University of Colorado Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

princeafrica

Endo Resident
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Here is the thread to University of Colorado for questions, interviews questions/updates, acceptances etc.

Important information regarding COVID19 DDS Admissions: DDS Admissions Covid-19 | Academics | University of Colorado Denver

Here is the Class of 2023 thread: ****The Official University of Colorado Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread****
Here is the Class of 2024 thread: ***The Official University of Colorado Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Link to interview prep: University of Colorado Denver School of Dentistry Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

Class of 2022 Statistics: 3.57cGPA/3.52sGPA/20AA DAT. 56% in-state, 39% out-of-state, 23% rural. 55% male, 45% female. 48% minority, 43% white, 9% not reported. 36% first generation.

Class of 2023 Statistics: Admission Stats | Academics | University of Colorado Denver

Estimated Cost of Attendance: Cost of Attendance School of Dental Medicine | CU Anschutz | University of Colorado Denver

Social Media:

Colorado Student National Dental Association (SNDA)
Facebook: SNDA-Colorado
Instagram: Login • Instagram

Colorado American Student Dental Association (ASDA)
Facebook: Colorado ASDA
Instagram: Login • Instagram

Official FB Page: University of Colorado School of Dental Medicine

*Tip: If the University of Colorado page on your application has a link to the supplemental fee, be sure to pay the fee as soon as you can rather than waiting for an email to pay the fee. This may or may not help get your application complete fast.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
If you have any questions you can post below and I and other classmates will try to answer them timely. Please excuse us if our responses are slow as school got extra busy after COVID.

On the AADSAS page for Colorado, it states the fee is $85, but the link it takes us to says its $80. And on their website is says its $80. I don't want to pay the wrong fee but I want to be early, should I go ahead and pay the $80?
I was wondering the same thing.. It seems as if the 2 links are to different options... Odd?

Members don't see this ad :)
I was wondering the same thing.. It seems as if the 2 links are to different options... Odd?

On the AADSAS page for Colorado, it states the fee is $85, but the link it takes us to says its $80. And on their website is says its $80. I don't want to pay the wrong fee but I want to be early, should I go ahead and pay the $80?

Hey so I just heard you won't get penalized if you pay the $80. But in the next 24-48 hours it will be updated to $85

Hello Everyone,
Ok so probably a stupid question but is there more than one fee we need to pay? I paid a fee when I submitted the application through AADSAS, but is there also a separate one that CU (or any other school for that matter) requires?

My application status right now is "complete".

Hello Everyone,
Ok so probably a stupid question but is there more than one fee we need to pay? I paid a fee when I submitted the application through AADSAS, but is there also a separate one that CU (or any other school for that matter) requires?

My application status right now is "complete".

Hey so for each program you should browse through their website AND read the program description on your AADSAS application. If you read the Colorado description in full you will find a link to pay a supplemental fee. Do this for every program so you don't miss any information.

AADSAS charges a fee for each application but most schools also have their own fee.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey so for each program you should browse through their website AND read the program description on your AADSAS application. If you read the Colorado description in full you will find a link to pay a supplemental fee. Do this for every program so you don't miss any information.

AADSAS charges a fee for each application but most schools also have their own fee.

Ah OK. I shall go forth and do so!
Many thanks for the clarification!

This whole application process can get confusing at times :dead:

We wait for the email to submit the fee, correct?

We wait for the email to submit the fee, correct?

You can wait if you want. But they have made the supplemental fee page accessible as stated on Colorado AADSAS page on your application.

You can wait if you want. But they have made the supplemental fee page accessible as stated on Colorado AADSAS page on your application.
Where is the link? I've looked a couple of times but don't actually see that. Just the bolded statement that the email will be sent after receiving the application. Still waiting for aadsas to receive one of my transcripts... sent it 6/11/20 and still waiting which is frustrating

Screen Shot 2020-06-16 at 6.23.43 PM.png

In program description on your application

Where is the link? I've looked a couple of times but don't actually see that. Just the bolded statement that the email will be sent after receiving the application. Still waiting for aadsas to receive one of my transcripts... sent it 6/11/20 and still waiting which is frustrating

did anyone use the link and pay when it was $80 instead of $85? Assuming we should just reach out?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does Colorado have a supplemental application? I paid the supplemental fee and my app is verified but haven’t heard anything.

Should I submit the $85 fee before my transcripts are verified? I just submitted my AADSAS Monday so not too sure if I should pay the $85 fee right away.

Should I submit the $85 fee before my transcripts are verified? I just submitted my AADSAS Monday so not too sure if I should pay the $85 fee right away.
If you are certain that you want to apply, yes you should probably just get it done as soon as you can..one less thing to think about later.

If you are certain that you want to apply, yes you should probably just get it done as soon as you can..one less thing to think about later.
Great Thank you wasn't sure if they wanted the app to be verified first like some schools.

Great Thank you wasn't sure if they wanted the app to be verified first like some schools.
Oh I guess I hadn't heard that some prefer verified apps prior to submitting the secondary fee.. But still unless stated, I'd assume you're in the clear..

Do you know if Colorado waives the secondary fee if you qualified for FAP?

Last edited:
Admissions sends out the secondary
Do you know when they start sending these out? My app is complete and verified, and I've paid my fee, and i received an email from them saying they will send the secondary app, but i was wondering when or how long will it take them to send it out?
Thank you!

Do you know when they start sending these out? My app is complete and verified, and I've paid my fee, and i received an email from them saying they will send the secondary app, but i was wondering when or how long will it take them to send it out?
Thank you!
Don’t know. First interview invites were sent out 7/30 last year.

Has your app been marked as complete yet? Im still listed as under review and wondering if it because of the $80 vs $85.

Mine says received/under review, but I wouldn’t pay too much attention to that. I received an email on July 1st saying that my application is being evaluated

Mine says received/under review, but I wouldn’t pay too much attention to that. I received an email on July 1st saying that my application is being evaluated
When did you submit/when was your app verified?

Do you know if Colorado waives the secondary fee if you qualified for FAP?

Hey sorry I don't know how I missed this. Not sure if you found the answer but I believe so on case by case so I would email to ask before paying it!

Hey sorry I don't know how I missed this. Not sure if you found the answer but I believe so on case by case so I would email to ask before paying it!

I wish I saw this earlier. I got approved for the FAP but paid the supplemental fee.

Anyone hear of when Colorado is going to start sending out interviews?

Does anyone know what the grading system is like? Is attendance at lectures mandatory and are lectures available online/recorded?

Does anyone know what the grading system is like? Is attendance at lectures mandatory and are lectures available online/recorded?

Attendance is mandatory per school policy like most schools. But it is the professor responsibility to take attendance or not.
Lectures are recorded and available online.

Has anyone heard anything? It's been a month. Any interview invites? Waiting is so hard.

Invites generally come via email ? Or phone call ? Or in your portal and you have to go looking ?

We have a portal? I don't remember a portal? GiVe mE AnXIeTY wHY DoN'T YOu :dead:

lol in all seriousness though, do some people have portals and others don't? Is this from supplementals or does CU just not use portals?
Or am I missing something really obvious here??

They said they would reach out in an email if supplemental information was needed.

Invites generally come via email ? Or phone call ? Or in your portal and you have to go looking ?

Email

We have a portal? I don't remember a portal? GiVe mE AnXIeTY wHY DoN'T YOu :dead:

lol in all seriousness though, do some people have portals and others don't? Is this from supplementals or does CU just not use portals?
Or am I missing something really obvious here??

There is no portal. I think he/she/they may have been referring to your AADSAS portal as some schools also update those to show if you received an interview

Last year supplementals were given to people that got interviews to submit just before their interview. May or may not be the same this year but if there is a supplemental you will get an email.

Email

There is no portal. I think he/she/they may have been referring to your AADSAS portal as some schools also update those to show if you received an interview

Last year supplementals were given to people that got interviews to submit just before their interview. May or may not be the same this year but if there is a supplemental you will get an email.

Ahh ok! Thank you for the clarification!

Colorado...say something! :nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting:

Reactions: 6 users
Just received an interview invite!! I am OOS and the interview is virtual

Just received an interview invite!! I am OOS and the interview is virtual
Samesies. OOS. Dates for now look like 9/15-9/30. Pretty much every day except sunday.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Just got an interview invite! I am so excited!!!:soexcited: (and very very relieved haha)

Interview #1
School:
University of Colorado
Notification date: 9/10/2020
Method of notification: Email
Residency: Colorado
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/18
Application complete date: 7/1
Undergraduate GPA (overall, science): 3.15, 3.10
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/21/23/30/none
Dates available OR your interview date: 9/25

Interview #3
School: University of Colorado
Notification date: 9/10/2020
Method of notification: Email
Residency: Texas
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/20
Application complete date: 7/3
Undergraduate GPA (overall, science): 3.82, 3.70
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/19/22/29/none
Dates available OR your interview date: 9/23

Last edited:
Aggghh did not get one :arghh: lol. Hopefully I am in the next batch but I submitted 6/16 so probably not o_O

Aggghh did not get one :arghh: lol. Hopefully I am in the next batch but I submitted 6/16 so probably not o_O

Don't give up hope yet! It is still very early in the cycle!
I know a lot of people say that but its true! I've seen many people posting with their 3rd and 4th invites and this is my first. Its never too late :)

Don't give up hope yet! It is still very early in the cycle!
I know a lot of people say that but its true! I've seen many people posting with their 3rd and 4th invites and this is my first. Its never too late :)

Thank you for the encouragement! This is one of my top choices so keep your fingers crossed for me :)

Hey did you or anyone else who reads this receive a supplemental app from them prior to your interview invite? I only paid the fee.