA: 3.89, DAT: 21 AA, 21 TS, 20 PAT
Congrats! Did you send a letter of interest?
Nope!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 27
- Views
- 9K