University of Colorado Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Thank you for the encouragement! This is one of my top choices so keep your fingers crossed for me :)

Hey did you or anyone else who reads this receive a supplemental app from them prior to your interview invite? I only paid the fee.

I most certainly will!! :xf: :xf: :xf: and on that note good luck to everyone!

I actually did not receive a supplemental, I just paid the fee and the only email I got after the 'application complete and under review email' was the interview invite. Anyone else?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Interview #2
School:
University of Colorado
Notification date: 9/10/2020
Method of notification: Email
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/17
Application complete date: 7/1
Undergraduate GPA (overall, science): 4.0, 4.0
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/21/26/25/none
Dates available OR your interview date: Haven't decided yet- available are sep 16-30

Members don't see this ad :)
any tips for interview( this is my first interview and im so stressed ) I have no idea about interviews

Does anyone know if the majority of OOS interview invites are sent after the in state ones?

Guys! I got my invite just now! Sooooooooo happy! :happy:

Interview #8
School: University of Colorado
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/16
Undergraduate GPA (overall, science): 3.88, 3.72
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/19/20/21/none
Dates available OR your interview date: 9/29

• Care
Reactions: 2 users

Interview #8

Woohoo!!:soexcited:Congratulations!
Fingers crossed we all do well in our interviews! :xf:

Interview #8
Congrats!! Always happy to see people getting interviews at their top schools!

Hey everyone, congrats on landing an interview! I have a couple of questions and hoping someone can answer them!

1. Can the headshot have a light gray background?

2. Can we register for the admissions presentation on the same day as our interview? (I scheduled mine for Sept. 15 and the first date for the presentation is the 15th)

3. Were there any other dates for the student panel before September 15th or did it fill up?

Hey everyone, congrats on landing an interview! I have a couple of questions and hoping someone can answer them!

2. Can we register for the admissions presentation on the same day as our interview? (I scheduled mine for Sept. 15 and the first date for the presentation is the 15th)

3. Were there any other dates for the student panel before September 15th or did it fill up?
Other dates for student panel were 9/22 and 10/6 I think

They recommend attending the admissions presentation before your interview but it’s not a requirement so I think that you can register for the presentation on the same day as your interview.

In terms of the light gray background, you can probably call/email admissions to find out. I just used an app to change the background color on my headshot

Has anyone received a confirmation email for their interview slot yet?

Has anyone received a confirmation email for their interview slot yet?
I got mine on the same day of signing up! But, it says to give them up to 48 business hours so I wouldn't start worrying too much just yet.

EDIT: Ok so I don't actually have a conformation email yet! I went back through my email and couldn't find it, I'm pretty sure I mistook an SDN notification about this very thread as my confirmation email D'OH :smack:

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I signed up for an interview yesterday, but haven’t received a confirmation email. Has anyone else not received one yet if they signed up yesterday?

Does anyone know the post-interview acceptance rate for OOS for Colorado?
Its pretty high I think. They are pretty OOS friendly and I think they move through a lot of their waitlist too. According to one excel sheet from 2017 they Interviewed about 190 OOS applicants and ended up admitting 70 of them over the course of their cycle (So obviously they were turned down by some OOS student and admitted more since only 30 OOS enrolled I think)

Anyone get the interview confirmation emails?
I haven’t! I hope I get it by Monday since my interview is next week! I am thinking they will come on Monday since that will technically be two buisness days since I scheduled my interview

Do we think its okay for the picture we upload to have a photoshopped white background? I have a headshot already taken but the background isnt white

No confirmation email for me either. I am assuming Monday now as well.

Reactions: 1 users
Did anyone receive the zoom links for either the presentation or student panel once they signed up for them?

Did anyone receive the zoom links for either the presentation or student panel once they signed up for them?
I've received my interview confirmation, but not for the presentation or student panel. I signed up for the session this Tuesday, so hopefully we will get those soon :D does anyone know if if the presentation/discussion is group or 1 on 1?

I've received my interview confirmation, but not for the presentation or student panel. I signed up for the session this Tuesday, so hopefully we will get those soon :D does anyone know if if the presentation/discussion is group or 1 on 1?

Same here! What is the discussion question they mention? Anyone know?

This is kind of a dumb question but should we be dressed professionally for the information session as well?

Just got the link for the info session tomorrow!

Hello all, I signed up for the interview and info-session/student panel last Thursday and Friday respectively. I have now received confirmation and zoom invites for everything except the student panel.

Quick question that's probably really stupid but during the info-session it says well have a discussion question. Is this like a group interview type discussion question for us interviewees to tackle or more of an open Q&A discussion session? I'm trying to gauge my stress level at the moment. haha

Hello all, I signed up for the interview and info-session/student panel last Thursday and Friday respectively. I have now received confirmation and zoom invites for everything except the student panel.

Quick question that's probably really stupid but during the info-session it says well have a discussion question. Is this like a group interview type discussion question for us interviewees to tackle or more of an open Q&A discussion session? I'm trying to gauge my stress level at the moment. haha
No idea, that also threw me in a loop because I was looking forward to just digesting information and listening but now the prospect of having to talk is spiking my stress levels :bag:

If you look at the email with the interview invite it says "the committee members will only have access to basic demographic information about you, personal statement, and discussion question prior to the interview." So... take that as you will :confused:

No idea, that also threw me in a loop because I was looking forward to just digesting information and listening but now the prospect of having to talk is spiking my stress levels :bag:

If you look at the email with the interview invite it says "the committee members will only have access to basic demographic information about you, personal statement, and discussion question prior to the interview." So... take that as you will :confused:

Yeah see! ok glad to know I am not going crazy!

The messages all seemed rather vague? Or perhaps not vague more like you can take it in more ways than one... and that is not helping my anxiety at all :dead:

Ah well! I think tomorrow is the first round of interviews and admissions presentation, for those of you who go through it tomorrow could you let us know what we're up against? I think I can speak for the rest of us when I say we would be eternally grateful!!!

Reactions: 2 users
Hi! Just wondering how the discussion was and how we can prepare for it?
I don’t really feel like you can prepare for it because there’s no way of knowing if you will get the same question our group did

Has anyone had their interview yet? Any advice? Most of mine have been open file so I am just wondering how the closed file went!

It’s a written prompt- very low stress. Just answer with your best instincts!
Ok so there was a group qeustion after all! How big were the groups? Did you all get divided up or -?

Ok so there was a group qeustion after all! How big were the groups? Did you all get divided up or -?
At the end of the admissions presentation they just give you a prompt/question to write about and you have 45 minutes to respond to it. It’s not stressful so nobody needs to worry about it

At the end of the admissions presentation they just give you a prompt/question to write about and you have 45 minutes to respond to it. It’s not stressful so nobody needs to worry about it

Ahhh ok that makes sense. Thank you so much!

Write about it where? On like word?

Wow ok, that really wasn't stressful at all!
Hopefully, the interview is the same way!

Thank you all for posting your experiences and encouragement! ;)

Coming in with an attire question again- should we dress professionally for the student panel Q&A as well? Don't want to be overdressed lol

Coming in with an attire question again- should we dress professionally for the student panel Q&A as well? Don't want to be overdressed lol
Everyone was dressed up professionally for the session I attended! The current students were dressed casually.

Just finished my interview! :soexcited:

It really is low stress, mainly conversational. I just wanted to post in case anyone was feeling particularly anxious. Y'all will do great!

Good luck everyone! ;)

Reactions: 4 users
Is it too late to apply as OOS ?
DAT: 22AA
GPA (S,C): 3.2, 3.5
2 Publications
Gap Year: Research Assistant

Is it too late to apply as OOS ?
DAT: 22AA
GPA (S,C): 3.2, 3.5
2 Publications
Gap Year: Research Assistant

It's hard to say. It might be worth a shot! Worst case scenario you waste money. Best case scenario you get an interview and acceptance :)

How many interviews are given?

So I vaguely remember someone from admissions mentioning something around 150-200 interviews? I can't quite remember exactly what they said. This was stated during mock interviews a few months back so I would take this number with a grain of salt.
I also don't know if this is the number of invitations sent or actual interviews given. But from what I've seen from following other schools' conversations I think most schools send out at least 120/150 interviews.

If anyone knows more please feel free to correct me/add on! I am rather curious too ;)